• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

I want one so I would love an onyx from an egg.

It's pretty neat until you realize Onix totally sucks in this game. But hey a new Pokemon awesome. And then you get a couple more in 10K eggs and your friend hatches a very useful high CP snorlax...

drakaenae

It's pretty neat until you realize Onix totally sucks in this game. But hey a new Pokemon awesome. And then you get a couple more in 10K eggs and your friend hatches a very useful high CP snorlax...
Not if they release Steelix. Then having an onix and evolving it would be worth it.

Pachimari

Guys I need your help. Pretty simple really I just have this two Eevees that I want to evolve.

Here's IV result of Eevee 1:

And this are the IV results of Eevee 2:

My question is wich one should evolve? Because one it says it's on "Pokémon Level 12" and the other is in "Pokémon Level 5" and I simply don't know what that means. Not sure if higher the number, the better, or the opposite : / Thanks!
What is this IV calculator named?

I also got four new entries to my Pokedex today, and I'm 4000xp from leveling up to lvl 22. I now have 97 / 98 Pokemon!

Joco

What's the most accurate calculator right now? I thought Silph Road was reliable, but I'm now having doubts after entering the stats of a Charmander I had and getting a difference between 82% and 97%. PokeAssistant seems pretty accurate, especially with the option now to choose which IV is the highest from the appraisal system. I'd like to be able to just stick with one calculator but I'm having a hard time when different ones turn up different results.

This Dragonite will have to do. 97.8% perfect. No Dragon Claw but this moveset isn't the end of the world right?

Best "hybrid" moveset/jack of all trades but master of none, overall she/he's a great catch.

I just did something I never thought I would last night: running around like a madman trying to catch Pokemon. It was embarrassing but at least I got a Dragonite, Chansey, and SlowBro out of it.

I don't know where are you from, but reimagining your suburbs while doing some healthy cardio? As long as you stay safe, that's definitely cool if you ask me.

FlyingHugeMan

Neo Member
I had to make a hard choice, catch a train or a muk.

feels.png

pringles

I wanna catch some pokemon, but it's too hot outside right now.

I got 120 coins, should i buy an incense and use it?
I'd say no. Currently, incense feels like the biggest waste of pokecoins.

So after 21 hours in a Gym, does it go up to 20 Coins/1000 Stardust and so on? Or does it stay at 10/500?
I'n sure you're aware but the defender bonus goes up by holding more than 1 gym. So holding 5 gyms for 10 minutes and is better than holding 1 gym for 21 hours. Don't collect only 10 coins/500 dust if you can manage to get at least 2-3 gyms before losing them.

KingBroly

Banned
I'n sure you're aware but the defender bonus goes up by holding more than 1 gym. So holding 5 gyms for 10 minutes and is better than holding 1 gym for 21 hours. Don't collect only 10 coins/500 dust if you can manage to get at least 2-3 gyms before losing them.

Yeah, I know. BUT Gyms are pretty scarce around here. I've also never been in a situation before where I've held a Gym for more than 12 hours.

I caught these this morning as a car passenger. Probably the most "rare" pokemon I've caught in such a short period of time.

This is a week old, but I'm pretty proud of it. I've lost 20 pounds since switching to diet soda and started Pokemon Go

Also, did I do the quote image correctly? I wanted to make sure I am using the proper image etiquette.

This is amazing, keep it up :3

SzqkjmM.jpg

got my finger on the ready to submit our new thread. Gimme your posts.

Also I tried to update the OP for this new one as best I can. If you think there's something that's wrong or there's something you want to see please let me know and I'd be happy to add it.

GulAtiCa

At least it wasn't an Onix
I'd be ok with an Onix, it's very unlikely for me to ever see an Onyx around me. Rock pokemon are rare here

I wanna catch some pokemon, but it's too hot outside right now.

I got 120 coins, should i buy an incense and use it?

You could... But Incense is a much better item if you are actually walking/jogging.

Would be better to buy Lures and go to a place that has Pokestops (inside of course), and use that

Firemind

I drop all the useless faff like paras, meowths, psyducks and their evolutions. Keeping golbats for crobat later. I'd rather spend coins on a bigger item bag than more pokemon storing room.

Just went on a short walk around to see if there was anything interesting to catch near my home. Nothing but Rattatas and Spearows, so gave up and walked home... Mr. Mime right outside my house! Sooo Happy!

Hycran

Banned
What's the most accurate calculator right now? I thought Silph Road was reliable, but I'm now having doubts after entering the stats of a Charmander I had and getting a difference between 82% and 97%. PokeAssistant seems pretty accurate, especially with the option now to choose which IV is the highest from the appraisal system. I'd like to be able to just stick with one calculator but I'm having a hard time when different ones turn up different results.

Poke assistant has never steered me wrong. I use it daily and now that it has the check boxes it is absolutely cash. It also has the evolve tool which is mostly right

|OT3| Pidgey Raising Simulator.

On a related note, I've finally hit magic level 20. Does the CP of pokemon post 20 shoot up or are they raising about the same as before. I want to start deciding how much longer I should spend catching poke.on befire I start pivoting my attention more towards gym ready teams.

Nightbird

|OT3| Pidgey Raising Simulator.

On a related note, I've finally hit magic level 20. Does the CP of pokemon post 20 shoot up or are they raising about the same as before. I want to start deciding how much longer I should spend catching poke.on befire I start pivoting my attention more towards gym ready teams.

they continue to go up until level 30.

But beware, raising your level will be a ton of work from now on.

L Thammy

|OT4| Real men shouldn't be playing Pokemon, I hunt real animals in real life

EDIT:
|OT3| I've been typing 4 instead of 3 and none of you pointed it out

Maitiú

The amount of people that hold a Gym for 21 hours has to be extremely small.

It depends on a few factors, like what level you are, gym location, how you got in the gym, and time of week.

I don't know your trainer level, but the higher your level, the stronger pokemon you carry and hopefully the other strong trainers in your gym carry and the more likely people in rival teams are strong-armed out of even trying. So keep using lucky eggs and getting 70K+ XP with them by evolving the whole 30 minutes.

Location is key. Gyms around nests are a lost cause for the most part, changing sides often within 5 minutes. Try to find gyms in low-trafficked areas, like places that have no restaurants or attractions around them. I have only just gotten started taking the gym's seriously, and I have held the same 3 gyms since Tuesday (today is Sunday), never once losing them, and I live right next to the DFW airport, not a rural area by any means (I'm a level 24).

Adding yourself by taking down another team is leaving yourself vulnerable, and you most likely won't still have it in 21 hours. Either organize with people on your team from your community to focus on a select bunch of less-trafficked gyms, or focus on adding your self to level 5-6 gyms owned by your team, preferably ones with really high trainers in them that intimidate would-be attackers and keep them from trying.

Many gyms have two lives of their own: the weekday and the weekend. Some, in the office building areas or places people don't go on the weekend, may go untouched all weekend but then are a mad-house during the weekday. Other places, like low-profile tourist destinations, have gyms you may hold all week until the trickling of families and players come in on the weekend and turn it into a madhouse. Then on Monday you can go back and retake them, especially ones that are already your team's again.

Nightbird

my GPS is going crazy right now.

which is awesome, because it keeps adding distance to the eggs I'm hatching. It already did 700m of the 2km Egg I started hatching today lol

JavyOO7

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

I use that table with whatever the game says and Poke assistant calculator. When the Mystic leader tells me that my Golbat is 'a wonder' then I know I know that its at least over 80%. Then it mentions that its best attributes are HP and matched equally by defense and that they exceed her calculations... then I use Poke assistant calculator to help me choose which one it is. This time it was easy for me. Dead give away are the two 15s for HP and Def.

b51948a732.png

Maitiú;215266099 said:
It depends on a few factors, like what level you are, gym location, how you got in the gym, and time of week.

I don't know your trainer level, but the higher your level, the stronger pokemon you carry and hopefully the other strong trainers in your gym carry and the more likely people in rival teams are strong-armed out of even trying. So keep using lucky eggs and getting 70K+ XP with them by evolving the whole 30 minutes.

Location is key. Gyms around nests are a lost cause for the most part, changing sides often within 5 minutes. Try to find gyms in low-trafficked areas, like places that have no restaurants or attractions around them. I have only just gotten started taking the gym's seriously, and I have held the same 3 gyms since Tuesday (today is Sunday), never once losing them, and I live right next to the DFW airport, not a rural area by any means (I'm a level 24).

Adding yourself by taking down another team is leaving yourself vulnerable, and you most likely won't still have it in 21 hours. Either organize with people on your team from your community to focus on a select bunch of less-trafficked gyms, or focus on adding your self to level 5-6 gyms owned by your team, preferably ones with really high trainers in them that intimidate would-be attackers and keep them from trying.

Many gyms have two lives of their own: the weekday and the weekend. Some, in the office building areas or places people don't go on the weekend, may go untouched all weekend but then are a mad-house during the weekday. Other places, like low-profile tourist destinations, have gyms you may hold all week until the trickling of families and players come in on the weekend and turn it into a madhouse. Then on Monday you can go back and retake them, especially ones that are already your team's again.

It really depends on where you live. Gyms last for several days here. I cashed in a whopping 50 coins this morning. This is my biggest bonus yet, and I was consistently getting 30 coin bonuses before. My Pokemon aren't strong, but activity is very slow here.

I'm happy about the coins, because my actual Pokemon Go hunt on Saturday was very disappointing. It was mainly due to some crushing 10km egg duds and a lack of good spawns. To add more salt on the wounds, I found a Scyther outside my house at the very end of the day. I already had one, but I really wanted this one. It had 1179 CP, which is ten times stronger than my previous one. It fled after one Razz Berry + Ultra Ball.

I won't be hunting until Tuesday. I am still close to attaining several Stage 2 and 3 evolutions, so that gives me motivation to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom