• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Firestorm

timnich said:
Exactly how do the EV reducing berries work? Like how many EVs do they remove? I want to EV train a couple of pokemon I used for the main quest as they have good natures, but is this really feasible? Also, is there any way to figure out the EV spread of pokemon if you didn't track EVs from the beginning?
If you have over 100 EVs, it drops it down to 100. If you have less than 100, it drops it by 10. 11 Berries brings it down to 0 for sure.

upandaway

Firestorm said:
If you have over 100 EVs, it drops it down to 100. If you have less than 100, it drops it by 10. 11 Berries brings it down to 0 for sure.
Will the Pokemon still eat it if he doesn't have any EVs reduced from it?

Hex

Banned
Ok, someone perhaps help me with some confusion I am having.
With pokemon that evolve, lets give my Ralts as an example - it evolves at 20 and then I can use a dawn stone to make it a Gallade which is my intent.
Yet, on the moves list it lists moves that Gallade gets at 17 and whatnot.
Is that just for ones in the wild or is there a way to evolve them earlier or breed them in their evolved form?
I also see people on the global center asking for level 1 of a pokemon that evolves at a certain level (and have also seen them offered also.

Harpuia

Ugh, can someone please give me a shadow ball TM. My Espeon forgot it while in the daycare, and replaced it with Psych up. :/ I got a crap load of shadow ball eevees, so thats some compensation, seeing as how it belongs to the Ground egg group. PM if you got a shadow ball TM.

thefil

Bii said:
I'll put you down for two. I'm already up to 17 Lucky Eggs. -_-

If you have a spare Bagon or Trapinch, I'll take one. If not, don't worry about it. Everyone here has been extremely generous and I feel like giving back. :)

Thanks man. I'll sent you a PM around 5:30 PST then.

Firestorm

VGC People: You can test your teams using NetBattle Supremacy. ShoddyBattle doesn't have doubles support yet but NBS does. You'd need to make your team, remember to set them all to level 50, and make the first two Pokemon have self destruct and kill themselves in the first turn.

Just got some valuable playtime to finetune my team.

Hex

Banned
Harpuia said:
Ugh, can someone please give me a shadow ball TM. My Espeon forgot it while in the daycare, and replaced it with Psych up. :/ I got a crap load of shadow ball eevees, so thats some compensation, seeing as how it belongs to the Ground egg group. PM if you got a shadow ball TM.

Eevee can learn shadow ball as an egg move?
That is awesome

Harpuia

Hex said:
Would you trade a male with it for a yawn or covet eevee?

Sure, I got a crapload of eevees from trying to get a female one. :lol Hold on, in about 5 minutes or so, I'm in the Cerulean cave lookin for Thunderbolt. FC: 4211-6206-9635.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to add I want the yawn eevee.

Hex

Banned
Harpuia said:
Sure, I got a crapload of eevees from trying to get a female one. :lol Hold on, in about 5 minutes or so, I'm in the Cerulean cave lookin for Thunderbolt. FC: 4211-6206-9635.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to add I want the yawn eevee.

Awesome, no rush just let me know 0475 0119 1993

Finally done breeding Cross Chop into Croagunk and Dragon Dance into Bagon. Is it wrong I had a lot of fun catching the pokemon who had these abilities and then with the whole breeding process? Now to just level them.. Whelp, grinding time.:lol

Fusebox

Banned
Stumbled across Entei this morning, was stoked coz I had Grimer in my party. I cast Mean Look, feeling pretty pleased that I've locked in the battle, Entei casts roar and vanishes again.

Waaah! :lol

Bii

Alright, I think I'm done with my Lucky Egg hunt. I'm keeping a few for myself, two is going to thefil, one is going to Neko Godot, two is going to OMG Aero, one to Choopy, one to Azure Phoenix and the rest are up for grabs.

Bag_Lucky_Egg_Sprite.png
20 Lucky Eggs up for grabs

I'll impose a limit of 2 per person. Neko, Choopy and Azure: if you want two, I can set them aside for you guys since you only asked for one. I ask for nothing in return, just have some useless Pokemon ready to trade me. :)

My FC is 5027 6772 6313

JSnake

Bii said:
Alright, I think I'm done with my Lucky Egg hunt. I'm keeping a few for myself, two is going to thefil, one is going to Neko Godot, two is going to OMG Aero, one to Choopy, one to Azure Phoenix and the rest are up for grabs.

Bag_Lucky_Egg_Sprite.png

I'll impose a limit of 2 per person. Neko, Choopy and Azure: if you want two, I can set them aside for you guys since you only asked for one. I ask for nothing in return, just have some useless Pokemon ready to trade me. :)

My FC is 5027 6772 6313

Me! I'll take one. My FC is 0002 5510 9942

vid

I'm trying to get a group together for VGC 2010, so one of these would help me cut down some of the level grind a bit. May I ask for one?

FC: 2708 3931 4187

Bii

vid said:
I'm trying to get a group together for VGC 2010, so one of these would help me cut down some of the level grind a bit. May I ask for one?

FC: 2708 3931 4187

Sure, added. I'm ready right now if you are.

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
Awesome! Getting online then
Edit: In the room now
Yeah you are right, but they are so expensive so I guess that if you are gonna EV train a whole team you are quickly gonna run out of money, no? Then again grinding E42 is pretty much a daily event now...

I don't think I'm ever going to run out of money, I've grinded 20+ levels for 7 Pokemon (46-70ish for my main team, 1-51 for Battle Frontier Garchomp) on Gym Leader rematches and E4 2.0. Make good use of that Amulet Coin!

Edit: I'll take a Lucky Egg Bii!

FC: 4812 9260 8486

Bii

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Thanks a lot, Bii. And it's a Pokémon I don't have, too. :lol

I have a slew of Gibles with Outrage and Charmanders with Dragon Dance/Outrage that I was breeding. I figure now would be a good time to give them out as oppose to just releasing them. :lol

cdyhybrid, I think we've traded before. So head on over to the trade room and I'll give you one. :) Edit: Thanks for the Aerodactyl! I didn't have one yet. Much appreciated.

Edit #2: I guess my math was wrong, I gave out 7 already and have 16 more to give out as of this posting.

vid

Bii said:
I have a slew of Gibles with Outrage and Charmanders with Dragon Dance/Outrage that I was breeding. I figure now would be a good time to give them out as oppose to just releasing them. :lol

cdyhybrid, I think we've traded before. So head on over to the trade room and I'll give you one. :)

Thanks again, Bii! This will cut down on my grind quite a bit, and given time constraints before game day, every little bit helps! Also, the Gible is much appreciated, I needed the line for my Pokedex!

cdyhybrid

Thanks Bii, sorry about jumping in and out the first time, forgot to get a dummy Poke to trade. Reposting this since I have the next two days off, so I'll be around most of the time:

Still have some level 1 ExtremeSpeed Dratinis to give away, also have a bunch of level 1 Aerodactyls and level 1 Houndours (some know Flamethrower, all know Will-o-Wisp) up for grabs. PM me if you're interested. Don't really need anything in return, but if you're feeling generous, I could make good use of:

-TMs for the following: Thunder Wave, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Toxic

-Any of the following items: Leftovers, Life Orb, Light Clay

-An IV-checking battle or two

Edit: It's 7:30PM Pacific, going to lay down for a bit and grind some BP while I watch the M's and the NBA playoffs. If I fall asleep I'll be around later tonight.

cdyhybrid said:
Thanks Bii, sorry about jumping in and out the first time, forgot to get a dummy Poke to trade. Reposting this since I have the next two days off, so I'll be around most of the time:

Still have some level 1 ExtremeSpeed Dratinis to give away, also have a bunch of level 1 Aerodactyls and level 1 Houndours (some know Flamethrower, all know Will-o-Wisp) up for grabs. PM me if you're interested. Don't really need anything in return, but if you're feeling generous, I could make good use of:

-TMs for the following: Thunder Wave, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Toxic

-An IV-checking battle or two

I have a Light Clay, if I could have one of the Aerodactyls please?
My FC is 0002 5730 8163.

El Sloth

Banned
Bii said:

cdyhybrid, I think we've traded before. So head on over to the trade room and I'll give you one. :) Edit: Thanks for the Aerodactyl! I didn't have one yet. Much appreciated.

Edit #2: I guess my math was wrong, I gave out 7 already and have 16 more to give out as of this posting.

I'd like one if you wouldn't mind Bii!

FC: 4898 8292 1209

Bii

Nayishiki said:
I'll take one please. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Added. I'll be in the waiting room.

Hex said:
Any of those eggs left Bil?

Yep, 16 left. Do you want one or two? Also, I'll need your FC. If you can't get online now, I can save them for you until then.

El Sloth said:
I'd like one if you wouldn't mind Bii!

FC: 4898 8292 1209

Added. You know where to find me. :)

parasight

Bii said:

Bag_Lucky_Egg_Sprite.png

My FC is 5027 6772 6313

Ooo. I'd like one as well, please.

FC: 2321 8634 5738

Bii

Nayishiki said:
I'll take one please. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Thanks for the Trapinch! I guess you were reading an earlier post of mine. I'm much appreciative of it. Thanks again!

parasight said:
Ooo. I'd like one as well, please.

FC: 2321 8634 5738

I've added you. I'll be in the waiting room.

Nayishiki

Thanks for the Lucky Egg Bii!

cdyhybrid said:

I don't need anything but I can give you Leftovers and a Life orb. My Fc is 3653 2713 6337.

Edit: looks like I already have you in my pal pad.

cdyhybrid

Nayishiki said:
Thanks for the Lucky Egg Bii!

I don't need anything but I can give you Leftovers and a Life orb. My Fc is 3653 2713 6337.

Edit: looks like I already have you in my pal pad.

Sweet, I'll be online in a sec.

Edit: Thanks!

Gattsu25

Banned
I got this game, by the way.

I played it for around 2 hours and am already turned away by the soul crushing grind and repetition. I think I might sell it =\

Bii

parasight said:
Thanks Bii!

Thanks for the Snorunt. I haven't encountered one of those yet.

I have 13 Lucky Eggs left to give out. I'll be online for the next 10 or so minutes before I eat dinner. And then I'll check back an hour or so from now to see if anyone else still wants one.

Dogenzaka said:
Can I have a Lucky Egg? :D

Of course, what's your FC?
If you didn't catch it earlier, mine is 5027 6772 6313

Blizzard

Banned
Gattsu25 said:

I played it for around 2 hours and am already turned away by the soul crushing grind and repetition. I think I might sell it =\
You seem to have found Pokemon gameplay in your Pokemon game!
clippy_normal.png

Firestorm

Gattsu25 said:

There's 0 grinding required in this game.

Blizzard

Banned
Firestorm said:
There's 0 grinding required in this game.
What if you don't have enough money for repels? I play the game my own way since I don't usually mind endless random battles too much (I only rarely play the game, and I have like 23 hours with 3 badges). But still...it's like a form of torture to add auto-run to the game, but give you random battles every 6-10 steps when you use it. Walk slowly, fight often, or burn repels. The choice is yours! :lol

Top Bottom