• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Metacritic: 88
OpenCritic: 89

Eurogamer - Essential (their top score)
Tearing up the rulebook but bringing back the fun, Pokémon Sun and Moon make for the best generation in more than a decade.

New Pokémon and their variously novel moves and mechanics were what drew me back, but only like updated player rosters would suck you into an annualised and otherwise unchanged sports game. Unabashed nostalgia and a compulsive fear of losing touch were the only reasons I cared.

With Pokémon Sun and Moon however, I have a new one: the world of Pokémon is finally, exactly that: a world, with charming, textured characters not just in the named friends and foes you meet, but the random people on your journey, the region you live in, the music, the Pokémon themselves and the very soul of the journey. At long last, Pokémon is not just back. With Sun and Moon, it feels fresh again.
IGN - 9.0
After 20 years of slow but steady evolution, Pokemon gets a bit of a reinvention in Sun and Moon. An engrossing and rich new region makes the Alola journey — along with all the changes Sun and Moon make to the existing formula — enjoyable throughout the main adventure, and small interface and variety of upgrades along the way make a few of the things that stayed the same feel better than before.

I'll have this filled out more in a moment with actual quotes, but since we told the OT people to switch here until the appropriate OT time, here's the interim list from the OT:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom