• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

border

I am looking to develop a good Blissey-counter Pokemon.

Machamp is out of the question, since I just evolved one and it got no Fighting moves (WTF?).

How about Rhydon? What moveset is preferable -- Mud Slap/Earthquake or Rock Smash/Earthquake? Those are my choices.

HiResDes

Machamp is out of the question, since I just evolved one and it got no Fighting moves (WTF?).

How about Rhydon? What moveset is preferable -- Mud Slap/Earthquake or Rock Smash/Earthquake? Those are my choices.
Donphan with Counter can do it as well. You can also get lucky if you dodge well with Gengar and kill it. Tyranitar with Bite, but that's hard to come by. Hell, Flareon (Fire Spin + Overheat) can also do it.

Replicant

The one that I noticed cut down his health quite quickly was Rhydon with Mud Slap/Stone Edge and Exeggutor with Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam but the later may be more because Solar Beam just cuts everything in its way.

border

Has anyone tried powering up a Jynx with Frost Breath/Avalanche to counter Dragonite? I got one but it is at 912CP with bad IV.

I also have a Jynx with Frost Breath/Draining Kiss that I was considering powering up. It's IVs are good but I'm not sure if it's worth all the dust.

My current Dragonite counter is a Cloyster with Frost Breath/Hydro Pump. Either that or I just use another Dragonite and make sure that I dodge everything I can.

Finally hit level 30! Feels like a great milestone. Stats time.

Kanto: 143
Johto: 73
Pokemon caught: 5480
Evolutions: 484
PokeStops: 5033
KMs: 492.9
Eggs: 283
Gym battles: 101
Gym training: 164
Big Magikarp: 52
Tiny Rattata: 51
Pikachu: 75

Normal: 2170
Water: 1434
Flying: 1391
Poison: 1036
Bug: 537
Grass: 457
Psychic: 430
Electric: 284
Ground: 274
Fire: 210
Rock: 170
Fairy: 163
Steel: 108
Ghost: 99
Fighting: 89
Dark: 54
Dragon: 51
Ice: 50

Has anyone tried powering up a Jynx with Frost Breath/Avalanche to counter Dragonite? I got one but it is at 912CP with bad IV.

I also have a Jynx with Frost Breath/Draining Kiss that I was considering powering up. It's IVs are good but I'm not sure if it's worth all the dust.

My current Dragonite counter is a Cloyster with Frost Breath/Hydro Pump. Either that or I just use another Dragonite and make sure that I dodge everything I can.

I usually use my Lapras as a Dragonite counter but I also have 17 Cloysters for that.
I also have 9 Jynx but I never really tested them for that purpose
I also like to use Seadra against Dragonite.

Stats stats stats stats!

Level 32 Mystic

Kanto: 144
Johto: 65
Captured: 7687
Evolved: 1200
Hatched: 644
Pokestops: 10194
Walked: 1684km
Battled: 357
Trained: 380
Big karp: 63
Tiny rats: 91
Pikachu: 52

Normal: 3501
Flying: 2417
Poison: 1588
Ground: 455
Bug: 737
Ghost: 292
Fire: 200
Water: 2209
Grass: 470
Electric: 236
Psychic: 1094
Ice: 208
Fairy: 225
Fighting: 105
Rock: 193
Steel: 102
Dark: 65
Dragon: 37

Masked Man

I said wow
They need to do something about this Evolution Item drop rate. I spin like a fiend every day on my way to and from work, and I've only received two items total. :/

GulAtiCa

I found my Dragonites are pretty good at taking down Blisseys in a timely manor.

Jynxs are good at presteging Dragonites. I have an army of them, from my many egg hatches, that I use to take them down and train a gym. Works well. Even got 2 1500+ Jynxs to handle 3000cp Dragonites.

Luxorek

Stolen from /r/thesilphroad

HH6IIlF.png

Seems to match my biome.

GulAtiCa

Good to see some Gen 1 Pokemon aren't hatchable anymore. Weird that some Gen 2 pokemon aren't even hatchable yet. Also so weird to see Dratinis being a huge chance of getting (matches my experience currently)

I also feel like Skarmory is the new Pinsar, since where I live (GA, USA) they are everywhere! At least unlike Pinsar, they are good for increasing Steel metal.

Luxorek

Shame about Magikarp. Eggs were a good source for high IV ones, at least for me. I'm also happy Doduo no longer hatch from eggs, they used to be one of the more common hatches in my case - I have two 98% Doduo and three other, not to mention three Dodrio.

Stolen from /r/thesilphroad

Seems to match my biome.

Yet I've never hatched a Dratini lol

And it doesn't make any sense that there are so many Gen 2 Pokemon that can't be hatched. And that they left some shit like goldeen in there but took out more important Gen 1s. *sigh*

Dishwalla

Banned
Why are there a whole bunch of Pokemon, including some good ones like the Gen 2 starters and Houndour, even in the egg groups if they never hatch from eggs? Would love to hatch a good Houndour. Or shoot an Unown, since apparently those are super rare in the wild.

Why are there a whole bunch of Pokemon, including some good ones like the Gen 2 starters and Houndour, even in the egg groups if they never hatch from eggs? Would love to hatch a good Houndour. Or shoot an Unown, since apparently those are super rare in the wild.

Houndour and the generation 2 starters are not hatchable from eggs right now.

Joni

Something that the charts hides a bit is that you have about the same chance at getting a Dratini as you do getting a common from 2 or 5 km. So the game decides which Pokemon you get and then you get the egg distance corresponding to it instead of the other way around.

border

I evolved my very first Alakazam today. It got Confusion (Psychic) and Focus Blast (Fighting).

I was kind of annoyed because I just wanted it to have purely Psychic attacks.

But according to TripleDex, a Confusion/FocusBlast Alakazam is like Top 5 DPS against Blissey and against Snorlax. So I guess I've got my Blissey counter all lined up. I guess it's a nice consolation after my Machamp evolution got fucked.

I evolved my very first Alakazam today. It got Confusion (Psychic) and Focus Blast (Fighting).

I was kind of annoyed because I just wanted it to have purely Psychic attacks.

But according to TripleDex, a Confusion/FocusBlast Alakazam is like Top 5 DPS against Blissey and against Snorlax. So I guess I've got my Blissey counter all lined up. I guess it's a nice consolation after my Machamp evolution got fucked.

You can solo gyms again, congrats.

I lack any good fighting types so FUCK BLISSEY.

What the hell is up with the moveset RNG? 13 Granbulls and not a single one learned Close Combat. I just want a Pokémon with that move, period.

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of Granbull with Crunch. I kept one with Play Rough, since its stats aren't trash. So frustrating!

border

You can solo gyms again, congrats.

I lack any good fighting types so FUCK BLISSEY.

Go to Disney World or Universal Studios and pick up a Heracross. At least that's what I was considering :)

Even with a type advantage, Blissey and Snorlax are no joke just because they have such a massive HP pool. I have a Pinsir with double-fighting moves that can only survive a match against Snorlax about half the time. And although Alakazam is rated just below Machamp and Heracross combos for DPS, it's not in a good position because its HP is not as high as those two so it won't survive an extended encounter.

I am looking forward to see what Alakazam can do, although it will probably be a while before I get enough Abra candy to really make it competitive.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd also note that Rhydon with MudSlap/Earthquake or RockSmash/Earthquake is a non-fighting type that performs very well against Blissey. Rhydon has good defense, high HP, and most of Blissey's attacks will Not Very Effective. TrainerTips did a video the other day where his Rhydon was able to beat Blissey without dodging.

rc213

Got bored waiting for an Easter event to be announced.

Results of 9x 10km Egg-travaganza!

1 Skamory
2x Pineco
1 Mareep
1 Dratini
4x Mantine

The distance tracking on my run was terrible tonight.

Only recorded 1.5km out of 4km.

That sounds pretty good in my experience. I ran 30km today and was credited for 1km. Maybe not even that much.

Up to 3200 stops spun since Gen 2 started. I still have only one evolution item to show for it (acquired on first 7 day streak spin)

Awayze

Neo Member
Got bored waiting for an Easter event to be announced.

Results of 9x 10km Egg-travaganza!

1 Skamory
2x Pineco
1 Mareep
1 Dratini
4x Mantine
This is why I dont wanna pay for incubators.
I've noticed that there is much less Sudo's and Gligars compared to 2 weeks ago. Still hear that tu tu tu sound for Mantine every day though.

Dishwalla

Banned
Finally got another evo item, a Metal Coat. Hello Steelix. 78 Johto Pokemon caught, missing some common ones I probably should've caught by now like Shuckle and Girafarig.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
My 11 missing now (not counting regional exclusives) is basically a pain in the ass.

Need 2 Oddishes to use the Sun Stone I have
Need King Rock for a politoed
Need 2 Metal Coats for Steelix and Scizor
Need Dragon Scale for Kingdra

So that's 6 left

Need more 36 Togepi Candy (Togetic got away)
108 more Mareep Candy (sobs)
2 more Hoppip's to get that 3rd stage
5 more Swinub's (rare in LA)
56 more Larvitar candy
1 Unown

Top Bottom