• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Regiruler

This is a weird thing to complain about but dewpider hatching so quickly messes up my rhythm. I normally go until I have 18 eggs then stick them in the hot spring, all the while going for maximum efficiency possible by having a flame body, but I end up with hatched spiders that I swap for unhatched eggs.

casiopao

Anyone have Sassy Sandygast and Impish Dhelmise without HA? I am looking for one but with no avail.T_T I can trade some Egg Move pokemon here.^^

Clefargle

So I guess if I want a power construct Zygarde with iron tail, I have to get one with the nature I want in XY, Tutor it, wait until the bank opens, grab 50% more Zygarde cells, create a power construct one, then use the zygarde cube to teach it moves and change its form?

Whew.

casiopao

So I guess if I want a power construct Zygarde with iron tail, I have to get one with the nature I want in XY, Tutor it, wait until the bank opens, grab 50% more Zygarde cells, create a power construct one, then use the zygarde cube to teach it moves and change its form?

Whew.

Thats one hell of a job to do lol.^^

How quickly does the hot spring hatch eggs? I'm so not used to using it, so I'm not sure how to maximize the efficiency.

People told me to get my Pokémon to level 100 by putting them in Evelup, but they only gained one level in 24 hours.

Regiruler

How quickly does the hot spring hatch eggs? I'm so not used to using it, so I'm not sure how to maximize the efficiency.

People told me to get my Pokémon to level 100 by putting them in Evelup, but they only gained one level in 24 hours.

To get to 100 you're best off by combining it with rare kitchen.

Is there a good website or place that I could use to compare four of the same Pokèmon? I captured four Pheromosa and I want to use one on my team but I don't know which is the most overall rounded one.

RE: PokéBank

When the update drops, you will not miss it. There will be a thread on GAF. The Gen VII trading thread will explode. This thread will explode. Hundreds of Youtube videos will be made. Every Pokémon website will announce it in bright neon colours. Joe will post on Twitter "Maybe people will finally stop nagging me about it".

There is no need to ask, you will be made painfully aware.

Lol.. I'm bound to notice one of those things. Ever since January 12th I've been consumed with Switch news and info. Pokémon has dropped off my radar completely to the point I only think of it when I randomly see this thread on the first page.

Demoli

I don't get why people ask to remove IVs, and get even less people asking to remove EV's.

They are essential for build variety and offer much more strategy options than something like Z-moves or something.

Honestly, only thing I want from future gen improvement is allow ability capsules to change to hidden ability (maybe only if a parent had HA or something).

Best Quality of life change this gen was Heart Scales being so common and the Move Relearner teaching future moves.

And Move Tutors on the first game of the generation PLEASE

Buy the 7 at level 79, the 9 at 89 then use 2 rare candies.

Actually, I have a better way of going about it. It requires two Rare Kitchens, however.

Buy the two Rare Dinners (+7) at level 66. This will put your Pokemon at 80, so then buy the two Rare Buffets (+9) to put your Pokemon at level 98, then Rare Candy the last two levels.

If you have patience, you can start this as early as level 52. Just buy two Rare Dinners to bring the Pokemon up to level 66, then wait until the next day to do the rest. I find it easy enough to level Pokemon to 52 without it getting too tedious, but past that threshold it just becomes a chore.

LordRaptor

I don't get why people ask to remove IVs, and get even less people asking to remove EV's.

EV training is sort of annoying, even if the end result is good.
I'd be fine if they removed the vitamins cap. It'd give me something to spend my countless post-game pokedollars on.

Tan

Is there no way to check your own info (the way you can others' in the plaza)? I wanted to know how many eggs I've hatched..

Demoli

Is there no way to check your own info (the way you can others' in the plaza)? I wanted to know how many eggs I've hatched..

Not that i know of. I know it's a bummer, but sometimes when you compare records with other people with red speech bubbles you can compete on eggs hatched. I'm at around 2.6k myself.

Egg hatching global mission when?

asagami_

Banned
Fuck removing EVs and IVs, I rather Gamefreak remove baby Pokemon. Such a pain if you want to breed a perfect Pokemon.

The EV training is so easy in the Poké Pelago. I was having fun with Super Training (and I hope returns), but the Poké Pelago place is the best way to train.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm about to toss my 3DS out the window. Just got to 48 Battle Tree wins and lost to some fucking Bright Powder BULLSHIT. FIVE STRAIGHT MISSES WITH A 100 ACCURACY MOVE.

FIVE

Crayolan

I'm about to toss my 3DS out the window. Just got to 48 Battle Tree wins and lost to some fucking Bright Powder BULLSHIT. FIVE STRAIGHT MISSES WITH A 100 ACCURACY MOVE.

FIVE

tumblr_noac62bUQa1szltsto1_500.gif

FIVE
Wow, that's some grade "A" bullshit right there. That's the kind of stuff that makes you not want to play the game, especially since you were almost there.

What was your team?

Gurrry

So im still just slowly going through Sun right now. But i have to say, i absolutely hate the calling for help mechanic.

If I am in the pokemon world, and i get ambushed by 2 pokemon, i wouldnt just sit there and fight a wild pokemon at a disadvantage.. id bust out another pokeball and fight the wild poke 2v2. But for some reason, you cant do that. Is there some sort of trainer code of ethics that says you cant fight with more than 1 unless its a trainer battle?

Also, The fact that its such a random mechanic and you cant catch a pokemon unless their helper is dead is also ridiculous. What is stopping the pokemon from being caught? Is the other pokemon opening the pokeball and ripping him from my clutches?

It doesnt make sense on any level.

Also the fact that pokemon still cant learn more than 4 moves is really lame. Its 2017. I think we can handle having more options.

Other than that, its a good game and i like the changes that have been made.

They are essential for build variety and offer much more strategy options than something like Z-moves or something.

Honestly, only thing I want from future gen improvement is allow ability capsules to change to hidden ability (maybe only if a parent had HA or something).

Best Quality of life change this gen was Heart Scales being so common and the Move Relearner teaching future moves.

And Move Tutors on the first game of the generation PLEASE

I understand removal of IVs but not EVs. IVs are kind of pointless when you think about it. Except for hidden power I guess. It's like using an m16 in cod. Yours does 2 damage per bullet but the other guy does 3 because his gun has a better rng roll. Anyone going in with imperfect IVs is just handicapping themselves.

So im still just slowly going through Sun right now. But i have to say, i absolutely hate the calling for help mechanic.

If I am in the pokemon world, and i get ambushed by 2 pokemon, i wouldnt just sit there and fight a wild pokemon at a disadvantage.. id bust out another pokeball and fight the wild poke 2v2. But for some reason, you cant do that. Is there some sort of trainer code of ethics that says you cant fight with more than 1 unless its a trainer battle?

Also, The fact that its such a random mechanic and you cant catch a pokemon unless their helper is dead is also ridiculous. What is stopping the pokemon from being caught? Is the other pokemon opening the pokeball and ripping him from my clutches?

It doesnt make sense on any level.

Also the fact that pokemon still cant learn more than 4 moves is really lame. Its 2017. I think we can handle having more options.

No way. Give pokemon too many options and they become uncontrollable

Koren

Is there some sort of trainer code of ethics that says you cant fight with more than 1 unless its a trainer battle?
The same rule that says you can't do 2 vs 1 or 6 vs 1 yourself when facing a hard opponent such as a legendary.

It's called the "Grendizer rule". Send Vegan beasts one by one, it's the best strategy to invade Earth.

I enjoy SOS, although I can understand why people don't, but if you're looking for logic in Pokémon, I'd say you're doing it wrong ^_^

It's not a matter of limitation, it's that if a pokémon has more coverage, the whole concept is probably broken. Just going from 4 to 5 would probably change a huge amount of things.

Coming from other RPGs, it feels strange (I'll probably never completely get used to this), but it makes sense from a gameplay point of view.

4 moves is pretty damn important in competitive. If Pokémon could have more, it would change the entire meta. Some Pokémon would be absolutely broken. I would love to see an ability that allows a Pokémon to have a 5th move though. Or something that allows for a 5th move and is balanced.

Koren

I understand removal of IVs but not EVs. IVs are kind of pointless when you think about it. Except for hidden power I guess. It's like using an m16 in cod. Yours does 2 damage per bullet but the other guy does 3 because his gun has a better rng roll. Anyone going in with imperfect IVs is just handicapping themselves.
I'd rather remove EVs than IVs (though I'd remove none). That would make breeding meaningless, and I think it's a part of the game.

It's not as if getting 5 perfect IVs is long or hard... and competitive battling is probably a tiny number of people with respect to all people playing the game.

I'd rather remove EVs than IVs (though I'd remove none). That would make breeding meaningless, and I think it's a part of the game.

It's not as if getting 5 perfect IVs is long or hard... and competitive battling is probably a tiny number of people with respect to all people playing the game.

Breeding still matters for nature, ability, maybe gender for people who care. As it stands, it's just kind of a waste of time. I enjoyed breeding in XY because it was new to me. But in ORAS and now SM is boring and repetitive. I just want to battle.

Koren

Breeding still matters for nature, ability
Well, that's what I said: totally meaningless. Having a set of dittos with everstone and using RNG to see if you pass down ability isn't my idea of an interesting mechanic. You could maybe have said chain breeding for moves, but that would still be limited.

As it stands, it's just kind of a waste of time. I enjoyed breeding in XY because it was new to me. But in ORAS and now SM is boring and repetitive. I just want to battle.
Well, I find battle boring, I just want to breed ;) To each its own... I don't think the game is just an interface to battling. Some people want a Showdown-like game, which is fine by me, but I disagree on the idea that the developpers should embrace this idea.

I mean, the fact that you can only catch a single time legendaries (and those are found in pretty much all competitive teams if you're not setting additional rules) is probably even worse than some time wasted in breeding...

Would this be a good thread for help comparing Pokèmon?

I captured the 4 Pheromosa from Pokèmon Moon and I want to use one of them but I have next to zero knowledge about IVs and EVs and all that.

Koren

I captured the 4 Pheromosa from Pokèmon Moon and I want to use one of them but I have next to zero knowledge about IVs and EVs and all that.
Well, the most important thing is nature...

Then, if you want to check IVs, you need to get the rater near the battle tree. It's only a matter of checking a diagram on the PC. You want higher IVs in the stats you value more in battle.

Well, the most important thing is nature...

Then, if you want to check IVs, you need to get the rater near the battle tree. It's only a matter of checking a diagram on the PC. You want higher IVs in the stats you value more in battle.
Sorry I forgot to include nature in there! Hmm, one is Naughty, one is Naive, one is Adament and one is Impish.

So the rater can help out with this??? I finished the game but haven't progressed after the Ultra Beast mission due to my problem with Pheromosa.

Wiseblade

Sorry I forgot to include nature in there! Hmm, one is Naughty, one is Naive, one is Adament and one is Impish.

So the rater can help out with this??? I finished the game but haven't progressed after the Ultra Beast mission due to my problem with Pheromosa.
The Adamant one is very much usable. Just give it 63 Pelago sessions in Attack & Speed, get it to level 100 and pump it full of Bottlecaps.

The Adamant one is very much usable. Just give it 63 Pelago sessions in Attack & Speed, get it to level 100 and pump it full of Bottlecaps.
Thanks! I'll go with the Adamant one then.

I barely know anything about Poke Pelago so I'll start using it more. As for Bottlecaps, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but I remember finding one so I'll research that too. Thanks again!

I'm finally at the Elite 4. And while the 4 are rather tough, that last battle though! I've already lost twice. He just always has a counter for everything I've got.

Wiseblade

Thanks! I'll go with the Adamant one then.

I barely know anything about Poke Pelago so I'll start using it more. As for Bottlecaps, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about but I remember finding one so I'll research that too. Thanks again!
If your Isle Evelup has been fully upgraded, you can use it to EV train without having to learn any of the hidden mechanics behind the game. 63 sessions will maximise Pheromosa's already sky-high Attack and Speed.

Gurrry

4 moves is pretty damn important in competitive. If Pokémon could have more, it would change the entire meta. Some Pokémon would be absolutely broken. I would love to see an ability that allows a Pokémon to have a 5th move though. Or something that allows for a 5th move and is balanced.

Oh yeah I agree, my post was like 95% joke honestly. I totally get why they have 4. It makes things alot more interesting.

Really i just kinda dislike the call for help thing. Its not that bad though, really. Just an annoyance at times when youre trying to collect. Still a great game so far.

5 moves with Life Orb or Expert Belt would be something else lol. I think an item that allows an additional move would be balanced and kind of cool.

Demoli

Just getting this game today any tips I should know about anything?

Here's the game difficulty:

Switch mode, Exp Share on: V. Easy
switch mode, exp off: easy
Set mode, exp on: normal
set mode, exp off: hardish

Highly reccomend playing in set mode at the very least

Top Bottom