• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ffdgh

Jesus Battle Subway. Just got flinched 3 times in a row by Rock Slide. Didn't cause any real trouble, but still.

eh i encountered a random ferrothorn that cursed and rest repeatedly.... and i didn't have any fighting/fire attacks so i was stalled to death ;_;

I'm going to equip my Ferrothorn with Leech Seed ASAP, so he can reap the benefits of that + Leftovers. Such an enviable dual-typing.

My Ferrothorn wears a Rocky Helmet, so that the opponent loses 1/4 of their health whenever they damage it physically. Combine that with Leech Seed and a few layers of Cursed Gyro Ball, and you've got yourself a big ol' recipe for hate.

—Provided the opponent goes for a lot of physical attacks, yeah, that works splendidly. Power Whip, Curse, Leech Seed, and Gyro Ball is one heck of a set-up, playing off most of the main strengths of Ferrothorn.

He's much more sturdy than a Gigalith and less flimsy than Sigilyph. He's Ferrothorn, bitches.

Boogiepop

So it would seem that I got on the normal single Subway instead of the super single. Woops. Explains why it was going so smoothly. Also, I'm loving my new Hydreigon. It's just tearing things up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haha, my doubles team is wrecking the subway. It's a shame you don't earn money from it.

Well, it's cheaper to buy vitamins from the Battle Subway, so you can continue training. And of course there are a slew of items and mostly useless TMs to buy.

Gah. I seriously ALWAYS have to look up Drapion's typing. For some reason it just REFUSES to stick in my head.
It's caused me problems before in battle - I'll be in the middle of switching in Drapion to take an attack, and then I'll think, "Wait, what can Poison/Dark take again?"

Emitan

Use your Battle Subway space bucks to buy Vitamins, then sell said Vitamins for $$$$$.

Maybe they should make a crazy taxi spinoff in Pokemon and I'll use my Trick Room team to make everything really fast and make CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY MONEY while the Offspring plays.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Boogiepop

My Hydreigon just FINALLY took down an Umbreon that was just sitting there using Work Up and Moonlight. Eventually a crit came and saved me from the endless cycle.

PS_GUY

Preorders for the Japanese version of Pokemon BW2 is up on www.Playasia.com now

It's times like these when I wish I still had my original DS Lite. :/

By the way, does anyone know if these are the final box art covers for the games?

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/

Corocoro should leak tomorrow in Japan according to a couple sites. Hopefully we'll get some news on the games.

Busaiku

Cilan pulls off a decent Elesa.
8Kz2g.jpg

Boogiepop

Do these random pokemon using toxic orbs on the battle subway at least have trick or something? I mean, I hope so, because otherwise it's really weird to put that on a Lopunny/Ursaring. Either way, they don't seem to want to use it.

Firestorm

Do these random pokemon using toxic orbs on the battle subway at least have trick or something? I mean, I hope so, because otherwise it's really weird to put that on a Lopunny/Ursaring. Either way, they don't seem to want to use it.
Ursaring has Guts. 1.5x damage when poisoned / burned / paralyzed.

Busaiku

I also wasn't completely sure if the lines between the black lines in Elesa's outfit was fabric or skin.
I guess this confirms it.

I haven't popped in my Black version in about 6 months. I grabbed my free Zekrom and put in some time to fill in my Pokedex out of boredom. I'm amazed at the fact that I don't even remember why I gave my pokes certain nicknames.

Yanmega -> Seth
Heracross -> Ringo
Parasect -> Parasilton

Suairyu

Banned
I like how Serebii is "in the process of translating".

Will probably be done five minutes after some other site posts their translation.

Are those ah... tubes coming from their "turbines" and connecting to their arms? Also I've just noticed that Resihrum has velociraptor claws which is awesome.

Top Bottom