• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police have found and shot fugitive Richard Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
RIP in peace.

His wikipedia page has some bizarre attention to detail: "After attacking him, and stopping to eat pepperoni and drink wine"."He then [...] fled to Mexico to drink beers and smoke cigars."

Gonzalez

Banned
But seriously, was anybody else not shocked that they've been found not that far from the prison? I mean there was no way they could've made it anywhere outside the New York State Area without someone recognizing him.

kitch9

Banned
What a tremendous day!

Crazy how they took him down though. Obviously the situation probably escalated, but I would've expected a non-lethal approach.

What part of American policing gave you the impression heads wouldn't get popped?

hunchback

I bet they kill the second guy. No public trial, the prison can quietly clean this mess up. They want this to go away.

Disgraced

tumblr_inline_nezu7kuymd1r6mpux.png

The Beard

I bet they kill the second guy. No public trial, the prison can quietly clean this mess up. They want this to go away.

Convicted felons in prison custody (escaped or not) don't get trials for crimes committed while serving time. Right?

Why would they need a trial ? Like the state needs to prove that these guys broke out of prison ?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Convicted felons in prison custody (escaped or not) don't get trials for crimes committed while serving time. Right?

Why would they need a trial ? Like the state needs to prove that these guys broke out of prison ?

Given that they are both serving life sentences, they could decide not to bother filing charges, as it would be a waste of resources.

Arkeband

Banned
We have another thread on the prison break... :|

As far as conspiracy, good fucking luck with that, there's like 800 local CO's who repeat every little thing they've heard to their friends and family. My facebook has been inundated with rumors for weeks.

The moment they glimpse the second guy the whole world will know about it.

Red Mage

Oh, you have no idea. See, the two guys were actually the aliens from the Roswell crash. They had escaped from Area 51 and the government would have executed them then, but the two had hidden files about 9/11. The WTC was destroyed by the government because it had proof that all of our Presidents were Lizard Men. This is why they have to fake their birth certificates, not just Obama's.

One reason that the authorities had trouble finding them was the fact that the Sasquatch were helping them.

The fact that Gay Marriage Bans were struck down today wasn't a coincidence. That was the signal that the files had been found and the two aliens could be executed. The reason for them staying so close was that John Tutor was supposed to meet up with them, but it turns out Titor has been working for the government since the fake moon landing.

True story.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'd have the imagine that only finding one of them, they would have preferred to bring him in alive to try and get some information on the other one.

The Beard

Given that they are both serving life sentences, they could decide not to bother filing charges, as it would be a waste of resources.

I didn't think that was how it worked. Like if an inmate assaults a guard in prison, they just add more time to his sentence, they don't have a trial.

But yeah, it would be a waste of resources, not that that's ever stopped the government from doing something.

Xe4

Banned
I wish they had got him alive, but whatever. Seeing as he's a pretty dangerous criminal who never wants to go to prison again, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he was the one who escalated the situation.

RIP I guess, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom