• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black/White - Co-op, Website Battling, 3x3 Battles, Video Chat, and No Fanart

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkWish said:
Looks like the September issue of CoroCoro is actually going to release on August 11th instead of August 15th. It will supposedly have something called The Mastery Document which will have lots of new info on Black and White, as well as a massive batch of new Pokemon, according to Serebii.
Cool!

I wonder when will we get scans of it if thats the case. :eek:

Black-Wind said:
Cool!

I wonder when will we get scans of it if thats the case. :eek:

I hope if they do do that we get some high quality ones immediately, tired of squinting just to see stuff, in some sort of clarity, lol
they should really move to a digital model, and translate it for the rest of the world, Im quite sure pokefans would pay $1.99 for each monthly release

Firestorm

At that point it's so close to release I don't know if I'll care =P I just want to know what mechanics they've changed in battles and how triples will work x.x They haven't said a peep and considering how drastically they changed Advance (stat management) and DP (physical/special split), I'm wondering what they did this time.

I also want Serebii to get his hands on the game and start ripping all the info from the ROM. I need to know if Stealth Rock was nerfed :lol

I'm totally going to wait for a domestic version of this game, but after watching some videos I'm going to frantically search for the OST rip Day 1.

Wait, can I say that? Is that ban worthy?

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'm totally going to wait for a domestic version of this game, but after watching some videos I'm going to frantically search for the OST rip Day 1.

Wait, can I say that? Is that ban worthy?
Expect a visit very soon.

Gravijah

rankurusu.gif

squeeeeeeeeeee

survivor

Banned
On the Japanese website one of the pictures has the water and fire starter in a battle but there is a timer right above the text. I'm guessing this is a timer for the random WiFi matches but I can't read Japanese. Anyone know what's the deal behind it?

Dr. Light

Can someone remind me exactly how many Pokemon are in this game, again? Without trading or transferring from any other game, only the ones in the game straight up.

Gravijah

Dr. Light said:
Can someone remind me exactly how many Pokemon are in this game, again? Without trading or transferring from any other game, only the ones in the game straight up.

493+31 I think we've seen so far (not counting evolutions of those Pokemon that will exist)... Expect 600 Pokemon total, I'd say.

Boonoo

So with the colors being black and white which one is blue and which red? It's been pretty easy to place them up until now, and I always get the red version.
My initial impulse is
blue=white
red=black

D-Pad

Boonoo said:
So with the colors being black and white which one is blue and which red? It's been pretty easy to place them up until now, and I always get the red version.
My initial impulse is
blue=white
red=black

How so? What determines which is red and which is blue? The type of Pokemon exclusive to each version?

Sixfortyfive said:
Red version = first version.

Ah okay. Gotcha. :)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Red version = first version.

Red and Blue
Gold and Silver
Ruby and Sapphire
Diamond and Pearl
Black and White

Lijik

D-Pad said:
How so? What determines which is red and which is blue? The type of Pokemon exclusive to each version?
For realsies? With the exception of Gold/Silver which is probably determined by the exlcusive pokemon, every set of entries up till now prominently featured the colors red or blue on the box.

Boonoo said:
My initial impulse is
blue=white
red=black

00colorwheel.gif

The comment led me for a scare when I had to look around many places to figure out how close white and black was to the colors and it still confuses me. lol, and Im still confused. White is 7 steps from both red and blue, so it could really go either way. I guess I could go with Black being close to red/redviolet but its a close call on that blue, its five steps away

Of course Im a victim of overanalyzing

Gravijah

Dedication Through Light said:
00colorwheel.gif

The comment led me for a scare when I had to look around many places to figure out how close white and black was to the colors and it still confuses me. lol, and Im still confused. White is 7 steps from both red and blue, so it could really go either way. I guess I could go with Black being close to red/redviolet but its a close call on that blue, its five steps away

Of course Im a victim of overanalyzing

What the hell is wrong with you? :lol

ILikeFeet

Banned
When you apply the color wheel, trying to find which is close to Black and White, is more or less impossible. White is the presence of all colors and black is the abstance (according to light) so BW has no comparatives

ivysaur12

Banned
OK, so...

I was hating on the gothic poke before hand.

After seeing it's art, I really like it. This game is going to be so awesome.

ILikeFeet

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
OK, so...

I was hating on the gothic poke before hand.

After seeing it's art, I really like it. This game is going to be so awesome.
Nope still looks ugly thanks to thos damn head wings. I liked the fan art better

3-on-3 with movement is starting to sound like FF or something. You have to close enough to use a Physical attack!

But man, I just bought HG like 3 months ago.

ivysaur12

Banned
After reading everything from Coro Coro...

Fuck yeah. This game is going to be sick. Even goth chick is sick. It's too bad that Munna and its evolution will be regulated as a way to get an item. They probably will have no use besides that.

ivysaur12 said:
After reading everything from Coro Coro...

Fuck yeah. This game is going to be sick. Even goth chick is sick. It's too bad that Munna and its evolution will be regulated as a way to get an item. They probably will have no use besides that.

Yay! I'm not the only one who likes the Goth pokemon :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Glass Soldier said:
why does he have to be flying/normal YADDAYADDAHAVCALKJKVéA

There has to be some reason why Game Freak keeps doing this. I would love for someone to ask during an interview :lol

ivysaur12 said:
There has to be some reason why Game Freak keeps doing this. I would love for someone to ask during an interview :lol

This has got to be some inside joke. Like there's only one member in the team who's pushing for birds while the others want to make some crazy homunculus shit so he's put up with the compromises.

Kurtofan

Glass Soldier said:
This has got to be some inside joke. Like there's only one team in the member who's pushing for birds while the others want to make some crazy homunculus shit so he's put up with the compromises.
Seems convoluted :p

They really are going all out with this pokemon title, I read about the new online features yesterday and damn that's a lot of stuff you can do.

I really hope that this time we are able to choose what our NPC trainer Wi-Fi self looks like instead of just choosing from a list of four.

This is sort of a big deal in a game that seems to be so online-focused and involves co-op.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What would a pure Flying look like anyway? A moving tornado?

Also, the mon might become "typeless" when using Roost.

upandaway

Ookami-kun said:
What would a pure Flying look like anyway? A moving tornado?

Also, the mon might become "typeless" when using Roost.
No, he'll just become Normal. There is no need to be so stubborn about semantics.

The definition of 'normal' is so arbitrary and stupid that anything that is skin-colored or doesn't possess any identifying feature could be considered Normal. That's why to begin with even Pokemon like Pidgeot should have been pure Flying.

Gravijah

ronito said:
Damn, Spring 2011, I was hoping for christmas. Spring is going to be busy/expensive with this and the 3DS.

You're telling me. I've already started saving up for my 3DS.

Speaking of normal/flying, wasn't there a reason all would-be pure flying Pokemon have normal attached?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
upandaway said:
No, he'll just become Normal. There is no need to be so stubborn about semantics.

I always thought Roost "removes" the Flying... I always thought it'd make Articuno turn into pure Ice instead of Ice/Normal

upandaway

Ookami-kun said:
I always thought Roost "removes" the Flying... I always thought it'd make Articuno turn into pure Ice instead of Ice/Normal
It's still really trivial. Articuno is already with an identifying element while a pure Flying without flight has no identifying elements. Like I said Normal as a type is kinda screwed up because they can't decide if it's "the absence of other types" or if it's "everything skin-colored".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom