• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

ciD_Vain

Second round of ditto are going out 8pm EST. Same deal as last time, quote to see details.

I also have some (legit, untouched, hatched myself on a separate cart from my hackmon) 5-6IV Jolly Riolu w/ Bullet Punch in Love Balls if anybody wants one.
I'd love a Riolu! Do I follow the same instructions?

Busaiku

Well, finally got my Battle of Alola team down.
I think this is the first time I entered a competition since the Endeavor Pikachu.

Hackworth

Second round of ditto are going out 8pm EST. Same deal as last time, quote to see details.

I also have some (legit, untouched, hatched myself on a separate cart from my hackmon) 5-6IV Jolly Riolu w/ Bullet Punch in Love Balls if anybody wants one.
Shit I missed this by like 10min lmao
Still putting up a pokemon tho

Articalys

Well, finally got my Battle of Alola team down.
I think this is the first time I entered a competition since the Endeavor Pikachu.
I registered for that online, but only because I want the participation reward of 50 BP. All I need to do is play three matches, no matter how much I suck, right?

The Lamp

I would love a Riolu. Pls

Crayolan

Finally got a Tapu Lele with Mild Nature. Doesn't have max speed IVs but it's level 100 so I can bottle cap it easily if I need to.

Chained my way to fitness and snagged a shiny Riolu just now. 3 shinies in 1 day! Could go for 4, but I'm getting kinda sleepy.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I went into Battle tree and met Blue and Red, when Blue said it was nice to meet another champion I was like "Wait you aren't a champion before remembering that technically he was champion of a short while.

Anyway I decided to fight him and man he was tough but manage to win, so I decided to take on the Battle tree...I lost on the first battle. :|

Also where are TM for Surf and Waterfall? I can't find the swimmers on Poni Breaker Coast and I can't seem to be able to surf on the water.

Lusamine of the Aether Foundation
might be my favourite antagonist of the series. Great look, motivation and they're sharp tongued in a way that really appeals to me. Then there's that room and they have a killer battle theme. Yeah, none of the other villainous bosses compare.

Cyrus is still my favourite but
Lusamine is my favourite female villain, which is moot since she's the first female villain that the series had but she
is my second favourite and I had been wanting a
female
villain to appear in the series as I felt it was the next step and Game Freak did not disappoint.

Also miles better than Lysandre and less of an idiot as well.

lmao. I think you hate megas a little too much.

Ha ha it does seem like that but the truth was I was just clearing up my bag as it was getting cluttered in there, so I was selling off X items, herbal items and sellable items.

I would have wondertraded the mega stone away but I don't think that you can.

Last egg for the day (before sleeping) and...boom
c82f455568.jpg

how do i sleep now ;-;

You know in thinking about it Absol being a beast ball actually suits it.

Sciel

Oh come on. You got two shinies in the same time it took me to do the one. Not only that but it is adamant and justified. God damnit.

I'm on box 10 of absols :(
You'll get there! I took about nearly ~300 Absols or so too.

You know in thinking about it Absol being a beast ball actually suits it.
Haha, it would have been in an Apricot Ball actually.....just that i ran out of em ;-;.

Hey, am I locked out of using my Pokemon for single-player if I register them on a Battle Team for this Battle of Alola competition?

Where do I find
Cosmog & the third legendary?

I think I'm just missing those two and to actually take on the battle tree and I think I'm done with the post game stuff.

Just to make sure post game is

Looker/Ultra Beast quest
Pick up Type Null
Face Red/Blue
Third Legendary
Cosmog

Am I missing anything?

Crayolan

Where do I find
Cosmog & the third legendary?

I think I'm just missing those two and to actually take on the battle tree and I think I'm done with the post game stuff.

Just to make sure post game is

Looker/Ultra Beast quest
Pick up Type Null
Face Red/Blue
Third Legendary
Cosmog

Am I missing anything?

Bring Nebby to the place where you caught it during daytime (sun)/nighttime (moon) to go to another world. Then go the Lake of the Sunne/Moone while in the other world to get Cosmog.

Third legendary is at Ten Carat Hill

There's also a bunch of small stuff scattered around the region:
Go to the house on Route 2 to rematch Guzma
Kukui has a reward for you becoming champion in his lab.
Go to where you met Colress originally to meet him again.
Go to Gamefreak HQ to fight Morimoto.
Go to Aether Paradise to rematch Faba
Also in Aether Paradise basement are some legendary items like the Soul Dew
Go to the Aether House where Acerola hangs out to get a Porygon.
Go to Po Town Pokemon Center to get a Skull Tank
Some random guy in the Seafolk Village pokemon center will battle you with a shiny now.
E4 rematch(es).

