• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

lyre

Defuser said:
This why you should only keep numbers of trainers who will give you rare items. After you get the item.Ditch them.
I don't want to acknowledge their existence period.

If I wanted kick their asses again for cheap exp, I don't need to be called.

Jiggy said:
Will import at least one in Japanese and buy at least one in English.

Please let the Suicune quest from Crystal be in. I also hope for a legitimate way to catch a Celebi who can actually be nicknamed, but let's not get too wild just yet.

Edit: And hopefully faster battle speed than D/P/P, katakana usable in the English games, multiple selectable trainers, and everything else I universally wish for from new Pokemon games--the above two were just G/S-specific wishes.

Indeed! Can't wait to kick that 2 continent ass or more again

outunderthestars said:
Seriously, Nintendo is the Dean Koontz of videogames these days. Soulless, generic, greedy whores. Everything they touch turns to shit. You people are letting blinding nostalgia cloud your judgment.

Salsa2.gif

Slavik81

This is pretty boring news. As a pokemon fan, there are already more nearly identical games than I can possibly play.

Gold and Silver hold up fine without a remake and I don't see any need to do one. I'd rather they release them as downloadables for the DSi and Wii instead and spend the effort they're putting into this on something else.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
outunderthestars said:
So another sequel and/or side story with no real change from the same exact game that Nintendo has released a dozen or so times before????

joy.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's not even that! The story of Pokemon is so complex that they are down to just remaking the same damn game that they have been remaking over and over again.

I swear, Nintendo isn't even trying anymore. Any of you who actually this garbage is part of the fucking problem.
Go cry to gamefaqs.

Defuser

Slavik81 said:
This is pretty boring news. As a pokemon fan, there are already more nearly identical games than I can possibly play.

Gold and Silver hold up fine without a remake and I don't see any need to do one. Release them as downloadables for the DSi instead.
But how would Nintendo make monies then?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
"We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. Just as with Red and Green's transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, the Gold and Silver games will likely receive a graphical and sound update in the transition to DS. Details will be released on the official site shortly."

:eek:

Shiggie

Yahoo.jp said:
We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. While Red and Green had fantastic upgrades in their transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, this time the games are skipping the Gameboy Advance and going directly from Gameboy to DS. So they will almost certainly have drastically upgraded graphics and sound. Details will be released on the official site shortly.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS are the newest entries in the Pokemon series: "Pocket Monsters HeartGold and SoulSilver." Taking place in the Johto region, the games will be upgraded with all of the series' current features and will also be paced with brand new features. This year marks the tenth anniversary of "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver's" release on the original gameboy, so its revival is only fitting. Since its release in 1999, the game has sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide.

Slavik81 said:

Gold and Silver hold up fine without a remake and I don't see any need to do one. I'd rather they release them as downloadables for the DSi instead and spend the effort they're putting into this on something else.

But they can't charge $30 for that! How are they supposed to milk another $500 million from children and simpletons if they make it a downloadable DSi game?

Shiggie said:
Woah, G/S came out ten years ago?!

I still remember making Homestead sites and checking Pokemon Crater for info, wondering what Chicorita, Hinoarashi, and Waninoko were going to be called in English.

Defuser

EmCeeGramr said:
I still remember making Homestead sites and checking Pokemon Crater for info, wondering what Chicorita, Hinoarashi, and Waninoko were going to be called in English.
I still prefer their JP names. Hinoarashi sounds awesome.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
EmCeeGramr said:

Glad I wasn't alone.

Wallach

outunderthestars said:
But they can't charge $30 for that! How are they supposed to milk another $500 million from children and simpletons if they make it a downloadable DSi game?

You're a simpleton if you buy a remake of a 10 year old game?

Painting with a bit of a broad brush there, don't you think?

Slavik81

outunderthestars said:
No, no. You see, they release in on DSi & Wii for practically nothing, then take this game's budget plus some and make Pokemon Snap 2 (Wii).

*continues dreaming*

AniHawk

outunderthestars said:
Seriously, Nintendo is the Dean Koontz of videogames these days. Soulless, generic, greedy whores. Everything they touch turns to shit. You people are letting blinding nostalgia cloud your judgment.

