• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 confirmed for Nintendo DS

Hylian7

Shiny Haxorus is probably the best shiny design of all time.

My429.gif

Shiny Scolipede would like a word with you.

545.gif

Just out of curiosity, what teams did you guys use for your first playthrough of White/Black? Include nicknames if applicable, please!

Mine was:

Scrafty (Zidane)
Krookodile (Kamina)
Archeops (Kaseki)
Bisharp (Sven)
Beheeyem (Kujin)
and finally, Zoroark (Zant), who became Hydreigon (Shin) in the postgame.

Are there any Pokemon as unsymmetrical as Black Kyurem/White Kyurem? That's what I like about the new Formes, it's an unconventional design.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just out of curiosity, what teams did you guys use for your first playthrough of White/Black? Include nicknames if applicable, please!

Mine was:

Scrafty (Zidane)
Krookodile (Kamina)
Archeops (Kaseki)
Bisharp (Sven)
Beheeyem (Kujin)
and finally, Zoroark (Zant), who became Hydreigon (Shin) in the postgame.

Serperior
Seismitoad
Scrafty
Darmanitan
Excadrill
Swoobat

Basically all early ones. Awesome team though, with only Serperior and Swoobat being dissapointing. I really didn't like the Snivy line, and usually Grass Starters rock. Had a blast using Emboar in my US White, though.

I'm guessing I'll use Oshawott finally for either Black or White 2, since I was planning on using him in "Grey".

ffdgh

i should have went with pidov when i had the chance.
swoobad was dead weight most of the time......aside from rare occasions

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Part of me secretly hopes they break tradition and introduce some brand new starters, mid-Gen, to mix things up.

I'm guessing brand new Pokemon is impossible, outside of Formes, but it would be pretty interesting if they had a couple of new ones to shake things up. Like maybe 50 or so, especially Ice and Poison since there are so few in B/W.

Since I've being playing Pokémon basically since I could hold a GameBoy, I have had quite the number of shinies in my time, but here are the ones I currently have in my White Version:

Spr_5b_068_s.png

Kaiser
Spr_5b_169_s.png

Leeron
Spr_5b_269_f_s.png

Libra
Spr_5b_184_s.png

ZuZu (+10 points for anyone who gets that reference)
Spr_5b_076_s.png

Posh
And finally...
Spr_5b_461_f_s.png

Pinkie

Some of these were caught wild, some of them traded for, and some span 3 generations of games. They're not the best shinies, but I love them.

shaowebb

I've been traded shinies which is equivalent of me saying they were all likely hacked because no one should ever trade a shiny.

I'd really like to encounter one sometime. My wife bred over a thousand pawniards using a foreign one and a local one using the Matsuna method and NOTHING. Absolutely no shinies. NONE.

Here's hoping I get one in the sequel.

Gravijah

encountered:

linoone (ran away from it on accident back in sapphire)

miltank (was in the safari zone, it escaped)

caught:

weepinbell (pokeradar)

gift:

litwick (thanks <3)

Younicorn

Neo Member
I've been traded shinies which is equivalent of me saying they were all likely hacked because no one should ever trade a shiny.

I'd really like to encounter one sometime. My wife bred over a thousand pawniards using a foreign one and a local one using the Matsuna method and NOTHING. Absolutely no shinies. NONE.

Here's hoping I get one in the sequel.

I feel your pain.

After EV training a few Pokemon and finally coming out with the stats I wanted, I rode my bike to the tune of hatching over 6,000 Feebas eggs to evolve it into a shiny Milotic. I have to say though, the site of that shiny Feebas was one of the most exhilarating feelings I've ever had playing a video game. Like, ever.

The fact that I no longer have my Ruby cart with the shiny Milotic on it makes me sick to this day.

Ugh.

True. All of my traded shinies but one were given to me by friends and relatives who wanted to restart their save files, but didn't want their shiny to go to waste.

I feel your pain.

After EV training a few Pokemon and finally coming out with the stats I wanted, I rode my bike to the tune of hatching over 6,000 Feebas eggs to evolve it into a shiny Milotic. I have to say though, the site of that shiny Feebas was one of the most exhilarating feelings I've ever had playing a video game. Like, ever.

The fact that I no longer have my Ruby cart with the shiny Milotic on it makes me sick to this day.

Ugh.

I know that feeling. The battery in my Pokémon Silver cartridge died two years ago, and took my shiny Espeon with it.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

Suairyu

Banned
I feel for you, bro. I took me almost 6 years of playing the series before I encountered my first one. Just keep at it, and someday I'm sure you will be rewarded with your patience with an awesome shiny.

You gotta believe.
To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much. I very rarely like the shiny colours anyway, which makes sense as they're decided after-the-fact when the optimum design has already been set.

Also what if you encountered a shiny but then it didn't have the nature you wanted? Bah!

Suairyu

Banned
Oh god encountering a shiny in the fucking Safari "you probably aren't catching this Pokémon" Zone must have knocked a few years off your life.

shaowebb

I know that feeling. The battery in my Pokémon Silver cartridge died two years ago, and took my shiny Espeon with it.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

NO! Not Espeon! Espeon was my first Pokemon experience as a pokebro. My first game was literally Platinum and then I went back to play some of the rest. I'm an Eevee fan since the cartoon first came out and I love the concept of something you can evolve into so many types. Evolving my Eevee in platinum into Espeon was a huge thing for me as it was my first Eevee-lution ever and it turned out to beast the whole game. And to think I had been leaning towards Umbreon.

*pours out bottle of super potion on ground in honor of your fallen Shiny Espeon*

Boogiepop

Shiny in the Safari Zone is only beaten by the "first pokemon encounter that you can't catch" pokemon being shiny, which apparently can happen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
x742N.gif

Cherry Red. Reset until I got the right nature and he's now apart of my competitive team. He's even part flying so he fits in with the others. <3

Ha, I just remembered the time when my friend was playing his copy of Pokémon Diamond, and he found a wild shiny Cherubi in Eterna Forest while he was teamed up with Cheryl. He threw a Pokéball, but it failed, and Cheryl's Chansey KO'd the Cherubi with Egg Bomb. My friend let out a drawn out, inhuman moan that makes my skin crawl just thinking about it, before closing his DS and sitting in silence for a couple of hours. I had to get my roommate to help me snap him out of it.

Younicorn

Neo Member
be glad it wasn't a shiny chansey.
darn things are hard to get

I know the color difference isn't that great, but shiny Kangaskahn's have ALWAYS caught my eye - that and the fact that they're one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Don't even get me started on a shiny Houndoom - that MAY be my next goal... Black and blue fire dog? SIGN ME UP!!

PS - Is there no general "talk about Pokemon" thread on GAF?

I haven't seen it, and it seems one should be... created?

NO! Not Espeon! Espeon was my first Pokemon experience as a pokebro. My first game was literally Platinum and then I went back to play some of the rest. I'm an Eevee fan since the cartoon first came out and I love the concept of something you can evolve into so many types. Evolving my Eevee in platinum into Espeon was a huge thing for me as it was my first Eevee-lution ever and it turned out to beast the whole game. And to think I had been leaning towards Umbreon.

*pours out bottle of super potion on ground in honor of your fallen Shiny Espeon*

Thanks, bro. I'll never forget you, Espeon, as long as I live.

*puts flower on grave*

Shiny in the Safari Zone is only beaten by the "first pokemon encounter that you can't catch" pokemon being shiny, which apparently can happen.
I remember someone telling me that happened to them in R/S. They claimed it appeared shiny on the field too...

And charmeleon since it can actually learn flare blitz unlike flareon
Pleased to see they never did fix this problem (Flareon being the worst choice). If there needs to be an event Pokemon with V-Create...its Flareon
It'll still get tanked then downed by an Earthquake

Top Bottom