• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

Strimei

I can entirely believe they'd name it Robinroot so I'm inclined to believe this is real. But that split evo seems to be real to if this really is real and I love that idea but.
Housecat>panther>tiger????

Least they're still all felines (or felidae, I guess?).

I mean, remember, Remoraid and Octillery.

Sandfox

Yeah I'm aware of its lower speed.

Hail? That's the ice version of Sand Storm right?

Hail needs to be buffed to Sandstorm levels(I'm not familiar with Hail as of this post, will go to Serebii after). Maybe add in a additional 20% chance of a non ice type Pokémon being frozen during a Hail storm. Ice types gets a increase to one of their defenses and a % damage increase for ice type attacks.

Give Sandslash a HA that he/she takes 50% less damage from all attacks during a Hail storm.

The meta game is mostly build on who could get their attacks/moves off first. Maybe or atleast I'm hoping that GameFreak could slow ot down alittle.

Freeze is too good for that to happen.

Also, there's more to it than getting your attack of first.

I'm not sure how to confirm whether or not this post was by the OP, butIf the leaked art of Litten is true, which we have reason to believe it is, how could fighting NOT be an option? Any other typing would contrast the design, especially Ghost and Poison.
Some people see Litten's evo as
a dirty wrestler and Dark type is called Evil type in Japan, which is why the type has moves like Sucker Punch.

It only has 3 weaknesses.

Fire X4
Fighting X4
Ground X2

If the stats are there, if it has one of those HA that lessens the damage of super effective or a better HA, good move pool, and the ability to hold a item would make Sandslash a legit option for a competitive team. That's alot of "if's"

:-(

Steel typing helped with with its Rock weakness. I do agree with Ice typing needing a buff this gen.

The issue is how useful those types are offensively to begin with. Because steel was always the key offensive type, those three got boosted on top of having pretty powerful moves (Fire Blast, Earthquake, all the fighting type moves)

Yeah I'm aware of its lower speed.

Hail? That's the ice version of Sand Storm right?

Hail needs to be buffed to Sandstorm levels(I'm not familiar with Hail as of this post, will go to Serebii after). Maybe add in a additional 20% chance of a non ice type Pokémon being frozen during a Hail storm. Ice types gets a increase to one of their defenses and a % damage increase for ice type attacks.

Give Sandslash a HA that he/she takes 50% less damage from all attacks during a Hail storm.

The meta game is mostly build on who could get their attacks/moves off first. Maybe or atleast I'm hoping that GameFreak could slow ot down alittle.

Hail gives 100% accurate Blizzards, and a fe othr abilities get boosts. Compared to sand though, Hail doesn't give any equivalent types stats boosts and iirc they have nothing equivalent to Sand Rush. Also, only ice types get immunity

Or just give Blizzard back its 30% freeze chance lol XD /s

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can't ice potentially really mess up metal?

Also Dex leak whereeee
Edit:nvm
I can entirely believe they'd name it Robinroot so I'm inclined to believe this is real. But that split evo seems to be real to if this really is real and I love that idea but.
Housecat>panther>tiger????

litten is a tiger from the beginning

Wouldn't the Alola forms be part of the Pokedex? I don't see then in there.

forms don't really count as separate entries

Strimei

Wouldn't the Alola forms be part of the Pokedex? I don't see then in there.

I don't believe so, they take up the same location as their non-Alolan versions, and this list would be from the national dex (or whatever the term is, can't remember) which lists everyone in order, as opposed to the Alolan dex which lists only those located in Alola.

litten is a tiger from the beginning

forms don't really count as separate entries

I don't believe so, they take up the same location as their non-Alolan versions, and this list would be from the national dex (or whatever the term is, can't remember) which lists everyone in order, as opposed to the Alolan dex which lists only those located in Alola.

Yeah, brain fart. I was thinking regional Dex and not National despite the leak clearly being a National Dex leak.

Edit: There's alot of fun typings in there.

All the typing speculation reminds me of when people were hoping for a Ghost/Steel with Intimidate or Levitate.
We sorta got a Ghost/Steel, although it wasnt so much the Dragon killer of gen 6

If this leak is legit...then there's a LOT of interesting typings and interesting Pokemon here.

Seems too good to be true, though just based on a lot of the typings.
A Grass/Fire Pokemon?! Poison/Fairy? A non-legendary Steel/Dragon? Seems too good to be true.

Dragon/Steel sounds pretty good defensively, although resistances are generally more important, so all the cancelled weaknesses aren't too good.

Poison/Fairy only neutralizes poison weakness on either side, and STAB is walled to hell by poison/steel. Pretty interesting though, especially because most Firghting types don't have ready access to good Psychic or Steel moves, and iirc, Ground/Fighting is pretty redundant in terms of coverage

Overall though, I don't see many final evo Normal/Flying, Grass/Poison, Bug/Poison, etc. Which makes me really happy, if this is true

EDIT: Actually, typings are too good.

FAKE

Neiteio

#742 has an 11-character name. That makes me inclined to think this is fake, unless they've removed the 10-character limit on names.

The "various" typing for the final forms of the starters seems to go along with the "multiple evolutions" rumor I don't exactly buy at this point.

EDIT: These are really, really good names, though. Might be legit. Might not.

Delio

IF that list was real and that's a big if. I like the various Multiple typed Pokemon they have in the dex. They would truely be making the islands very much the Galápagos Islands of the Pokemon World. ( Not that they arent turning out that way)

#742 has an 11-character name. That makes me inclined to think this is fake, unless they're removed the 10-character limit on names.

The "various" typing for the final forms of the starters seems to go along with the "multiple evolutions" rumor I don't exactly buy at this point.

EDIT: These are really, really good names, though. Might be legit. Might not.

Fletchinder destroyed that limit iirc

I have 0 belief we go that many pokemon without a Normal/Flying, Bug/Poison, Grass/Poison, insert generic typing combination

Neiteio

I'm positive it's fake, but I called the previous rumors fake among other things as well so I'm done speaking in absolutes on this game.
Well, we'll very likely get new Pokemon later this week (Aug. 12 reveal), so that should help us determine whether this list is fake.

My goodness, though, I -really- want a Dark/Electric Space Godzilla pseudo-legendary line.

Well, we'll very likely get new Pokemon later this week (Aug. 12 reveal), so that should help us determine whether this list is fake.

My goodness, though, I -really- want a Dark/Electric Space Godzilla pseudo-legendary line.

I still can't believe Luxray wasn't half dark, smh Gamefreak.

Macka

Of course it's fake. We get lists like this all the time.
You said the starter final evolution images were definitely fake too. :p

We've already had a fair bit of information be leaked so far, so being this absolute on the list seems silly.

JoeM86

please tell me you still think the evos are fake.

giphy.gif

Neiteio

Let's just take a wait-and-see approach. Since the "leaker" provided a full dex, the lineup will be proven true or false as soon as a new Pokemon is revealed.

Speaking of which, how many (if any) new Pokemon do you think will be revealed Aug. 12?

Delio

Let's just take a wait-and-see approach. Since the "leaker" provided a full dex, the lineup will be proven true or false as soon as a new Pokemon is revealed.

Speaking of which, how many (if any) new Pokemon do you think will be revealed Aug. 12?

So we are getting another video on the 12th? Is it to go along with the CoroCoro Southern Isles thing?

Boss Doggie

So we are getting another video on the 12th? Is it to go along with the CoroCoro Southern Isles thing?

the videos I feel like are their own thing. even when they introduce something from coro coro they tend to give new stuff anyway

Neiteio

Are we expecting both a video -and- a CoroCoro reveal this week?

Honest question. I'm not sure what's been announced for this week.

Delio

the videos I feel like are their own thing. even when they introduce something from coro coro they tend to give new stuff anyway

Ah right like the Rockruff and Komala reveals. K so that gets me excited if we are getting that much news in the next few days.

Boss Doggie

AAND, Shigeki Morimoto is at Gamescom on the 18th and there's said to be a "surprise" there

I wonder if it's a battle mechanic surprise.

Ah right like the Rockruff and Komala reveals. K so that gets me excited if we are getting that much news in the next few days.

and most of the time when they coincide, the video won't have coro coro stuff and usually they reveal their international names on the next video

Sandfox

Mega Slowbro was clearly intended somewhat as a counter to that, but that obviously didn't happen

Pokkén was in 2015

It's all about competitive for Worlds reveals

I'm expecting an Alola form for obvious reasons.

Though they could announce something crazy next week that could be related to the Worlds reveal lol.

Forkball

Mega Kangaskhan being revealed at Worlds is hilarious in retrospect.

Mega Talonflame will be announced this year.

That /vp/ list is obviously fake, and will quickly be disproven in a few days. I'm really liking the announcement format they've taken this time around. With XY, we just got random Pokebombs of varying quality. But now we get clear trailers that show the new features in detail, along with more information shared on the website, while still teasing things to look out for in the future.

Also I really hope Miiverse allows us to upload screenshots this time around. I'm not sure why it was prohibited last time except for perhaps the game would catch fire.

Neiteio

If they're going to reveal different Pokémon in CoroCoro, I hope they're Alolan forms so we don't have to wait to find out the names (since the name will just be Alolan + ____).

Mega Talonflame will be announced this year.
My Carbink looks forward to destroying it

I know that everyone has already pretty much come to the conclusion that that list is fake but you can easily prove that it is anyway. Ever since Gen V(?) the Pokedex has gone in order of where you find them in the game. We already know that the second island is Akala, the pink island, so the Psychic Tapu should have been before the Fire one in the Dex. Then on top of that, there is stuff like Bewear, which is never going to be that early in the Dex, and stuff like Lurantis, which we already know is found in the Lush Jungle on Akala Island being way to late in the dex. So basically, that list is fake as fuck.

Top Bottom