• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Question

osyrus

ok, so they come with those wireless connectivity things for the GBA right? is it possible to use them on the DS so my friend and I can grab a copy (FR/LG) for ourselves and trade/battle without having to buying a GBA? (neither of us own one)

*crosses fingers*

lyre

The wireless adapter and DSes' internal wireless hardware are completely different. So no.

And the DS doesn't even have a link port, how can you plug the thing into it. :p

Zeed

Banned
I have my own FireRed question, reposted from the D/P thread - how far do you have to play in order to be able to trade with other systems? I'm aiming to get the Mew tomorrow from Toys R Us. I already beat up to Lt. Surge, but I'm not sure if that's enough. What do you think, GAF?

Does anyone know when the Player's Choice version releases? And that excludes Emerald, right?

This D/P discussion is getting me all pumped up, and I don't want to clear my Ruby save. Please answer my question, if the games are out I will leave for BestBuy before it closes.

lyre

Zyid said:
I have my own FireRed question, reposted from the D/P thread - how far do you have to play in order to be able to trade with other systems? I'm aiming to get the Mew tomorrow from Toys R Us. I already beat up to Lt. Surge, but I'm not sure if that's enough. What do you think, GAF?

To trade FireRed/LeafGreen to other systems you have to first beat the E4 once, visit all 7 extra islands and collect the Sapphire and Ruby item and chuck them into a machine at Island 1 or something.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Wait, I'm confused - so is it pointless to go to the Mew thing tomorrow if you haven't pretty much all the main parts of the single player aspect of the game (I have Emerald)?

Zeed

Banned
yudaan said:
To trade FireRed/LeafGreen to other systems you have to first beat the E4 once, visit all 7 extra islands and collect the Sapphire and Ruby item and chuck them into a machine at Island 1 or something.
This is a cruel joke, right?

lyre

You will not only do that but you will love every minute of it. >:p

DarthWoo: I'd imagine all carts should work with that. Afterall, you only need to do this after-the-game stuff if you want your remake carts to connect with everything else. Or in the least, I'd imagine Emerald would be most likley to work out of all of them.

Also, in order for Ruby/Sapphire to trade with the remakes, you also have to have beaten those once as well (so you can't just trade over Charmanders when you just started Ru/Sa).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
What I meant is that I read that you need to have the National Pokedex to be able to acquire Pokemon not native to Hoenn, and thus for Mew. And to get the National Pokedex, you need to at least beat the Elite Four, which sadly, I think I may be unable to do before tomorrow.

madmook

I bought a copy of Leaf Green from Fry's the other day for $19.99 and it doesn't come with the wireless adapter like before. It doesn't have any "greatest hits" marking on the box, but I've never bought a greatest hits GBA game before.

lyre

You get the National Dex immediately after you beat the game (talk to Prof Oak). Depending on where you are in Emerald and how much sleep you really need, you shouldn't have to worry. :p

Zeed

Banned
nubbe said:
It only takes about 25 hours to get there
That's bullcrap! Toys R Us better have a FireRed/LeafGreen system for trading. There are no obscene requirements if you're trading between the same versions, right?

Ravidrath

Zyid, if you go with FR/LG you should be able to trade and get Mew immediately.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=1393094&page=1

From the official Pokemon.com page...

Ruby/Sapphire and FR/LG: You must have the Pokedex and have an extra Pokemon in your party that you're willing to trade.

They also recommend saving on the second floor of the Pokemon Center to speed up the transfer process, as it looks like it's just being done via a straight cable trade.

cvxfreak

Hmm, come to think of it, FR/LG should be immediate since Mew is a Kanto Pokemon. :lol

It wouldn't be immediate if TRU uses RSE as the games to send them over.

Top Bottom