• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

Galava

Professor Oak has a Rotom, and he's the one who gave Ash a talking pokedex at the start (remember that? Lol) so I imagine he'll play a part

O.O

Oak giving Ash the new dex along with Rotom before going to Alola. Seems about right.

Chase17

So that one XY rotom episode had rotom time travel. So clearly Rotom dex is going to bring the player back to the time of the war and its effects on the Alola region. There's my crazy theory that has no chance of happening (and it not happening is probably for the better).

Also it is great if that is really a dexnav tab seen in one of the trailers. Wasn't sure they would bring it back.

ash_ag

Wouldn't it be awesome if GF took care of the HM problem by having Rotom possess tools and vehicles to help you get around?

No, it wouldn't. They need to increase Pokémon use in the overworld, not decrease it. :p

The solution is simple: make HMs not occupy regular battle moves space. That should have been the case since Gen 2 or 3.

CassSept

>the beast that devours the sun
>weak to fire

I guess the Japanese have a different view of the sun from western cultures

Wouldn't it be awesome if GF took care of the HM problem by having Rotom possess tools and vehicles to help you get around?

Yes. But I can see them increasing the problem. You must carry a Rotom with you at all times in your party and its locked in. Now add the useless HM Pokemon, your left with 1 spot for a Pokemon you actually like and want to use.

There are usually more than one Dex's around though. I wonder if they'll just give other characters a more simple model, rather than introducing a new Rotom every time.

I love that the current Pokedex model in the anime is a Gameboy Advanced

Kyzer

Banned
So that one XY rotom episode had rotom time travel. So clearly Rotom dex is going to bring the player back to the time of the war and its effects on the Alola region. There's my crazy theory that has no chance of happening (and it not happening is probably for the better).

Also it is great if that is really a dexnav tab seen in one of the trailers. Wasn't sure they would bring it back.

Wow thanks for spoiling the postgame zeta episode

Falchion

No, it wouldn't. They need to increase Pokémon use in the overworld, not decrease it. :p

The solution is simple: make HMs not occupy regular battle moves space. That should have been the case since Gen 2 or 3.

Holy shit, that is such an easy and elegant solution that has never even occurred to me before.

Old Pokemon in Sun/Moon so far

Meowth/Persian
Luvdisc
Corsola
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
Rotom
Horsea (a statue of it)/Seadra/Kingdra

Other than Rotom and Meowth, seems to be mostly tropical themed Pokemon.

Slowpoke family ? Has it been confirmed or seen in a screenshot ?

1nFcofC.png

MajorMane

Some quick things to note after looking at the new map:
  • There are four major islands + the artificial one in the middle as the description of the region has said. BUT, there is an island to the top right of the region, barely obscured by clouds. Definitely another island to visit as I don't think it'd be there for show.
  • There are two conveniently placed clouds at the bottom of the screen, probably obscuring more islands. There are no other clouds in the rest of the region (just around it), so it's either late game or post game content.
  • There are boats heading between all of the major islands. Based on that we know the starting island is the top-left and the way the boats are heading, I think the order you visit them will be: Top-left, bottom-left, top-right, bottom-right. All four of these major islands has a dock which you can see, meaning we'll be able to travel by boat to all of these islands throughout the game.
  • The bottom-left island has a smaller island to its south, but this island seemingly can't be reached via boat or even surf if we go by past mechanics. (No dock, rocks blocking off the southern beach of the major island.) Of note, however, the shallow water color extends around this, so more than likely, you'll be able to surf from another part of the island.
  • If you count the four major islands (bottom-left including the smaller landmass to its south), the artificial one, the partially obscured on to the top-right, and assume two more islands under the clouds, you'd come to eight islands, like Hawaii.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
people asked/were curious, here's the sequence (video ver.)

zwlixv.gif

do note that sync actually doesn't need any bangles or such, so this makes me wonder the purpose of the crystal thing

Rotom looks so happy no matter what he turns into. Dude could turn into a toilet and still have a shit eating grin on his face, I wish I was that happy.

if you flush would it do its trademark laugh

Delio

Wait question. Has the Pokedex always shown the evolutions next to their previous forms at the top of the screen like in the Rotomdex trailer? What i mean is this

dNKcgfm.png

Where you have space for the other two evolutions to sit right next to it in full art glory.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Kinda weird that Solgaleo is Psychic/Metal when it would be more fitting to be Fire/Metal. Psychic doesn't have anything to do with the sun.

Village

No both are just common anime tropes

Didn't the pokemon team just work with the guy who makes tekken and the pokemon staff admitted that they like tekken so much they wanted pokken to just be pokemon, but tekken with all fighting types. And it was harada who suggested other wise

All i'm saying is if she introduced in the anime cartweeling the fuck out team rocket I told you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BW male was the best male design. Simple and clean.

BW2 however is the worst. The blazes was that pineapple haircut?

Top Bottom