• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Leak Discussion Thread

.JayZii

Banned
I feel like I'll be using a lot of grass types in my team.

8QusAlj.png

Still trying to figure out what's going on with the anchor seaweed thing on the left. Water/ghost? Grass/steel? Water/steel? Steel/ghost?

If this is the final tally then i'm out GF.
My favourite series of all time but i can't stomache such a dissapointment again after XY.
That's 96 new, catchable designs of Pokémon- 4 less than Gold and Silver- and we don't know anything about Mythicals beyond Magearna. I might suggest that this is a bit of a knee jerk.

Neiteio

BTW, it's pretty dumb that it's water/bug. I know they are colloquially known as pill bugs, but isopods are crustaceans. Might as well make crabrawler bug type as well since it's a land crustacean.
Crustle is based on a hermit crab and he's Bug/Rock, isn't he?

That's 96 new, catchable designs of Pokémon- 4 less than Gold and Silver, and we don't know anything about Mythicals beyond Magearna. I might suggest that this is a bit of a knee jerk.

It's still a bit too few after XY. Most would hope for above 100. Maybe next generation. It's fine for me though, I'm more excited for how they experiment with the concept and execution of everything else. And they've nailed just about everything on that front so far.

I'm curious if the sea urchin pokemon and the mascot legendary sprites are evolutions or just alternate forms. If we hadn't seen Wishiwashi before and we saw it in this video, one would assume that would be an evolution.

It's still a bit too few after XY. Most would hope for above 100. Maybe next generation.
Well, yeah, I'd love to have 150 top designs every time round, but it's reasonable to have a little perspective and realise that it might not be feasible, and it's no good reason to drop the series entirely.

Yeah I realised after I posted that it's obviously a bull's head

Tapu Koko is just Hawaiian words for holy and "rooster cackling" according to Bulbapedia. So I wonder if they're all going to follow that format.
tapukoko.jpg

And since Psychic Terrain is now a thing maybe they will all have Terrain related abilities. What an amazing set of legendaries.

ok, i can't tell for sure, but i think the psychic one is some kind of insect head? when i visualize its shield closed, it looks like an ant head or a mantis head or something

That's 96 new, catchable designs of Pokémon- 4 less than Gold and Silver, and we don't know anything about Mythicals beyond Magearna. I might suggest that this is a bit of a knee jerk.

Nah. Alolan forms are nice but not new Pokemon. I'm a collector, i want a new region filled with new Pokemon to collect. I already have 2 live pokedexes.

If it's 70 new and you can discount like 10 legendaries and 6 starters, version exclusives and post game mon, you'll probably end up seeing only around 40 new pokemon during most of a normal playthrough. I hated XY because of this very reason and that"s why this looks to be a massive dissappointment to me.

I dont care about story or competitive stuff.

Yeah, with the psychic terrain confirmed (in his first video), I am eagerly awaiting a cool ghost terrain ability to coincide the other gaurdian. Marshadow is clearly the pre evo of the 3rd legendary imo.

That's 96 new, catchable designs of Pokémon- 4 less than Gold and Silver- and we don't know anything about Mythicals beyond Magearna. I might suggest that this is a bit of a knee jerk.
96 is solid, would have like more Alolan forms though, hopefully we get more regional variants later this gen (if we get more Gen VII games)

Kinsei

Banned
ok, i can't tell for sure, but i think the psychic one is some kind of insect head? when i visualize its shield closed, it looks like an ant head or a mantis head or something

I think it might be upside down and backwards. We'll probably have to wait until we see it's animations before we figure it out.

PS_GUY

Wow..so we didn't even hit 80 new Pokemon? I'm not counting Alolan forms or UBs. What's their excuse? It's not like they had to model 721 Pokemon as they were taken from XY. Pisses me off

Aleh

Oh god what have I done
It'll be fine if I manage to just see pics and no story stuff

Anyone got pics of Marshadow and legends pre evos?

Kinsei

Banned

The shiny color of Morelull's evo makes it look 100x better. That should have been the default.

Wow..so we didn't even hit 80 new Pokemon? I'm not counting Alolan forms or UBs. What's their excuse? It's not like they had to model 721 Pokemon as they were taken from XY. Pisses me off

I understand not counting Alolan forms but UB's are straight up 100% new Pokemon. Do you also not count Pokemon like Heatran and Cresselia?

It's still a bit too few after XY. Most would hope for above 100. Maybe next generation. It's fine for me though, I'm more excited for how they experiment with the concept and execution of everything else. And they've nailed just about everything on that front so far.

That's a decent number I guess. Would have been a little better if there had been more Alolan forms to compensate (I'm assuming the last lines we hadn't seen were Golem and Dugtrio).

Top Bottom