• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

WPS

I finally got my first Dragonite! It's only in the low 2000s though, I don't have the candy to level it up to full, but with how weak everything I have is that's still amazing.

It rolled Dragon Tail / Hurricane, which as far as I can tell is the current best option?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hit 233 tonight:

just missing Unown, 2 Metal Coats, Mr Mime, and Kangakhan.

Going to Europe this week, so hopefully with a little RNG luck on my 7-day and some regional action, I can hit 235

Oxx

There really isn't much to do now apart from wait for the next event.

Just need to grind Totodile/Cyndaquil/Chikorita/Mareep/Larvitar buddy candy and hope I don't die of boredom.

Found a level 9 valor gym so powered it up and put my Tyranitar in the top spot.

Then opened my nearby and found my first ever wild Aerodactyl, well then.
Oh, and hatched a Dratini and evolved my third Dragonite which got Dragon Tail/Outrage.

Today was a good day.

Finally had some overdue luck with this game yesterday!

Firstly hatched a Larvitar... only 15 candy but that's still knocked 75km off my walk.

Then I was at a museum with my girlfriend, hadn't been playing but she went to the toilet so I opened up PoGo to kill time and Flaafy popped up right next to me.
Don't even have a Mareep yet, and caught it on first throw of an ultra ball.
5 mins later we head outside and I see a Militank shadow in my nearby!
Again, catch it with first throw of an ultra ball.

The previous day I had spent running around using a map app trying to catch rares with no success and then two pop up in my path in succession.

Also caught another wild Forretress and got a random King's Rock but don't need either.

On the down side my egg sack is full of useless 5Ks again.

ZeroCDR

Cleared the remainder of my events eggs and got a Tyrogue that will become Hitmontop, pretty pleased with that.

There really isn't much to do now apart from wait for the next event.

Just need to grind Totodile/Cyndaquil/Chikorita/Mareep/Larvitar buddy candy and hope I don't die of boredom.

Yup lol. Just gonna get my daily coins and stops, and throw my Go+ at almost everything. I just noticed I'm sitting on 300+ ultra balls..

GulAtiCa

Gained 2 new 10k eggs today. Wonder what they will be. Also hatched another Lapras from a 2k egg yesterday. Still have 1 2k egg from the event left.

Oxx

They didn't necessarily have to go back to the old egg system.

It would still have taken me a couple more weeks to get all the starter/mareep/larvitar candy I need.

If they made 5k eggs and 10k eggs slightly less common than during the event, it could have worked ok going forward.

Firemind

Fuck me. Another Sandshrew out of a 5km. They are the bane of my existence. The pokedex says I registered 65 Sandshrews and since I don't live in desert biomes, very little of those were caught.

gutshot

A Mareep showed up for me this morning, less than a mile away. First one I've ever seen in the wild. Despite the rain, I decided to go grab it since I'll probably never see another one in the wild and even hatching it is less than a 1% chance. And as long as I get one, I can start walking towards an Ampharos.

On the way over, one of my 10 km eggs starts hatching. I think to myself, "This would be hilarious if it is a Mareep." And well...

K9IN7AhtjjNIXTckX1Th1VHmKLghMYmknHGill4GglIJXlI8vM_-PFpnlonFfGKD-DwLp22-VO-2t1mFLXwJlqBCyEMukqJtU5q9PGEbnyZU-7FYBdWiMcu-_jD3U7MoHkmnkcLQaWuss2R9Fewsv6LPal5T5ibcDpkWfzPn_UXirDo67hTmh9WklgVMB0tovqrOoohh4Vo3eGJ_cGZOZceGh_QMSQtZaiOXRGlqAyIff0qjHG4Ecwl0QtU9hDV2f9tpeWydKCJl9YftiQq7kzGvUFN13-o5KX9TO8Fk8iv_SWrzZgJ_PtzQSuaqw3Rh2Zq15MpsjjDEpFx50rhJbXs30j-AXqlyIthoXRtVODQMCFtulaa80pDfrSI-Esi4hbYbmg4O3tkM9lsuuDtA9-TJRQCBU7zZl_X8gVDLrV2uqVqqhQn3_A4qkT-sjq_NJGkYSDh1sH7b4fCOuxKV-wa0bvTJTrw3FLJyXiW46Um2ki3SWkimfbWPZvKRYC0LDL1CIztAy6_0ZaOnyhX1OJe1WtC-ttHHwXSI-kEUHxEPmO7SoWPjvARZIg9gbuDHvQgJb9aVIFYoaVRICD2VmsQ3oz8W5n0XXlR-7DM9n1YjVdsPDfTx=w900-h1600-no

What are the chances of that?

Got a nice surprise from an event egg: Tyrogue. That makes a nice #225.

Check the stats and see if you can get a Hitmontop!

I have like 3 Tyrogue and no Hitmontops :/

I'm so stoked all I really have left are Dragonite, Nidoqueen, and Charizard to complete the gen 1 dex.

Joni

It is a health-attack tie so a good chance at Hitmontop. But I already have a weak one, so Tyrogue can stay Tyrogue for the sake of my living dex.

It is a health-attack tie so a good chance at Hitmontop. But I already have a weak one, so Tyrogue can stay Tyrogue for the sake of my living dex.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with 2-3 of each Pokémon for living dex purposes lol.

I remember the horrors of having to transfer Pokémon across generations to complete the Dex so I always keep 2-3 of each evolution out of habit.

GulAtiCa

I tend to only keep a living dex of Pokemon I really find interesting. Mainly starters, Eevees, Dratinis, Porygons, Larivatars (eventually). Prob more so on the rare side. I esp love Dratinis now.

Dreamed I saw several Dratinis & Dragonairs next to each other. lol

I keep a living Dex, always have in the main games so saw no reason not to in this. It can be annoying trying to get three stages but it's very satisfying.

I gave up on a living dex, makes it too annoying to sort through the Pokemon.

If it's under 80% it gets transferred, if it's over 80% it gets evolved if I have the candy.

Only under 80% ones I have are fully evolved ones if I don't have a better one (right now that's mostly gen 2 pokemon that don't hatch like Ursaring and Houndoom).

Went from 500 to 330 Pokemon and it's so much nicer to sort through now.

~

Work was quiet so they gave me the day off, so seeing as I was showered and ready nice and early I decided to go for a nice walk before becoming a potato in front of Persona 5.
Caught a few Rhyhorn which has me over 50 candy again, just need to find a good one to evolve
to get Megahorn again.
Caught one Cyndaquil, two more until I can get Typhlosion. Caught a 2100 CP Pinsir with the best appraisal and double fighting moves (Rock Smash/Close Combat), nice Blissey attacker there. And finally hatched my last two event eggs along with two 10km eggs, which net me.... Pichu and Squirtle and Pineco x2. Shit.

All up decent day :p

Growlie19

Today, I join the group of people that have completed the Kanto dex! I finally hatched a Tyrogue with attack as its best stat, netting me a Hitmonlee, along with a bonus Miltank! I'm also just 15.3 kilometers away from a Togetic.

elguero

Okay we really need a way to see what gyms our pokemon are in from within the UI. I visited a restaurant that I hadn't been to in a while and got freaked out when I realized I was prestiging against one of my own vaporeons that had been assigned to a gym for over a month lol. Had totally forgotten where it as well as several other of my high CP pokemons had been hanging out.

Got Dodrio today, now only 3 off all the non-regional/legendary Gen I Pokemon. Getting all the Gen II will be a much harder feat however unless they make Mareep and Larvitar a lot easier to get. Still yet to get either and considering they're both 3 stages it's not looking likely that I'll have Tyranitar or Ampharos anytime soon.

One year anniversary which is, like, July?

Yuup.

One year anniversary + summertime = a good event opportunity.

I have photos from the first week of PoGo at the park I spend a lot of my game time at. Looking forward to taking photos of the one year anniversary to compare the two.

wwm0nkey

Really hoping year 1 update will be a big one, we are missing from what we know; raids, new battle system w/ PvP, trading and legendary Pokemon

Oxx

Here's me thinking that summer would be a good time for gen 3.

I guess they'll have to get some fundamental updates out at some point too.

Firemind

I don't think we will get gen 3 coming summer. If memory serves correctly, gen 3 has one of the biggest number of new Pokemon. Plus, gen 2 starters are still rare as fuck. I only have 12 chikorita candy and 6 totodile candy.

Oxx

I think it would be significantly terrible if they didn't have a load of new monsters to catch while children are off for the summer.

border

Snagged two Larvitar today, so I can theoretically get Puppitar.

I never evolve a Phase 1 Pokemon until I have enough candies to get all the way to Phase 3. If you jump to Phase 2 early, you might find/hatch something with better IV while you are collecting the next 100 candies.

sam777

I never evolve a Phase 1 Pokemon until I have enough candies to get all the way to Phase 3. If you jump to Phase 2 early, you might find/hatch something with better IV while you are collecting the next 100 candies.

Great advice that everyone should follow.

GulAtiCa

I think gen 3 will likely be introduced by end of summer. Be better for sooner, but they only just introduced it like 2 months ago for gen 2.

Oxx

I'm @ 110 Larvitar candy, but my best one is only 88% IV.

Decisions...

Joni

Indeed. If it was a good IV Larvitar, I would have evolved it already. Now I just need to convince myself not to do until I collect the next 96 candy and a better IV Larvitar that is also high level.

Gen III in July would make sense, one year anniversary + it would make up for the fact they released Gen II a month late and mean that we'd have a new Gen basically every six months. I imagine that we'll like a few more events before July though, as we're currently on a schedule of one a month (New Years, Gen II, Water Festival, Easter Event), hopefully a Fire or Fighting festival for those of us stuck in water biomes. While some of you in America have like 5 Machamps I'm still stuck here with 5 Machop caught since the game came out.

Gen III will be great though, a lot more stuff added to eggs as well as a lot more common 'Mon to increase diversity. I imagine stuff like Taillow, Wingull, Zigzagoon, Seedot, Lotad, Poochyena, Nincada etc. will be pretty easy to find. I wonder what the inexplicably common Pokemon will be this Gen, i.e. Drowzee and Swinub, my money is on Gulpin.

GulAtiCa

I hatched a 100% Slowpoke yesterday. Interesting. Not sure what to evolve it into.

Also, got another 10k egg today. Maybe I'll wait till I have 6 again and do a big egg hatching session. Perhaps even go old school and wait till I have 9 in full, maybe.

So, in about 6 months, I'll be going on my honeymoon to Clearwater Beach, FL. I decided to look up on https://www.pokemongomap.info/ to see if my hotel was near any pokestops. And I'm in luck! Seems like there are 2 at the hotel. Depending on where my room is, I might be able to reach 1 or 2. Though, I'll have a Jr Suite facing the Gulf, so possible I'll not be in range while in our room. Not that it would matter since, since we go to Universal 4 days later, and that is Pokestop heaven! Hell, if we get a room near where we got it last time for Cabana Bay Hotel, we will be on another Pokestop.

Top Bottom