• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold/Silver for 3DS VC

Wilsongt

R5AQQ_s-200x150.gif

I could maybe see myself actually getting into Silver again; think I had 80 hours in my original, lost somewhere, cart. Crystal would get a purchase from me for sure though since I never played that iteration and folk talk it up a bunch. Tried playing the VC release of Red that came with my 3DS but it being the exact same game as what I played in the original three titles had me falling off a couple hours in. Some "new" content would go a long way to getting me interested.

Link_enfant

- Where's Crystal, I mean wtf
- Why doesn't it release like this month? That makes no sense
- Will they fix the shiny formula in Pokémon Bank, they better fix it or there'll be a lot of problems
- Where's Crystal?

Neptonic

HOW CAN THEY FAIL TO MEET MY PRETTY LOW EXPECTATIONS SO CONSISTENTLY
HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT CRYSTAL ON THE ESHOP

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
the first pair of pokemon games worth buying since the release of soul silver and heart gold.

L176

The only thing I'm going to get from the direct... Although I would have taken Crystal as well...

So for those wondering why there's no Crystal, I have a pretty good idea why. In Japan, Crystal has a building called the PCC (Pokemon Communications Center) that used the Mobile Adapter GB to connect to dialup servers and essentially worked like the WiFi features in Gen 4. Now, with how they mentioned they didn't want to do Gen 1 without being able to trade, they probably also didn't want to do Crystal without its biggest feature possible.

Now for other problems:
- They can't cut the PCC in the Japanese games because it's where you receive the Odd Egg and Eon Mail.
- While most of the mobile features were translated into English, they definitely weren't for the other international languages.

Either way, it would be too much work for a VC title.

No Crystal and still no VC support on Switch.

Nintendo and TPC really are those quirky devs from Japan that are out of touch with reality aren't they.

Top Bottom