MmmmmmMMM! That's good understatement.

They have been remaking a lot of stuff lately though:

Rhythm Tengoku, Fire Emblem, Kirby Super Star, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Punch-Out, and then the whole New Play Control line.

...I'll take the games we never got in the first place, though, like Fire Emblem (IntSys is god).

Defuser

Jade Knight 08 said:
never play any of the series...... so,

What's so special about these games (silver/gold)?
The true sequel to RBY.
The only game that has 2 regions
It started day/night system,breeding.etc
And you can battle the protagonist from RBY.

I get that Ho-oh's wings are supposed to make a heart, but why does Lugia sniffing its ass make a soul?

or maybe it's just implying that lugia is a butt-sniffing doo-doo head that NEVER GOES IN THE FUCKING BALL EVEN WHEN IT'S AT LIKE 20HP AND ASLEEP

kman3000

outunderthestars said:
What's up with you?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
AniHawk said:
MmmmmmMMM! That's good understatement.

They have been remaking a lot of stuff lately though:

Rhythm Tengoku, Fire Emblem, Kirby Super Star, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Punch-Out, and then the whole New Play Control line.

...I'll take the games we never got in the first place, though, like Fire Emblem (IntSys is god).

Rhythm Heaven is not a remake of Rhythm Tengoku. Otherwise, you're right.

Jade Knight 08 said:

For me? Nothing really. I liked the 3rd gen more than that one and the 4th gen more than the 3rd.

But these games are being upgraded with all the new things that have come after them + they are getting new features so Im excited!

celebi23

Jade Knight 08 said:

Imagine all the awesomeness of R/B/Y, add 100 new creatures, a new region, full color, Day/Night, the ability to go back to the land of R/B/Y after finishing the main part of GSC. That's just the tip of the iceberg

xSL4INx

outunderthestars said:
So another sequel and/or side story with no real change from the same exact game that Nintendo has released a dozen or so times before????

joy.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's not even that! The story of Pokemon is so complex that they are down to just remaking the same damn game that they have been remaking over and over again.

I swear, Nintendo isn't even trying anymore. Any of you who actually this garbage is part of the fucking problem.

??

CRY MOAR

lyre

Slavik81 said:
Gold and Silver hold up fine without a remake and I don't see any need to do one.
They can't link with any of the current gen games.

I'd rather they release them as downloadables for the DSi and Wii instead and spend the effort they're putting into this on something else.
You serious think Nintendo will do anything correctly relating to anything online?

outunderthestars said:
Obviously this announcement is not for you, so I'll kindly ask you to not bother posting in this thread anymore and not further waste anyone's time.

Davey Cakes

Honestly, as much as I LOVED G/S, after D/P I just can’t get excited for another Pokemon game.

I almost feel bad about it. Pokemon Red and Silver were two of my favorite handheld games ever, but I just can’t muster the energy to put another 70+ hours into the franchise. With D/P it already seemed like I was beating a dead horse, like I was just stringing my love for Pokemon along even though I did truly want to just leave it behind for good.

Call me if they ever do a Pokemon MMO, or at the very least, make Pokemon Snap Wii.

APZonerunner said:
Now the question is....

what does your friend at treehouse know about the US release window?!

You know what to do.

jack_bauer_torture.jpg

Dude, I already said that in the other thread...JEEZ. :lol

It's Fall/Late 2009 for Japan and Late 2009/Spring 2010 for America.

Black-Wind said:
For me? Nothing really. I liked the 3rd gen more than that one and the 4th gen more than the 3rd.

But these games are being upgraded with all the new things that have come after them + they are getting new features so Im excited!

WAIT! I think I liked GS more than RS! Mainly because I think RS made me loose interest in the series because of something and I wasn't interested in any new games till I started seeing what DP was about which got me hooked again.

I guess thats why DP broke the fall off in sells for the series.

Zilch

Banned
VOOK said:
The good ones.

Well, all the newest ones will be in these remakes, just like how all the newest ones were in FR/LG.

If this was a straight remake, I'd be irritated to. But this is a remake with all the new features from D/P/Pt plus probably new ones. They're essentially new games.

Top Bottom