• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2010: On our way to November 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hero_wsr-signing_LJ-0186.jpg

Where we currently stand

cav3x-uynkgz1glbcnhssw.gif

Accomplishments and challenges in 2010

Health Care Reform | CBS News

Financial Regulation Summary | Reuters

2010 Elections news

AZ Enacts Stringent Immigration Law | NY Times

PoliGAF's Rich Political Conversation and Debate Historical Index

2010 - PoliGAF 2010: HOPE Fades, but CHANGE doesn't happen in a day

President Obama's First Year
2009 - PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA Checkin' Off His List | Posts: 46,835 | Views: 1,390,139
2009 - PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way | Posts: 25,681 | Views: 967,487

The 2008 Election
2008 - PoliGAF After Party Thread of Harsh Realities | Posts: 11,623 | Views: 433,164
2008 - PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America | Posts: 16,858 | Views: 623,393
2008 - PoliGAF Interim Thread of 2008 Early Voting | Posts: 22,020 | Views: 925,562
2008 - PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP) | Posts: 20,508 | Views: 574,791

The 2008 Campaign
2008 - PoliGAF Debate #3 Thread of Hey Joe, where you goin' with that plunger in your hand | Posts: 7,013 | Views: 286,013
2008 - PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot) | Posts: 13,895 | Views: 544,879
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of Post #7323 (LAST DAY TO REG. IN CO,FL,IN,MI,OH,PA,TX,VA) | Posts: 8,422 | Views: 341,146
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of VP Debate 2008 Trainwreck-in-slow-motion Popcorn Party Edition | Posts: 5,951 | Views: 224,876
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit | Posts: 9,359 | Views: 334,198
2008 - PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts | Posts: 25,810 | Views: 812,183

2008 Primaries, Conventions, and He Said/She Said
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions
2008 - PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of THE END and FIST POUNDS (NYT: Hillary drop out/endorse Saturday)
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of Obama's Victory Lap and Smoking Hopium in Internet Dens
2008 - PoliGAF Thread of toothless Hill-Billys (75,000 in Portland for OBAMA post #3599)
2008 - PoliGAF Official May 6th Primary Thread (All I need is a Hirracle, all I need is you)
2008 - PoliGAF Official April 22nd Primary Thread (Democrat Apocalypse)
2008 - PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)[/QUOTE]

I can't even fathom the random, head-shaking events that'll transpire from now up to around election time. For the newly aware, it will be dizzying. For the old timers, maddening.

I do wonder what Sherrod will wind up doing from this latest debacle though---Daily Show/Colbert report has SO MUCH to have a field day with when they return next week. :lol

This is the season we start shedding political capital for progressive victories!

A.k.a chill the fuck out, Bams has got this shit.

HylianTom

Banned
Boggles my mind that time has gone by so quickly. And how my cynicism has grown! Seems like just yesterday we were watching the victory speech in Chicago.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
RiskyChris said:
A.k.a chill the fuck out, Bams has got this shit.
Nah, he probably doesn't, but I think there's going to be something that forces him to.

Because otherwise that would just be depressing.

ToxicAdam said:
913 days until Obama leaves office.
:lol

President Romney for the win?

At the rate these Republicans and Teabaggers are going these days, by 2012 they'll be burning crosses on the Whitehouse lawn.

So financial regulation is done. What's the next topic to be watered down and then hailed as the most sweeping change since [insert time period]?

Xeke

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
913 days until Obama leaves office.

A bunch of clowns in this thread.

I don't see where all the bitching is coming from, I found a job, have my awesome health care on my parents plan extended a long time. I don't see whats wrong. I'm content.

Waiting on Hyperion to not dodge the question that he's so condescendingly inquiring of others.

RiskyChris said:
You first. America is in a bigger crisis than it has seen for decades, and things are getting worse. Tell us what your account is.
HyperionX said:
You're more condescending than I am.

PhoenixDark said:
So financial regulation is done. What's the next topic to be watered down and then hailed as the most sweeping change since [insert time period]?

climate bill? energy bill? some combo of that? immigration?

Trurl

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
The repeal of dadt. The new policy will tolerate up to three gay handjobs.

PhoenixDark said:

Immigration reform, the most sweeping change since Columbus set foot on American soil.

besada

Banned
Trurl said:
The repeal of dadt. The new policy will tolerate up to three gay handjobs.

Per year or enlistment? And will the armed forces add material to their manuals describing the correct handjob technique?

Hitokage said:
Nah, he probably doesn't, but I think there's going to be something that forces him to.

Because otherwise that would just be depressing.

I really hope you're right, but I just don't see that future playing out. The man has no gut or heart, as much as it pains me to use bushisms.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
polyh3dron said:

President Romney for the win?

At the rate these Republicans and Teabaggers are going these days, by 2012 they'll be burning crosses on the Whitehouse lawn.

