• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

El Sloth

Banned
Negator said:
Heh, thanks a lot, El Sloth. I didn't catch that last part over the mic. If I want, we could what? :lol

:lol You make it sound so creepy. I was asking if you wanted any of the original starters.

Negator

What? Communication error? LAME!

Bii was nice enough to give me a charmander, I'd love some original starters to fill out my dex.

Oh come on, again? Stupid WFC.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Well yes. But of course, that's assuming there are any evolutions that need the Moon Stone in Gen V. I bet we get more random stat/gender/location evolutions. :lol

One can only hope. :lol Eevee + Moonstone = Umbreon. Umbreon + Moonstone @ night = Where the fuck did it go?

El Sloth

Banned
Negator said:
What? Communication error? LAME!

Bii was nice enough to give me a charmander, I'd love some original starters to fill out my dex.

Well I can get you Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Cyndaquil also, if you didn't already choose him as you starter that is. You'll have to wait 'till tomorrow though for me to breed 'em.

Fake edit: FUHGHISHGFGJDFGBFDJH Damn disconnects!

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Umbreon is Evee evolving from happiness during the night. >_>

thats_the_joke.jpg

Was trying to make a poor joke of Game Freak screwing with the evolutions. I suppose it was a piss poor one.

El Sloth

Banned
Negator said:
Thanks man, I'd appreciate it. Pretty lame that we couldn't get a battle going. Are disconnects common? That's the fourth one!

Again! That's it! I'm done! :lol I'm going to sleep, I have midterms tomorrow. I'll get you your starters tomorrow. G'night guys.

Argh. I'm bored of grinding for Pokéathlon points. I have about 40 minutes till midnight, and I just need the King's Rock. Eh. I'll work on my Slowbro and use the points for something else.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bii said:
Nope. Keep him. I bred a ton of those. You can pass Outrage to other Gibles if you breed it. :)

Dude thanks. :D I thought I'd have to wait more than 100 days for one at the Safari Zone! Though I probably still will if I run out of things to catch there.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Argh. I'm bored of grinding for Pokéathlon points. I have about 40 minutes till midnight, and I just need the King's Rock. Eh. I'll work on my Slowbro and use the points for something else.

Have you already gotten the one out of Slowpoke Well?

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yes indeedy. Evolved Slowpoke into Slowking. I need another for Politoed, which is the Pokémon I'm currently on in the Jhoto 'Dex.

Eugh. Well good luck.

On another note. Anyone want to give me some advice on a Salamence moveset?

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Blast
Roost

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Roost

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Hydro Pump
Roost

Any other suggestions that deviate from these are welcome.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yanma has a 1% chance of showing up on Route 35 and that's the only place it spawns. Fuuuuuuck.

He's one of the swarm Pokemon, I caught one of him the other day.

Rocksteady33

I hate to ask this because I don't have much to offer, but does anyone have extra Totodile's, Cyndaquil's or any of the Pokemon not obtainable from SoulSilver? I'm only at Union Cave, so I can provide, Weedle, Ledyba, Ekans and Sandshrew if anyone is interested?

parasight

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yanma has a 1% chance of showing up on Route 35 and that's the only place it spawns. Fuuuuuuck.

I can get you a Yanma, if you'd like.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Oooh. Yes please. Anything you need?

Nothing in particular, unless you have a Plusle or Minun.

FC: 2321 8634 5738

Andrex said:
Dunno but Hydro Pump sucks, just thought you should know.
Hydro Pump Sucks! Surf is better!

Hydro Pump sucks! It really really sucks!

For that matter, I'd get rid of Fire Blast too, simply because it suffers from the same problem as Hydro Pump (low PP, low accuracy). If you MUST have a special fire move, go with Flamethrower.

Also, don't rule out things like Earthquake or Brick Break, either. Both do a lot of damage over a wide variety of typings and both take advantage of Dragon Dance's Atk boost (as well as Salamence's HUGE Atk stat).

Yeah, keep one STAB dragon move and put in for something else that'll give you better type coverage.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
viciouskillersquirrel said:

Water Boy.
:D

viciouskillersquirrel said:

For that matter, I'd get rid of Fire Blast too, simply because it suffers from the same problem as Hydro Pump (low PP, low accuracy). If you MUST have a special fire move, go with Flamethrower.

Also, don't rule out things like Earthquake or Brick Break, either. Both do a lot of damage over a wide variety of typings and both take advantage of Dragon Dance's Atk boost (as well as Salamence's HUGE Atk stat).

Yeah, keep one STAB dragon move and put in for something else that'll give you better type coverage.

I had considered Earthquake, but seeing as how my Tyranitar already has it, I wasn't sure if it would be redundant. But I'd have to agree. If I go for either one (Earthquake or Brick Break) regardless, it's Battle Frontier time.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Anyone like to help me out really fast? I need to send over 5 pokes from my diamond game and then I need those transferred to my Silver game.

I'll be on for a few more hours if anyone can help.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just had the random desire to say that HeartGold/SoulSilver's version of the fifth room of the Indigo Plateau is by far the most definitive.

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow:
Champion_room.png

Gold/Silver/Crystal:
G2_Champion_Room.png

FireRed/LeafGreen:
FRLG_Champion_Room.png

HeartGold/SoulSilver:
HGSS_Champion_Room.png

And that pic doesn't even show off the awesome run up and moving gears. People who badmouth this game's graphics can suck it.

Andrex said:
Indigo Plateau
And that pic doesn't even show off the awesome run up and moving gears. People who badmouth this game's graphics can suck it.
What is the purpose of those gears anyway? I guess just to look cool. I thought they were giant curtains to begin with :lol

I also think the area outside of the Indigo Plateau in HGSS is really nice as well:

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Indigorby.PNG

Gold/Silver/Crystal
Indigogsc.png

FireRed/LeafGreen
Indigo_Plateau_III.png

HGSS
HGSS_Indigo_Plateau.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jintor said:
I think there's something to be said for FR/LG's elegant little courtyard there...

FrLg gets points for having it at the top of a big mountain with stairs to the top. TBH that's pretty epic.

Top Bottom