• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Rumble World?

lupinko

Genius Sonority have their hands full with their Denpaman series. In addition to that, they have been doing Pokémon recently with these titles over the last four years

Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure
Pokémon Battle Trozei
Pokémon Shuffle

Though I wouldn't be opposed to this. They have said they need something special for a battle sim, since the games are 3D as standard now, and that was the appeal of it.

But XD gave us Baton Pass Zapdos and Psycho Boost Lugia tho.

KingBroly pointed this out on twitter, but look at the rating, there's "Online Interactivity". Did Rumble U have online? Don't think Rumble Blast did, did it?

GamerJM

Banned
The Pokémon Rumble games are utter trash. Where is my third PokéPark game? Come on, and I want to see Pokémon in HD. =(

I actually like Rumble a little bit better than Park. Rumble is pretty mindless but it's a fun time-waster, especially the original WiiWare game (the 3DS one sort of stretched itself thin with how much content there was, it really didn't need to be as long as it was). Park is enjoyable I guess but it's nothing special and feels like it was designed for children probably more than anything else I've ever played in the franchise.

Both are like mid-tier spin-off series. Not as good as the old console RPGs, Stadiums, Mystery Dungeon, Conquest, or Snap, but they're much better than trash like Dash or Ranger IMO.

Bulbasaur

Banned
If they flesh out the Rumble series and make the Amiibo's in the angular style of the original NFC figures I don't think I could say no.

Ambrella is one of the worst videogame developers in japan. Pokemon Dash, never forget.

I hope this game does horrible and TPC end their relationship with them.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why did Pokemon spinoffs have to become such trash?

They have always been. There were a few good ones in-between like Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Puzzle League, but most of the time, Pokémon spin-off games are just trash. Either they are a mere companion to the main games (Stadium, Colosseum, Box), reducing the gameplay to such small elements that they are not worth it on their own, or they are just pure trash like the Mystery Dungeon games or Pokémon Dash. They worst thing is I still play most of them.

JoeM86

I was hoping for Pokken to be the next U amiibo-centric game.
But maybe this will be the first 3DS-only amiibo-centric game...?

Hope not...would be a pain to cover since there's no N3DS screenshot capture devices yet :p

My money is on this one being Wii U, though

Note: the above is speculation and not an indicator of insider knowledge.

I really liked the first Rumble on Wii. I didn't check the 3DS one because it's more of a couch multiplayer game to me.

I was interested in the Wii U one, but after looking at some videos it seemed more like an arena battle game than a gauntlet clone. I liked the stage -> boss flow of the first game so I decided not to get it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hope not...would be a pain to cover since there's no N3DS screenshot capture devices yet :p

My money is on this one being Wii U, though

Note: the above is speculation and not an indicator of insider knowledge.

good to read the note...
Btw, the "premature" and "bizzarre" launch of Rumble U (looking back at it considering the amiibos launch in a way biger fashion) make predictions..unpredictable.
It would be strange to have another Rumble U amiibo game considering the existence of the previous one with the dedicated line of characters; it would be strange to have another Rumble U game without NFC figures now that they launched Amiibos; and so on..

Camjo-Z

Please no. Rumble is one of the most half-baked and awful spin-offs the Pokemon series has ever produced. It makes Dynasty Warriors look like Bayonetta.

Dragoshi1

Rumble U was boring and awful.

And clearly a test bed for Amiibos before Amiibos were announced.

Maybe they should make it where the characters aren't those dopey toys and are the ACTUAL pokemon this time?

Or clever chibi versions of them, just not chibi'ed to the point where they have no or limited limbs and design.

JoeM86

We need Nintendo to go back to the REAL best Pokemon spin-off game: Pokemon Conquest 2.

Na. They should reconsider the original proposal and have Pokémon Warriors...no turn-based shenanigans :)

good to read the note...
Btw, the "premature" and "bizzarre" launch of Rumble U (looking back at it considering the amiibos launch in a way biger fashion) make predictions..unpredictable.
It would be strange to have another Rumble U amiibo game considering the existence of the previous one with the dedicated line of characters; it would be strange to have another Rumble U game without NFC figures now that they launched Amiibos; and so on..

Whichever Nintendo device it is on, it'll have almost amiibo. It's the one Pokémon series that just begs for it.

Hopefully with compatibility for the Rumble U figures too

Rumble U was boring and awful.

And clearly a test bed for Amiibos before Amiibos were announced.

Maybe they should make it where the characters aren't those dopey toys and are the ACTUAL pokemon this time?

Or clever chibi versions of them, just not chibi'ed to the point where they have no or limited limbs and design.

They already exist, they should make them like these:

pokemon-rumble-u-key-visual.jpg

So I've been thinking, there's a few different ways they can take the toy models.

First is to just continue on the current look:

Or, tweak it to look like the amiibo:

Third, is to make it look like this CG animation:

N9iU1Cr.jpg

The second just needs to add an effect to make the polygons more noticeable. Ridiculous you may say, but when you think about it this way has more style and it's not an unheard of style choice.

Cocoto Magic Circus 2 also does this:

The current look does just make it more obvious it's just using the models that originated in Pokemon Ranch. They should tweak it to make them a bit more stylized to make the look more intended than lazy.

Camjo-Z

The only thing they need to do with the toy models is toss them right into the trash. They can stylize all they want, but the fact is that the oversimplified designs just aren't that appealing to begin with.

Personally I'd rather they just drop the chibi look entirely and make a serious attempt at a Pokemon beat 'em up, but I guess that would require putting actual effort into these games.

immewnity

Neo Member
Domain just got registered, meaning announcement coming within the next 24 hours. Seeing as there were no other games in the domain registrations of today, either it's not part of a Nintendo Direct or it's the only new game to be announced.

JoeM86

Domain just got registered, meaning announcement coming within the next 24 hours. Seeing as there were no other games in the domain registrations of today, either it's not part of a Nintendo Direct or it's the only new game to be announced.

Na, we're still expecting a Nintendo Direct soon, very soon. It won't suddenly be revealed tomorrow, there are very seldom Nintendo reveals outside of magazines on weekends.

I'm expecting a Direct early to mid next week (Tuesday/Wednesday).

immewnity

Neo Member
Na, we're still expecting a Nintendo Direct soon, very soon. It won't suddenly be revealed tomorrow, there are very seldom Nintendo reveals outside of magazines on weekends.

I'm expecting a Direct early to mid next week (Tuesday/Wednesday).

I don't think it'll be a Nintendo reveal, I think it'll be a TPCi reveal. The only time they've registered a domain and not announced the game right away was PokePark 2 during E3 a few years back (leading me to believe it was meant to be revealed then).

JoeM86

I don't think it'll be a Nintendo reveal, I think it'll be a TPCi reveal. The only time they've registered a domain and not announced the game right away was PokePark 2 during E3 a few years back (leading me to believe it was meant to be revealed then).

Nope, I don't see it happening. Japanese official site has already updated for the week and the only time they really update on Saturdays is when CoroCoro is released on a Saturday, and if the news is worldwide (as it would be here) we get it as soon as it turns midnight JST.

It'll be in a Direct next week. Mark my words.

Plus, Nintendo still publishes all Pokémon games and they'd be the ones to reveal. If not, then it'd be The Pokémon Company, and not The Pokémon Company International and therein lies my above statement.

Kiko

Nope, I don't see it happening. Japanese official site has already updated for the week and the only time they really update on Saturdays is when CoroCoro is released on a Saturday, and if the news is worldwide (as it would be here) we get it as soon as it turns midnight JST.

It'll be in a Direct next week. Mark my words.

Plus, Nintendo still publishes all Pokémon games and they'd be the ones to reveal. If not, then it'd be The Pokémon Company, and not The Pokémon Company International and therein lies my above statement.

I'd say we hear something today

JoeM86

I'd say we hear something today

Today has passed. The Pokémon Company International has officially put out their daily official tweet/FB post. The Pokémon Company (Japan) has already fully updated their official site for the week. They seldom double up.

I would be very, very surprised if we get something today.

Actually it's already been over 24 hours, according to the page here, it was created on March 25th:

http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonrumbleworld.com

Odd though that Battle Trozei and Shuffle's were created the day of their Directs. Huh.

http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonbattletrozei.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonshuffle.com

Thanks for that :)

I'd say Tuesday is a very safe bet

immewnity

Neo Member
Actually it's already been over 24 hours, according to the page here, it was created on March 25th:

http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonrumbleworld.com

Odd though that Battle Trozei and Shuffle's were created the day of their Directs. Huh.

http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonbattletrozei.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/pokemonshuffle.com

It's been a few days since registration, just now it was made public. Same happened with the registrations for Black & White.

Today has passed. The Pokémon Company International has officially put out their daily official tweet/FB post. The Pokémon Company (Japan) has already fully updated their official site for the week. They seldom double up.

I would be very, very surprised if we get something today.

Thanks for that :)

I'd say Tuesday is a very safe bet

Gunvolt is dated for the 2nd in EU, is that the normal day? I wonder if it'll be that day and they pull a "it's out after the Direct!" deal.

Zalman

The Direct will happen on Wednesday. Iwata is going to announce Rumble World and then reveal it was an April Fools' joke. Then he will show Pokémon Snap World.

immewnity

Neo Member
Multi Platform leads me to believe this might be a mobile title, which would explain some of the strangeness of it so far.

Top Bottom