• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

joetachi

Im replaying Gold and i have one thing to say remake the phone and dont let trainers call you unless its really important. The phone is so annoying when they call you saying they lost to a weak ass wild pokemon or that they didn't catch some lame ratatta.

Zilch

Banned
Wii Will Rock U said:
I have a name you know. :lol

By the way, I got my hands on another nugget of tasty information: as it turns out there is going to be a new feature introduced in these two games that has never been in any Pokemon game previously so watch out for that.

Also, expect on tonight's Pokemon Sunday to see the new stock art of Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Do you know what the feature is?

Wii Will Rock U said:
By the way, I got my hands on another nugget of tasty information: as it turns out there is going to be a new feature introduced in these two games that has never been in any Pokemon game previously so watch out for that.
You can invent new words to use as conversation pieces?

Wait, they already did that.

Teknoman

BishopLamont said:
Didn't stop Pokemon Stadium from being made.

I just want a Wii Pokemon game that surpasses the quality of the N64 Stadium games, yet includes whatever good ideas Genius Seniority implemented in everything from Pokemon Colosseum to Battle Revolution.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
thetechkid said:
So after we finish Johto are we going to be able to go back to Kanto like the original gold/silver?

Yeah, we better, because the main Johto quest is laughably easy and short. I hope they remix more of the R/B/Y music for Kanto than they did in the originals.

thetechkid said:
So after we finish Johto are we going to be able to go back to Kanto like the original gold/silver?

It would be odd if Nintendo took out Kanto in these games considering one of the novelties was being able to go back to Kanto...:eek:

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Doosi said:
Will these remakes contain the Crystal extras?

I would think so.. Crystal had a better 'story', and the extras like Tutors will no doubt return. But I can only hope lost Pokemon like Extreme Speed Dratini make it back..

Jiggy

Wii Will Rock U said:
While it's the subject anyway...

Last time we had remakes, the new features I can think of were Trainer Tower (amazingly lame), Fame Checker (cool once and only once), move tutors (decent enough principle; does kind split the games annoyingly), the Union Room (bad then, good now), and VS Seeker (one of the best additions ever).

If this were a third version I'd probably be more hyped about any new features--Crystal added Battle Tower and the female trainer, Platinum added three new Battle Frontier facilities (though it got rid of most old ones in the process), and Emerald added six Battle Frontier facilities and EV-reducing berries and nature passing and abilities functioning on the overworld to affect what Pokemon appeared (Synchronize, Magnet Pull, Intimidate, etc.) and double-speed egg-hatching and multi-trainer double battles and gym rematches.

But it's not like having something good is totally out of precedent by FR/LG, and Platinum did so much less than Emerald in the realm of fully original features that I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out they were saving a good chunk of stuff for Heart Gold and Soul Silver all along.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Zilch said:
So when will the Pokemon Sunday show be on in American timezones? Probably late Saturday night, right?
I think 7:30pm EST. It's already 2am Sunday morning in Japan right now.

Case said:
A LOT more pokemon would be usable if the creators would just give them 1 strong attack :/

Tell me about it.

Flareon has awesome attack, but it's only fire attack that can use it is Fire Fang.

Jel0man

Woah Pokemon Sunday should start in about 4 hours and 15 minutes. I hope they show a trailer or something:D.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If it uses an even faster Platinum engine then I'll be happy. I'll admit that I thought Diamond/Pearl being 2D and controlling largely the same was a missed opportunity, but for these remakes it's forgiven.

Forkball

First artwork from Heart Gold and Soul Silver leaked:

diglett.jpg

Rpgmonkey

dagZ said:
where can I watch this pokemon sunday on american cable?

Can't afaik.

There's a program called KeyholeTV you can use to watch some Japanese channels on though. TV Tokyo's one of the available channels.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rpgmonkey said:
There's a program called KeyholeTV you can use to watch some Japanese channels on though. TV Tokyo's one of the available channels.
It's like I'm really learning how to cook in Japanese!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BishopLamont said:
Haha, goddamn Dugtrio.
Dugtrio made me stop buying Pokemon cards. After I got my third Dugtrio in a row from a booster pack, I knew I was cursed.

Is some cooking channel on TV Tokyo right now?

What time is the Pokemon show?

TV Tokyo is there,

It's written as テレビ 東京(Terebi Tokyo)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dabookerman said:

With fried eggs and oven gloves? I assume so. That's what I'm watching.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Dabookerman said:

TV Tokyo is there,

Awesome, thanks.

Rpgmonkey

Dabookerman said:

TV Tokyo is there,

The show is in about an hour and 45 minutes.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
1 Hour and 45 minutes from this post until the start of Pokemon Sunday. It's an hour long, features an old pokemon anime episode and the announcement will be buried in the show, so we'll have to watch it all unless we miss it. They might give more information about the exact timing of the announcement, ie middle, start or ending of the show, when it starts.

BTW, word has it that now screenshots or trailers will not be revealed. It's suppose to be just an announcement, the logos' and revealing of new artwork for the Johto starter pokemon. I hope not.

EDIT: NO SCREENSHOTS, GAMEPLAY DETAILS OR TRAILER EXPECTED

Top Bottom