Gvitor

Is there any way to know if a pokémon is hacked before we get Bank? I just got a shiny Type:Null for a Rowlet on GTS, I really doubt it's legit, but nothing on it gives it away.

ionitron

When you're done being a condescending elitist, maybe you can explain to me where in the game it tells me what SOS is or what setting up Trubbish with recycle for switching a leppa berry means or what an Entrainment user is.

SOS is the call-for-help mechanic! The other things I was ranting out in my original post aren't very necessary to know, they're just methods that I've been using for catching specific pokemon.

By setting up chains of call-for-help, you can chain pokemon for higher IVs (only useful for competitive) and also hidden abilities, which are pretty neat sometimes. Entrainment allows you to switch abilities with your opponent/wild pokemon, so I was using it to see when I finally got a pokemon in the chain with a hidden ability.

Some of the replies to your post have emphasized competitive play. I'm not much of a competitive player, but the pokemon I was trying to get would have helped a lot for catching specific pokemon I was looking for in game. As other people have pointed out, it may be overwhelming information, I think that there's pretty much a counter-ability/move to fit any purpose, you just need to look for it on bulbapedia.

A lot of the people here have to go through some similar processes as what I listed (such as the Jangmo-o SOS'ing) in order to get some specific items that you need to evolve other pokemon, so it's become rather familiar at this point, I couldn't imagine not knowing anything, but it's not as complicated as it seems when you really delve into it. In order to get the item to evolve Sneasel into Weavile, you need to set up SOS/Call-for-help chains of Jangmo-o's line to have a 5% chance of stealing it from them. You can mitigate the 5% chance by having a pokemon with the ability compound eyes, and that brings the item appearance rate up to 20%, and steal the item by using theif (move that steals items that the pokemon is holding, only when the user doesn't have an item). You can see that there are specific pokemon that fit that niche, as Buttefree has both compoundeyes and access to thief.

There's a lot of stuff, yeah, sorry I didn't go into more detail earlier =)

Bring Nebby to the place where you caught it during daytime (sun)/nighttime (moon) to go to another world. Then go the Lake of the Sunne/Moone while in the other world to get Cosmog.

Third legendary is at Ten Carat Hill

There's also a bunch of small stuff scattered around the region:
Go to the house on Route 2 to rematch Guzma
Kukui has a reward for you becoming champion in his lab.
Go to where you met Colress originally to meet him again.
Go to Gamefreak HQ to fight Morimoto.
Go to Aether Paradise to rematch Faba
Also in Aether Paradise basement are some legendary items like the Soul Dew
Go to the Aether House where Acerola hangs out to get a Porygon.
Go to Po Town Pokemon Center to get a Skull Tank
Some random guy in the Seafolk Village pokemon center will battle you with a shiny now.
E4 rematch(es).

Thanks for this. I only did a third of the stuff listed.

Other question.

When you use the judge feature on the PC what word corresponds with a Perfect IV?

Not

Banned
Still haven't traded all my trade-to-evolve Pokémon or gotten the Moon exclusives like Drampa. Might before the month's out. Still can't find another Dusk Stone to evolve my Misdreavus (the Malie City flea market only gave me a Shiny Stone. What's up with that?)

But as for every thing else, I think I'm done. No other Pokémon game has given me 80 hours. I don't feel bad in calling this my favorite game besides Blue and FireRed. They just fixed so much, and I loved this gen.

Performed a lot better in the online competition than I thought I would so far since I kinda threw up a team last minute

Hey, am I locked out of using my Pokemon for single-player if I register them on a Battle Team for this Battle of Alola competition?
Yeah, they remain in the PC until it ends

Lucario

Is there any way to know if a pokémon is hacked before we get Bank? I just got a shiny Type:Null for a Rowlet on GTS, I really doubt it's legit, but nothing on it gives it away.

Assume all GTS/Wondertrade shinies are hacked or cloned tbh. It takes almost no effort to back up saves.

I would love a Riolu. Pls

Do instructions in post & request level 1-10 riolu (or PM me with friend code but that might take longer)

ionitron

Really debating if getting a Specific Nature + IVs in the correct spot for the Tapus are worth it. I would have liked to believe that I would use them in the battle tree, but catching them is a pain and it's just way too much time for something I likely just won't use. =/

I'll just do natures.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Really debating if getting a Specific Nature + IVs in the correct spot for the kokos are worth it. I would have liked to believe that I would use them in the battle tree, but catching them is a pain and it's just way too much time for something I likely just won't use. =/

I'll just do natures.
Tapus are awesome because your opponents in the Tree can't use them; totes worth.

Regiruler

when you forget the ability of some BS queenly majesty thing fdwafewagaw and you waste a turn with first impression

I was hoping that this format would be much faster, gyro ball isn't hitting very hard :

I think I've spent the last twelve hours of my playtime hatching Rockruffs, and still no shiny. An entire box of 5IV ones that are now all EV trained just from sitting in Pokepelago, but that blue doggie still eludes me.

Top Bottom