• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

It all started with pointing at ill-defined boogeymen and booing.

Why is it surprising that the "mainstream media" was added to the ever-growing sack of boogeymen?

it's a passing comment of support, echoing the feelings of everyday working class people.
Nonsensical views need not be given a platform. All the problems Bernie has been talking about for a year, like every single one, is because of this shit attitude towards politics and government. They are too busy with the kids, watching american idol, playing ratchet and clank to engage in grassroots politic and vote in midterms. Simply liking a facebook post and upvoting a link makes no difference.

hawk2025

LOL it's a literal parade of C listers

I hope next Andy Dick gets to speak.

Carrot Top

Nonsensical views need not be given a platform. All the problems Bernie has been talking about for a year, like every single one, is because of this shit attitude towards politics and government. They are too busy with the kids, watching american idol, playing ratchet and clank to engage in grassroots politic and vote in midterms. Simply liking a facebook post and upvoting a link makes no difference.

Everyone should play Ratchet & Clank though.

Tesseract

Banned

All ideas deserve platform, your supposition fell on its face in the first sentence.

As for the rest, congrats on the dank generalization.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

It's weird, since my brother and I used to discuss politics all the time.

I'm so glad the ACA doesn't work after it SAVED MY EFFING LIFE YOU EFFING...

Breathe. Breathe. It's all good. Go to your happy place. Go to your happy place.

Holmes

Ruben Kihuen was born in Mexico... he can't be President or VP...

tumblr_inline_o2ibfr1apg1qmoe5a_500.gif

hawk2025

Whoa Tim Robbins was married to Susan Sarandon!

Will they rekindle their love in the campaign trail?

Dude has an Oscar and a DIrector Nom, C-lister he ain't

Slayven

Sanders' campaign is in its death throes. They're throwing anything they have at the wall and hoping it all sticks, then walking back when it blows up (like the "unqualified" thing). If the Republicans were running John Kasich or Paul Ryan, this would maybe be an issue, but with the Republicans running Trump or Cruz, we'll be fine. The Bernie people staying home won't compare, statistically, to the people turning out in droves to keep those nuts out of the Oval Office, or the Republicans and/or Retrumplicans who will stay home and let the party burn.
Hoenstly is the GOP really thinking about the Dems right now?

Their 2 frontrunners are weeping asshole sores

Their majority leader is like "I am just trying to make to 5 o'clock"

And they might have a budget crisis created by their party looming.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That's just it- this stuff cannot be seen coming from the top. It just can't. The optics matter.

Obama, Clinton both understood this- they were trying to attack while doing as little general election damage as possible. That limiter is NOT on with Sanders' campaign this cycle, for the same reason it's not on with Trump's.

A) The Dem primary is the General Election barring something completely unexpected in the GOP race. While I'm not a fan of Sanders' current moves (if he was going to do this, he should have done this earlier) - Sanders has been calling Clinton bought off by Wall Street and corrupt (like everyone else, including GOP candidates) since the beginning. I sort of think that was a much bigger issue.

B) If Sanders had gone the SuperPAC route, it would be "less direct" - I'm not going to be upset at him for not going down that path. Clinton, when put in the position of being the underdog, went directly towards a racist path against Obama. Clinton doesn't get points for not attacking the person who can't actually beat her. Clinton did way more general election damage to Obama (see: Muslim dogwhistles; calling him UnAmerican) then Sanders has done to Clinton so far. Clinton directly brought up Obama being assassinated., and then directly called into question his "American-ness". Yeaaaaaah gonna say that was way worse in the general election. We discount Clinton's comments because Obama won the GE (Thank You Palin!) - just as no one will give a shit about Sanders' comments once Clinton wins.

C) This entire thread would be "The South doesn't count!" if a normal GOP candidate were running and winning the entire South per usual.

The thing that really disappoints me is that there is an issues based campaign Bernie could've run and frankly, did run for a long time during the beginning of this campaign, but instead went full "Clinton is a corrupt sellout."

In a lot of ways, he actually has hurt the movement left of the party among the party officials because they're so tired of dealing with BernieBots.

C) This entire thread would be "The South doesn't count!" if a normal GOP candidate were running and winning the entire South per usual.

The difference is, ignoring the fact that I don't think anybody here believes in removing the votes of Southern states from the EC is that just because somebody lives in Alabama, but they're a Democrat, their vote shouldn't be ignored by the party.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
@realKev #TraceAdkins now on stage to stump for Bernie

@realKev #MacauleyCulkin now on stage to stump for Bernie

@realKev #LaToyaJackson now on stage to stump for Bernie

@realKev #VoiceofTacoBellDog now on stage to stump for Bernie

I mean, not exactly? The entire crux of the issue is that Sanders is pretending he doesn't have to appeal to Democratic voters in the South using the GOP strength among the general electorate as an old, feeble excuse for it. It's basically the entire reason (outside of SC) why he didn't cross 40% in a single state in the entire region!

Bernie stealing Trumps valuable Celebrity Apprentice vote

The thing that really disappoints me is that there is an issues based campaign Bernie could've run and frankly, did run for a long time during the beginning of this campaign, but instead went full "Clinton is a corrupt sellout."

In a lot of ways, he actually has hurt the movement left of the party among the party officials because they're so tired of dealing with BernieBots.
I was reading article few days ago about Sanders campaign. He very early on decided he did not want to run a "negative campaign" and wanted to focus on issues. Turns out Weaver and his advisors were begging him to bring up Hillary's campaign donations since before the first debate. Bernie swiftly ruled out those attacks, saying they insinuate about Hillary's character and he did not want to do that. I think he started talking about campaign donations in early January after his advisors convinced him. Somehow. Since then he's gone after transcripts, touched on emails, and host of other attacks.

royalan

Don't forget the cast of Heroes.

I was reading article few days ago about Sanders campaign. He very early on decided he did not want to run a "negative campaign" and wanted to focus on issues. Turns out Weaver and his advisors were begging him to bring up Hillary's campaign donations since before the first debate. Bernie swiftly ruled out those attacks, saying they insinuate about Hillary's character and he did not want to do that. I think he started talking about campaign donations in early January after his advisors convinced him. Somehow. Since then he's gone after transcripts, touched on emails, and host of other attacks.

Somehow, all paths lead to the Jeff Weaver without the World Series title

APF

Hillary said "no"--literally the word no--repeatedly when asked whether Obama was a secret Muslim, but apparently that's "non-committal." Fuck I hate the primaries.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
#MrPittFromSeinfeld on stage to stump for Bernie

#AirBud on stage to stump for Bernie

#KathyGriffifn on stage to stump for Bernie

#MajorNelson on stage to stump for Bernie

#MarkRuffalo on stage to stump for Bernie

I forgot about Shawshank Redemption and his two Oscars, one for Supporting Actor and one for Best Director. Yikes this is a bad opinion.

He has one Oscar, and was nominated for another. Also, unless you are a legend, you don't retain A-lister status while putting out nothing of note in a decade

Why are so many Democratic campaign managers so shitty? I mean, there have to be good ones outside of Plouffe, Axelrod, Begala, and Carville, right?

Armaros

Hillary said "no"--literally the word no--repeatedly when asked whether Obama was a secret Muslim, but apparently that's "non-committal." Fuck I hate the primaries.

Hey people still spout the whole "Hillary's campaign started the birther movement' myth, What else did you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom