• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Leak Discussion Thread

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
or this hahahaha

ztbyhWV.jpg

The music sounds good so far. I still need to hear the whole album before judging tho.

I'm okay with a 80ish new Pokémon. Sometimes having a lot doesn't make it a better game. It's what made black/White disappointing for me. It's the only game where I didn't have 6 Pokémon that I liked, ended up using HM slaves in my team. The designs were mostly disappointing, but I'm not gonna say bad because I'm a terrible artist, they just didn't grab my attention. However I'm a casual player so I love to see older Pokémon return, a nice mix of old and new.

But I understand people's disappointment.

Aleh

Base stats, text etc. all got scrubbed. We were impressed with how well they did...

...then the images were found
I'm not too disappointed, text is the most important piece of the puzzle, images still leave things up to interpretation luckily

Unicorn

Man, so much disappointment. Isopod evo and anchor pokemon are top notch though. UB pokemon are so "whyyy" to me.

Sad that the main draw for me to get S/M is for the QoL changes and not much else :/

Kinsei

Banned
The music sounds good so far. I still need to hear the whole album before judging tho.

I'm okay with a 80ish new Pokémon. Sometimes having a lot doesn't make it a better game. It's what made black/White disappointing for me. It's the only game where I didn't have 6 Pokémon that I liked, ended up using HM slaves in my team. The designs were mostly disappointing, but I'm not gonna say bad because I'm a terrible artist, they just didn't grab my attention. However I'm a casual player so I love to see older Pokémon return, a nice mix of old and new.

But I understand people's disappointment.

Black/White was my favorite Gen to play through because of how many new Pokemon there were. I feel like having a low amount of new and a ton of old makes the game wind up feeling too similar to previous gens. I think this is going to end up souring me on the Alola region as a whole.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

CassSept

Seriously though, that Alolan Persian has to be one of the ugliest Pokemon ever created.

Generally apart from select few designs Alolan forms are just a bizarre execution of a fairly interesting idea.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Could be a gender difference maybe? I'm not sure what direction it would go if it does indeed evolve again lol.
Cool!
Lets hope there's more of this.
judging by the other blanks it is probably gender diff

so if the Salandit fem evo is voluptuous, makes you wonder what the male is

or what if the male is already revealed?

Wait wait explain your last post, whered you get the sandlit info from?!!

You posted just above* :p

from the dataminer twitter https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

Black/White was my favorite Gen to play through because of how many new Pokemon there were. I feel like having a low amount of new and a ton of old makes the game wind up feeling too similar to previous gens. I think this is going to end up souring me on the Alola region as a whole.

Exactly the same for me. BW was so great with it being all new Pokemon. XY was by far the worst gen because of the lack of new Pokemon.

I'd love if the first two games were always all new and then put the rest of them in with a 3rd version (or post game). That would be my dream scenario.

VegiHam

I agree with this. Black remains my favourite for this reason; it was so awesome not having any old Pokemon running around at all, really wish they'd do that again. Y was disappointing for that, the rubbish story and the lack of 3D, and it looks like 2/3 things aren't fixed. Here's hoping the plot is engaging to make up for it.

So considering they are catchable, I wonder if the UBs can be used in online competitive or not. I hope so.

For my competitive team, I'm gokng with Popmaid, Pikaboo, and Surfachu. Not sure on the other slots. Maybe Castlesater and Sandolit's evo or UB1 if its not banned.

I also want to add one previous gen Pokemon but don't think theres a confirmed list of previous gen catchable Pokemon since they have to be from this gen to use in the VGC online mode.

Mik317

I get being let down by the lowest number of new Pokémon but at least the formula is being flipped up. I loved x and y but even I wished for a new set up.

kirby_fox

Banned
Base stats, text etc. all got scrubbed. We were impressed with how well they did...

...then the images were found

Any chance that all of what we're seeing here is what is planned to be announced prior to the game release, but they've scrubbed the demo of things not going to be announced?

If they went so far as to scrub certain data, I don't see why they wouldn't just scrub all of it unless it was deliberately left in.

Any chance that all of what we're seeing here is what is planned to be announced prior to the game release, but they've scrubbed the demo of things not going to be announced?

If they went so far as to scrub certain data, I don't see why they wouldn't just scrub all of it unless it was deliberately left in.

Marshadow being the third legendary and all the ubs?

This was also the Gen where Pokémon design started to look...unique in a way. I felt some were over design and some looked slightly off too me. I don't know extactly, it's the only gen I felt like. But I like simplicity, Gen 3 is my favorite because of how simple most/all the Pokémon were. It's also doesn't help that Gen 5 had my least favorite staters. I went with Samurai water dude. I can't even remember it's name.

i did love the concept of a all new Pokémon Gen, it was just disappointing Pokémon that sour the experience for me. I'll be up for another go at it. The rest of Black and White was rad.

Kinsei

Banned
This was also the Gen where Pokémon design started to look...unique in a way. I felt some were over design and some looked slightly off too me. I don't know extactly, it's the only gen I felt like. But I like simplicity, Gen 3 is my favorite because of how simple most/all the Pokémon were. It's also doesn't help that Gen 5 had my least favorite staters. I went with Samurai water dude. I can't even remember it's name.

i did love the concept of a all new Pokémon Gen, it was just disappointing Pokémon that sour the experience for me. I'll be up for another go at it. The rest of Black and White was rad.

I wasn;t really commenting on the quality of the designs, just the games as a whole. Personally Gen 4 is my favorite if we're only talking about Pokemon designs.

I would love another all new Pokemon gen but I don;t think that's happening. Especially not if they're content with slapping a strand of hair on an old Pokemon and calling it a new form.

Wait, which one is Marshadow?

The baby ghost thing.

Gleethor

Zero chance. At best we might be missing one or two mons, but I have a feeling this is it.

PS_GUY

Where are all the Mythical Pokemon? Magearna is one and I think Marshadow may be the 2nd because it strikes me as the Mew/Celebi/Jiraxhi,etc of this generation. Will this gen be shorter than XY?

I feel like we might get a new gen in 2 years if that NX rumor is true....

Kinsei

Banned
Where are all the Mythical Pokemon? Magearna is one and I think Marshadow may be the 2nd because it strikes me as the Mew/Celebi/Jiraxhi,etc of this generation. Will this gen be shorter than XY?

I feel like we might get a new gen in 2 years if that NX rumor is true....

Marshadow seems to be this gens third major legendary alongside Lunala and Solgaleo.

Mythicals outside of Magearna (who is probably going to be obtainable in a couple of months) are probably not in the data.

Top Bottom