"No, no. It's a metaphor for Cap and Trade, you see."

Xeke said:
A bunch of clowns in this thread.

I don't see where all the bitching is coming from, I found a job, have my awesome health care on my parents plan extended a long time. I don't see whats wrong. I'm content.

I too cannot perceive anything outside of my little bubble.

Xeke

Banned
RiskyChris said:
I too cannot perceive anything outside of my little bubble.

Oh I can, but for me he's done everything I was hoping he would. And I come before everyone else, except my family. And I consider good friends and girlfriends family.

I get that DADT sucks for people but it really doesn't affect my life at all.

S1lent

besada said:
Per year or enlistment? And will the armed forces add material to their manuals describing the correct handjob technique?

Number of allowable homosexual hand jobs per year will scale with rank. Hand jobs must be performed under supervision of a qualified officer to ensure no additional touching occurs.

I personally can't wait to see which major issue the Dems will make awful counterproductive concessions on without gaining anything in return next! Choo! Choo!

Xeke said:
Oh I can, but for me he's done everything I was hoping he would. And I come before everyone else, except my family. And I consider good friends and girlfriends family.

Wait you get it sucks but you can't understand why people are bitching? Also some people understand they are not the only thing that's important in the universe and get upset at the suffering of others.

Xeke

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Wait you get it sucks but you can't understand why people are bitching? Also some people understand they are not the only thing that's important in the universe and get upset at the suffering of others.

I understand, I guess calling people clowns wasn't right, I'm just saying that he's done for me much of what I expected before he's even been there for two years.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i have to hand it to the WH, it must take a lot of skill to turn a minor falsehood from conservative 'journalists' into a prime-time apology where the administration shoulders the blame.

whoever handles their PR and media relations needs to be fired.

HyperionX

Xeke said:

Same here. You'll never be happy if you always demand instant gratification on everything. Especially politics.

HyperionX said:
Same here. You'll never be happy if you always demand instant gratification on everything. Especially politics.

Sometimes in politics you get gradual disappointment, like in the case of the health care bill.

Jackson50

HyperionX said:
This has been the most successful 1 1/2 year period since the days of FDR.
I disagree. I think LBJ had a more successful ~18 months from 1964-65.

Also, here is to the new thread, PoliGAF.
smiley_cheers_small.gif

Xeke

Banned
Skiptastic said:
Here's to another election season where nobody comes anywhere close to being what I'm looking for in a candidate.

GiantDoucheturdsandwich.jpg

Sometimes in politics you get gradual disappointment, like in the case of the health care bill.

Which instantly gave me great healthcare for years to come.

Xeke said:
Which instantly gave me great healthcare for years to come.

Great, I'm talking about society as a whole. Never mind cementing the health insurance industry as the de facto gatekeepers of health care is not a good thing.

Xeke

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Great, I'm talking about society as a whole. Never mind cementing the health insurance industry as the de facto gatekeepers of health care is not a good thing.

So you would have rather nothing passed at all?

Xeke said:
So you would have rather nothing passed at all?

This has been beaten to death a lot in threads that have long passed. I think ultimately passing it is better than not passing it, but it doesn't do enough to address our health care problems, namely access to the care.

Xeke

Banned
RiskyChris said:
This has been beaten to death a lot in threads that have long passed. I think ultimately passing it is better than not passing it, but it doesn't do enough to address our health care problems, namely access to the care.

Well in a more liberal form it never would have passed, so whats the point?

Diablos

RiskyChris said:
I really hope you're right, but I just don't see that future playing out. The man has no gut or heart, as much as it pains me to use bushisms.
That's a bit extreme. Sorry. Obama might not be the messiah everyone expected him to be, but he definitely has more of a heart than Dubya. I'd agree that he could be more aggressive when it counts, but, at the end of the day outside noise that he has no control over is what's hurting him the most.

Despite my concerns with him I think he has done a good job overall; however, he has a serious problem with message and is allowing stupid mistakes to make him look bad and simultaneously give a faux legitimacy to those who despise him.

The more I think about it though, Republicans trolling Congress is what's making Obama hurt. They force him to be a spectator.

I'm hoping Dems can keep their majority status in the House.

I am somewhat taken aback by the idea that Obama has "done everything you wanted him to do, so we all should quit being clowns." Instead of following my instincts and attacking/belittling you all though, I would like to ask two questions: what did you want Obama to do, and how did he achieve it? Maybe this will help me understand how it is ridiculous for myself and others to have hoped for more.

Xeke

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
I am somewhat taken aback by the idea that Obama has "done everything you wanted him to do, so we all should quit being clowns." Instead of following my instincts and attacking/belittling you all though, I would like to ask two questions: what did you want Obama to do, and how did he achieve it? Maybe this will help me understand how it is ridiculous for myself and others to have hoped for more.

He provided me with healthcare for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom