• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Arynio

Availability, I'd assume. Toed requires King's Rock (effort) and outside knowledge of how the Poli evo line works, Wingull/Pelliper are EVERYWHERE.

This answer is so naive it made me "awwww". That's not how it works for the competitive scene... at all!

Roost, ground immunity, slow U-turn, 100% accurate STAB Hurricane and even higher defense despite less bulk overall are the main reasons.

I only get one BP for each victory in the tree?

Its going to take forever to evolve my Porygon and other Pokemon I need special stuff for to buy them from the BT store. At least I can use stronger teams via QR codes.

Genesect20 is the NA code. Genesect2016 for Europe. XY/ORAS only.

Whats the occasion?

Lukemon

This answer is so naive it made me "awwww". That's not how it works for the competitive scene... at all!

Roost, ground immunity, slow U-turn, 100% accurate STAB Hurricane and even higher defense despite less bulk overall are the main reasons.

Haha, those are all valid reasons too, obviously. But convenience will also play a part. If some kid wants a Drizzler for a rain team to use online, are they gonna jump through hoops to get a HA Politoed or just go catch a Pelliper? Not everyone who plays online is part of the serious competitive scene.

Regiruler

I only get one BP for each victory in the tree?

Its going to take forever to evolve my Porygon and other Pokemon I need special stuff for to buy them from the BT store. At least I can use stronger teams via QR codes.

You get more BP per win for every 10 wins.

Also, didn't it use to be 1 BP per 7 wins? We're so damn spoiled.

Demoli

Lmao got a shiny from Auslove when wondertrading away my breedject. Will probably grab it's item and just release it.

On the other hand I got a pretty good weedle for when beedrillnite comes out, and a pretty good charmander.

Lmao got a shiny from Auslove when wondertrading away my breedject. Will probably grab it's item and just release it.
He's still going? Thought homebrew being easier would have killed his stream, weird. I used to sit in the chat and wait for the countdown to happen, got a bunch of stuff from people trying to get his attention (Egg Move breedjects for days).

I was home sick yesterday and tried to Masuda/Shiny Charm myself a Staryu. I have been doing this for weeks, but yesterday, I was determined not to stop until it happened.

I played Pokemon for nine straight hours and didn't get one. :(

This sucks to much. Complaining on GAF is supposed to help, but my luck isn't improving.

SuperOrez

Has anyone here set up their own local community for tourneys and such. I kinda want to set up a league but just want to hear what others have done. One of my ideas is setting up kinda like fantasy football where everyone plays someone else once a week and at the end of the season theres a tournament.

CrimsonN0

Use a bottlecap.
Yeah, but its a pain just leveling up to 50.
I think the highest leveled pokemon I have are around 80 and those are the ones I caught at the start of the game, used to beat the Elite 4, and continued using to catch pokemon and level bred pokemon.

Yeah, but its a pain just leveling up to 50.
I think the highest leveled pokemon I have are around 80 and those are the ones I caught at the start of the game, used to beat the Elite 4, and continued using to catch pokemon and level bred pokemon.
Leveling up to 50 is rather easy imo.
Going to 100 however is a pain in the ass

Strange, in all of my life of Pokemon breeding, I've never gotten a shiny from it.

Until yesterday, when I got a Shiny Aron, and now today, a shiny Rhyhorn.

I don't even have the shiny charm yet.

I still haven't bred a shiny. Especially now how easy it is to raise the chances compared to how it was in gen 3. 160 hours in, I surely should have found one somehow by now.

Is this a permanent deal, or does the offer go away eventually?

Is there anything else going on that's a limited-time availability or that you can only get from an upcoming event?

Beedrill and Mawile Mega Stones are offered as a prize for entering the upcoming Battle Competition

Regiruler

Considering taking off poison fang for heal block on my battle tree silvally. Stopping rest and not being useless against steelix is a pretty big motivator...

Despite an elaborate setup, I managed to catch a Politoed from SOS chaining. And on GTS, I'm halfway to getting a Magikarp from every region.

So I'm trying to get/maintain a living HA (Hidden Ability) dex. I have all available HAs up to Gen VI (and thus I can breed HA Alolan Forms, I tested with a Standard-form HA Meowth + Ditto and got an Alolan Meowth with HA).

That means I'm looking for legit HA Alolan (not including Alolan forms) Pokemon and I can trade any HA breedable previous Gen or Alolan Form Pokemon in return. If you're potentially interested in this drop me a PM.

For the love of god why won't my Golbat evolve. No other Pokemon that requires max happiness has had this issue. C'mon :(

Is it a Bank Pokemon ? Happiness Pokemon transferred through bank are bugged and need to be traded and traded back to happiness evolve (or at least they were last I checked).

So ever since the ratings battle reset I've been winning one battle and then losing the next. Due to Pokebank I've got a ton of teams that I'm mix and matching to try to find what works consistently. These weather teams, these Tapu terrain teams and even my trick room teams just struggle to win more than 50% of the time.

Although my full fledged trick room team seems to do best last night I caved and went with a team based on the top 15 or so pokemon for doubles. And it does okay as well, but using Garchomp, insert Tapu here, and Porygon 2 just feels so unoriginal.

Does anyone have any success with a weirder strategy or is this just what I'll have to do if I want to beat the more mainstream teams?

Top Bottom