• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
Are there any version exclusive Mega stones this time around? I'm guessing yes, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

backlot

It's not explicitly stated, but Zinnia stops Steven's plan to avoid the meteor by warping it elsewhere, saying that it would cause trouble for some other universe, specifically citing a universe with a Hoenn that's the exact same as their own, but in which the war 3000 years ago never happened so there are no megas, aka original RSE.

Oh good.
Original canon is destroyed by the meteor then. We got megas from here on out.

Ibuki

Banned
UG8m74s.jpg

That's amazing!

DaBoss

the most important pokemon canon update is
the implication that pokemon games with megas and pokemon games without megas are in alternate universes
It's not explicitly stated, but Zinnia stops Steven's plan to avoid the meteor by warping it elsewhere, saying that it would cause trouble for some other universe, specifically citing a universe with a Hoenn that's the exact same as their own, but in which the war 3000 years ago never happened so there are no megas, aka original RSE.
I am dying right now.

A screenshot of the dexnav at a higher level implies it might be a bit more than Abilities and egg moves:
oct_p23_11_en_chp.jpg

Potential=IVs. I guess for nature synchronise lead will have to be used.

That part of the comment wasn't dexnav related, Marshtomp getting rock slide is a change to its level up move list. Most Hounen Pokemon have a few new things added like that. This tends to happen for later games in gens (see also Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG...you get it just in time for fighting Brock).

Man this thing is even more broken than Exp Share. I'm watching Shofu's play through and he got a Lvl 15 Taillow with BoomBurst. Regular tailllows in the area were level 6 with tackle and dumb stuff like that.

Joqu

I wouldn't think of that as much more than a cute little reference tbh

...Huh. That's kind of fun.

denshuu

Heard Mega Rayquaza doesn't need a mega stone. Most broken pokemon ever?

By a long shot. Randoms on Battlespot are all pretty much just going to be determined by whose Mega Ray is faster now. A pokemon with Prankster might be able to paralyze him or put him to sleep , but since he doesn't need a Mega Stone I'm guessing there are going to be Lum Berry MegaRays everywhere.

Caladrius

By a long shot. Randoms on Battlespot are all pretty much just going to be determined by whose Mega Ray is faster now. A pokemon with Prankster might be able to paralyze him or put him to sleep , but since he doesn't need a Mega Stone I'm guessing there are going to be Lum Berry MegaRays everywhere.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

How is it activated?

Ohhh, so this is why we don't get a Battle Frontier in the remakes. Right?
Zinnia has brought punishment to the new world

Kinsei

Banned
So I guess the
timeline is now ORAS -> X/Y, huh? I wonder if this means we'll get another set of gen 1 and gen 2 remakes.

So I guess the
timeline is now ORAS -> X/Y. huh? I wonder if this means we'll get another set of gen 1 and gen 2 remakes.

Well it already went RSE/FRLG --> DPPt/HGSS --> BW --> B2W2 --> XY, so that still fits. I imagine that
any potential return to Kanto wouldn't occur concurrently with ORAS, though.

Wiseblade

OK guys, I need to know. How trumpet-tastic is the soundtrack? My nostalgia demands trumpets!

EDIT: Story spoiler -
The timelne stuff makes it sound like Gen VI starts its own thing. Gens 1/2 basically don't exist, Gens 3-5 are the Meteor Free timeline while Gen 6 is the Meteor timeline.

Macka

You can reset for a good Latias right? She's one of my favorite Pokemon so yeah :p

EDIT: Oh and will Synchronize work? :(
I'd like to know this as well, and if the same is true for Rayquaza.

Oh, and you can use Kalos bred Pokemon in the OR/AS Battlespot, right?

Mega Rayquaza can use Items? Jesus Christ.

denshuu

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

How is it activated?

So I'm not sure, but there are two ways it can happen:

The first is the same as if he was holding a megastone, and you just choose to evolve before you pick the attack (This is what dudes on pokemon boards are saying it is, but I haven't seen it myself yet). What sucks about that is that Kyogre and Groudon are the only ones with weather that can cancel Delta Stream, which removes MegaRay's 4x weakness to ice, and they both evolve as soon as they're brought out. So Rayquaza can just wait until Kyogre is out and then Mega Evolve to cancel Primordial Sea and activate Delta Stream and from there it's GG.

The second way is like Kyogre and Groudon, where he evolves as soon as he enters combat. I don't think this is how it works, because otherwise it'd be impossible to just have a normal Rayquaza. But if it does somehow work like this then that's good, because Kyogre can get rid of Delta Stream and ice beam him. But that's basically the only possible way to beat him without sacrificing half your team.

wmlk

OK guys, I need to know. How trumpet-tastic is the soundtrack? My nostalgia demands trumpets!

The new tracks that didn't have trumpets in the original sound fantastic. This includes stuff like Route 113 and Lilycove City which are just awesome now.

The new tracks that had trumpets in the original sound terrible IMO. Route 119, Magma/Aqua Grunt battle, etc. are ruined now. Especially the Title Theme, it sounds a lot worse.

For me, the OST is really polarizing. Yoko Shimomura's (supposed) track is cool I guess. I don't think it's her though.

The brand new tracks that weren't in RSE at all sound fucking incredible. The few I've heard, anyway.

Rival theme sounds lame now, though.

KiraFA37

So I came in here to see if I should get Omega Ruby now or wait a few months and then I read this.

the most important pokemon canon update is
the implication that pokemon games with megas and pokemon games without megas are in alternate universes

Twhaht? You guys are going to have to draw me a picture... Or I should wait 1 more week till Europe is allowed to buy remakes of the best pokemon games.

Caladrius

So I'm not sure, but there are two ways it can happen:

The first is the same as if he was holding a megastone, and you just choose to evolve before you pick the attack (This is what dudes on pokemon boards are saying it is, but I haven't seen it myself yet). What sucks about that is that Kyogre and Groudon are the only ones with weather that can cancel Delta Stream, which removes MegaRay's 4x weakness to ice, and they both evolve as soon as they're brought out. So Rayquaza can just wait until Kyogre is out and then Mega Evolve to cancel Primordial Sea and activate Delta Stream and from there it's GG.

The second way is like Kyogre and Groudon, where he evolves as soon as he enters combat. I don't think this is how it works, because otherwise it'd be impossible to just have a normal Rayquaza. But if it does somehow work like this then that's good, because Kyogre can get rid of Delta Stream and ice beam him. But that's basically the only possible way to beat him without sacrificing half your team.

I see. Thanks.

Whatever the case, the implications for Ubers are going to be interesting.

Probably a direct form change like the Rotoms or Sky Shaymin so it enters into battle already Mega.

Or maybe it's like Meloetta and involves using Dragon Ascent.

The latter is the only way I can imagine this to be not-terrifying.

So will Rayquaza need a new Smogon tier.

Ubers is already a banlist, so that'd be quite a feat.

Wiseblade

Route 119 Sounds WAY too weak. That track should be blowing my ears right off. Just depressing to hear something that limp. The Gym leader battle theme is a crime too. There's just no punch to anything.

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

Excellent job on the OT, OP! Won't be able to play it day one, unfortunately, but I do plan on playing it by year's end. Shamefully, I never completed Ruby nor Sapphire, so this will be an almost entirely new experience for me. Hope everyone has fun!

SoulUnison

Banned
Is there any way to transfer Hold Items and Mega Stones from my Pokemon Y?

It's bullshit that because I buy my games from the eShop and because I only own a single 3DS, I don't have anyway of transferring all my Items and Stones and EV Training and Breeding tools...

Top Bottom