• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

background music

Jim McGill
Bernie Sanders
the 1% is stealing your social security checks - didn't tell you about the European cup holders

Chuck McGill
Hillary Clinton
Bernie didn't earn this - electoral-magnetism is all in her head

Mike Ehrmantraut
Donald Trump
fan favorite - somehow pulled off that deal with those Mexicans

Tuco Salemanca
Ted Cruz
wants to break Planned Parenthood's legs - they called Heidi a "biznatch"!

Nacho Varga
John Kasich
establishment betrayer - colluded to spill beans on Cruz

Trump thinks about Muslims
giphy.gif

Bernie visits Clinton's campaign palace:
giphy.gif

Post election preview:
giphy.gif

Wall of Shame:

rsJ89rR.png

Previous threads:

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida
PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated
PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Jeb is a mistake. Jeb is a huge mess

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops RIP
PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print
PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World/You are already Kay Hagan
PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout
PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1
PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PoliGaf 2012 |OT6| OBAMA
United States Election: Nov 6, 2012 |OT| - Barack Obama Re-elected
PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi
PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.
PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control
US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…
PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

PoliGAF 2011: Forum member gridlock causes inaction on thread title naming crisis
PoliGAF 2011: The 112th U.S. Congress is now in session: Want some graphs with that?

Poligaf episode 2010: The Empire Strikes Back
PoliGAF 2010: On our way to November 2
PoliGAF 2010: Home Of "By The Time I Get To Arizona"

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List
PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way

So what do people think of Al Franken as VP? Politico is pushing it now:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-elections-al-franken-vice-president-213756

Their argument is: he's basically Sherrod Brown except he would be replaced in the Senate by a Democrat. Also, a sense of humor to force John Oliver-style takedowns of Trump to make network news.

I'm on board.

He's been a surprisingly good Senator. If it doesn't jeopardize the Dems, I think it's a great pick.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/2016-elections-al-franken-vice-president-213756

Their argument is: he's basically Sherrod Brown except he would be replaced in the Senate by a Democrat. Also, a sense of humor to force John Oliver-style takedowns of Trump to make network news.

I'm on board.

I'd take him over the absolute blandness of Julian Castro. He'd add a likability factor to the Clinton campaign that a Clinton/Castro ticket is pretty much entirely devoid of.

#nevercastro

HylianTom

Banned

I'm on board.
Politico is toying with my emotions here. The man oozes charm and is whip-smart.

Seriously.. my eyes water at the idea.

ivysaur12

Banned

I'm on board.

As long as Dayton gets to nominate the successor (and it's Keith Ellison), then yes. Down.

teiresias

I'm on board.

The thought of Franken debating whatever nincompoop the GOP throw to the wolves as a VP this year fills me with glee.

Franken would be an amazing VP. Brilliant statesmen, charismatic and personable, liberal - he complements Hillary immensely well. The only thing is he isn't from a swing state.

And yes, Dayton would get to appoint a placeholder. Ellison, R.T. Rybak, there's plenty of good options.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm on board.

On one hand, I admire the guy and think he's a good person.

On the other hand, I think it would give the GOP the "See? Democrats just want to hire a comedian to be the VP! They don't even care about the seriousness of the job!" attack line.

thcsquad

I like Franken, but does he help the ticket? Though... does the ticket need even help?

Not in terms of delivering a home state, but doing that is tricky as pretty much any candidate who could deliver a swing state would be replaced by a Republican.

He helps the ticket by adding a razor-sharp sense of humor to counter Trump's media circus without stooping to his level. Also, a populist voice to reconcile with the progressive wing.

On the other hand, I think it would give the GOP the "See? Democrats just want to hire a comedian to be the VP! They don't even care about the seriousness of the job!" attack line.

I don't think that attack would work very well considering Trump.

kess

Preferably I'd like to see Trump pick his VP first, just to see how crazy (or not) it is.

Cat

How are VP candidates usually decided and when? My only glimpse is through the Game Change book. I watched the HBO movie too though that was mostly about Palin and showed she wasn't thoroughly vetted enough. I'm going to go re-read the Dem part again. I re-read it a few weeks ago.

studyguy

Was gunning for Cruz Mistress Crisis or something equally silly.
But okay.

Also Trump's platform for anything can literally be summed up with "Good things for everyone. The best things."

NeoXChaos

How are VP candidates usually decided and when? My only glimpse is through the Game Change book. I watched the HBO movie too though that was mostly about Palin and showed she wasn't thoroughly vetted enough. I'm going to go re-read the Dem part again. I re-read it a few weeks ago.

Veepstakes is going to be shorter this time around. June 7th we should have our nominees Trump and Hillary. Each should take about 6 weeks. Leaks will trickle in probably a few days before the conventions. Hillary's pick will probably depend on who Trump picks.

The final 3 for Hillary will likely be Julian Castro, Tim Kaine and ?
The final 3 for Trump will likely be ?, ? and ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom