• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Gravijah said:
It's in the OU tier! What would you consider not sucking? :lol
I firmly believe that it's only OU because it is:

1) A starter

2) A water-type without that pesky weakness to electricity

3) A starter

4) The evolution of mudkip, the subject of a retarded Internet meme.

5) A starter

Always. Sucked.

Gravijah

viciouskillersquirrel said:

1) A starter

3) A starter

5) A starter

Always. Sucked.

Ugh please don't bring that up, I hate that meme and memes in general. I will not listen to your hatin' on the 'pert, damn it.

Edit: 4000th post. Huh.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

1) A starter

3) A starter

5) A starter

Always. Sucked.
Viciouskillersquirrel
Constantly and relentlessly wrong in discussions about pokemon.

Firestorm

1) A starter

3) A starter

5) A starter

Always. Sucked.
Charizard is NU.
Charizard.

Smogon doesn't give a shit about internet memes or sentimental value really. In fact, if someone posted some bullshit about mudkip on a forum I moderated I'd infract their ass so fast I swear to god.

1) A starter

3) A starter

5) A starter

Getting 1 right out of 5 ain't bad

Swampert was better in the 3rd gen if only because all the stronger moves this gen (Draco Meteor, enhanced Outrage, etc.) have made it tougher for it to wall stuff reliably. The physical/special split hurts it defensively as much as it helps it offensively.

Many things ran gimmicky HP Grass in ADV exclusively to piss off Swampert. Aside from a few Heatran and Jolteon, not much run HP Grass nowadays.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Charizard is NU.
Charizard.

Smogon doesn't give a shit about internet memes or sentimental value really. In fact, if someone posted some bullshit about mudkip on a forum I moderated I'd infract their ass so fast I swear to god.

Which forum would that be Firestorm? :eek:

And Charizard sucks because of Stealth Rock, which my Empoleon knows. :D

What an amusing conversation.

My starter actually just evolved into a Swampert earlier today at level 48. A water pokemon that laughs at electricity? And with earthquake? Its awesomeness.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Gravijah said:
Ugh please don't bring that up, I hate that meme and memes in general. I will not listen to your hatin' on the 'pert, damn it.

Edit: 4000th post. Huh.

of all the memes, Mudkip is probably my favorite. Why? I don't know. Just like mudkips, that's all.

^So you really are the rival! I knew it, using pokemons as tool and when I herd you leik mudkips, you must be Gary Oak!

Anybody have a list with all the Rock Climb spots? Serebii/Bulba aint got one.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
:D

Damn you're everywhere. You're at Smashboards too right?
I haven't visited SmashBoards in a while. I used to hang out in the BC thread but even that has a bunch of people I can't stand now. There are very few Smashers who don't annoy the shit out of me at this point. If SmashBoards had moderation on the level of GAF or Smogon I'd probably go there more often.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
I haven't visited SmashBoards in a while. I used to hang out in the BC thread but even that has a bunch of people I can't stand now. There are very few Smashers who don't annoy the shit out of me at this point. If SmashBoards had moderation on the level of GAF or Smogon I'd probably go there more often.

Don't tell me you're at ScoreHero too. :p That's the other forum I've kinda dabbled in but never got into, along with SB and Smogon. Although I don't think I ever registered an account at Smogon...

Firestorm

Andrex said:
Don't tell me you're at ScoreHero too. :p That's the other forum I've kinda dabbled in but never got into, along with SB and Smogon. Although I don't think I ever registered an account at Smogon...
Nobody I know plays Guitar Hero. They play the superior music series sorry.

Sixfortyfive said:
My mom has stopped purchasing items for me. Is something wrong with her?
She doesn't love you anymore.

Firestorm said:
It went to shit once I left :p

Man this takes me back. SmashBoards were my first ever forum that I got involved with. I remember having the highest post count, being the resident forum prankster, made an F-Zero website together with Gideon, etc. Good times! Left around a year after Melee launched.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Nobody I know plays Guitar Hero. They play the superior music series sorry.

ScoreHero has forums for Rock Band, heck a couple Harmonix employees even post there iirc.

Also if they're not playing GH they're not playing the superior series, kthx.

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:
It went to shit once I left :p

Man this takes me back SmashBoards were my first ever forum that I got involved with. I remember having the highest post count, being the resident forum prankster, made an F-Zero website together with Gideon, etc. Good times! Left around a year after Melee launched.
That means you were a part of the site when I first visited. I used Smash World to figure out what to unlock and stuff in Melee =P I don't even think I knew there were forums unlike now where most people don't know there is (was?) a main site! MLG bought the site but I haven't seen an improvement. At least Smash is back on their Pro Circuit now.

Andrex said:
ScoreHero has forums for Rock Band, heck a couple Harmonix employees even post there iirc.

Also if they're not playing GH they're not playing the superior series, kthx.
To be honest, it's not even just have RB. Although that's definitely the music game of choice with most of my friends, I know a few people who mostly just stick with Beatmania and obscure Japanese rhythm games I've never heard of.

For some reason nobody I know has really stuck with GH since Rock Band came out. Most of them are completely indifferent to Activision so it's not that.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Sixfortyfive said:
My mom has stopped purchasing items for me. Is something wrong with her?

if she's anything like my mom, you have to call her once in a while or she gets passive-aggressive like that.

Gravijah

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Damnit. Razor Claw is only available in the Battle Frontier. I had hoped not to have to go there.

And Razor Fang. >=[

Stupid shit that needs to get fixed: limited evolution inducing items.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
upandaway said:
How the hell did you cap it? Didn't you buy a ton of Premier Balls?
- always use the Amulet Coin once I have it
- fight every trainer
- Pretty much the only things I buy during the quest are repels. I buy healing items as I need them, but since I'm thorough with the Itemfinder I never actually have to stock up on them until the Elite Four.
- I've rebattled each gym leader and most daily trainers.
- I've beaten the Elite Four 15 times now, as it took me a long time before I was adept at manipulating the stats for the respawning legendaries.

So yeah, with that last point in particular, it was inevitable that I'd hit the cap for both cash on hand and cash held by mom. While it is true that I bought a few thousand Pokeballs total for legendary capture, regular Pokeballs are pretty cheap. I also haven't sold any of my Nuggets, Stardusts, etc. I know I still have at least 23 Nuggets just sitting in the bag.

Now I'm just buying stuff I don't need so that the money I earn doesn't disappear. About 100 max potions, 50 revives, 50 full heals, 100 super repels, 20 escape ropes, 50 carbos, etc.

Gravijah said:
Stupid shit that needs to get fixed: limited evolution inducing items.
Yeah that's quite annoying, Magmarizer, Electirizer, Protector and the porygon upgrades are the ones that can only be found once in the game I think.

Jin34

So guys I'm new to the thread here (got HG) and just got Togekiss who has some sweet moves that in Serebi it says it learns from leveling up, but to my understanding the only way for him to learn the moves is with the heart scales/move tutor guy, am I correct in this? And if so where can I get them? I got plenty of evo stones if you guys need any for trades.

If Togekiss learns it by level up, that means through normal leveling it'll learn them. The move tutor helps to learn higher level skills, or re-learn forgotten skills.

And Heart Scales are found from Luvdiscs, the Pickup ability, rock smashes or in the Pokéathlon.

Jin34 said:
So guys I'm new to the thread here (got HG) and just got Togekiss who has some sweet moves that in Serebi it says it learns from leveling up, but to my understanding the only way for him to learn the moves is with the heart scales/move tutor guy, am I correct in this? And if so where can I get them? I got plenty of evo stones if you guys need any for trades.
Heart Scales are quite limited in HGSS. There is a handful spread out on the routes, otherwise there are only 3 methods to get them. 1) Rock Smash certain places(Vermillion City for example) you can get lucky and find a Heart Scale under a rock. 2) Luvdisc Swarm. Luvdisc holds the Scales 5% of the time, bring a Butterfree with Thief and go wild. 3) Pick-up ability. Raise a pokemon with this ability to lvl 91-100 and you'll get heart scales 10% chance after every battle.

Oh yeah pokeathlon too. Today(monday) is luckily the day you can buy a Heart Scale actually.

OMG Aero

Metroid Killer said:
Yeah that's quite annoying, Magmarizer, Electirizer, Protector and the porygon upgrades are the ones that can only be found once in the game I think.
In DPP, wild Magmar and Electabuzz sometimes carry Magmarizer and Electirizers so you can farm them for those and in Platinum you can actually get two Protectors, two dubious discs and three up-grades.

Like TMs though, they really should just let you buy whatever evolution item you want when you have finished the game.

Jin34

Jet Grind Radio! said:
If Togekiss learns it by level up, that means through normal leveling it'll learn them. The move tutor helps to learn higher level skills, or re-learn forgotten skills.

And Heart Scales are found from Luvdiscs, the Pickup ability, rock smashes or in the Pokéathlon.

Yeah it's under the "learns move by leveling up" section of that attack but in Togekiss's pokedex entry it doesn't say what level which I thought meant it learned it as soon as it evolved, but it didn't. I gave him a rare candy to see if he had to level up, but nope, no move learned.

Jin34 said:
Yeah it's under the "learns move by leveling up" section of that attack but in Togekiss's pokedex entry it doesn't say what level which I thought meant it learned it as soon as it evolved, but it didn't. I gave him a rare candy to see if he had to level up, but nope, no move learned.
The Pokédex doesn't have any information about what moves Pokémon learn. What move(s) are you wanting?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Air Slash and Aura Sphere probably, and he was right the first time. Those are obtained via heart scales only.

Delio

Huzzah half of my Regionals team is done. Now anyone have a suggestion for Hail team support? I need a poke that can support Palkia,Mewtwo and Abomasnow. I've been thinking of Metagross but i dont know.

Jin34

Jet Grind Radio! said:
The Pokédex doesn't have any information about what moves Pokémon learn. What move(s) are you wanting?

My bad, I meant the pokedex entry in Serebii aka Togekiss's bio in their site. And yeah Air Slash & Aura Sphere.

Echoes

I'm going to beat "2nd-round Palmer" with Primeape, Starmie, and Garchomp.

Primeape is particularly sweet because, with U-Turn, he can hit and flee while I bring the counter. Starmie is the best though.

There's an item right of the Light House down by the water, every time I see it it pisses me off that I can't get it. Thought you had to use Rock Climb to get it, but that doesn't work. I must have it!!

Firestorm

Delio said:
Huzzah half of my Regionals team is done. Now anyone have a suggestion for Hail team support? I need a poke that can support Palkia,Mewtwo and Abomasnow. I've been thinking of Metagross but i dont know.
You seem to be the only other person in this topic attending one. Which will you be at?

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
There's an item right of the Light House down by the water, every time I see it it pisses me off that I can't get it. Thought you had to use Rock Climb to get it, but that doesn't work. I must have it!!

IT'S MEW

Echoes

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Primeape vs Heatran
Close Combat
Heatran hung on its Focus Sash and kills Primeape
Garchomp uses Swords Dance (I thought this was the perfect moment, he can't OHKO me and I will sweep)
Heatran uses EXPLOSION -____________- critical hit, Garchomp dies
Go Starmie!
Go Cresselia!
Starmie dies of Signal Beam

BS.

Top Bottom