• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

In a weird way the Russia stuff is a nice distraction from the GOP maybe passing healthcare.

They'll take advantage of that.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's maddening having to keep up with all this intelligence community and FBI minutiae.
Something tells me the IC is going crazy too with all the constant moves Trump's associates are making in response to various things.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Comey say that Obama didn't order a Wiretap on Trump Tower for Trump in 2016? Did what he say rule out the FBI doing it on their own volition?

Social safety nets being a necessity for economic innovation (people free to job hop, start small business, etc. since they're not locked into a job for insurance) is something gradually picking up among libertarians.
That uh is the opposite of what it's saying though? They're donating to stop it because they don't think it goes far enough to destroy the ACA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Comey say that Obama didn't order a Wiretap on Trump Tower for Trump in 2016? Did what he say rule out the FBI doing it on their own volition?

He said there was no evidence Obama ordered or had Trump wiretapped. He did not say Trump or his associates were not under surveillance from a legally obtained FISA warrant

Gruco

Banned

This is the exact challenging dynamic that always existed for the bill. Make conservatives happy, push the Senate away. In this case they're making it impossible to clear via reconciliation.

I think it passes the house now, impossible to see how it gets anywhere in the senate.

Maybe Ryan shugs and say "oh well, time for tax reform"?

This shit ain't a good look though......

So basically, Comey fucked up the Hillary Situation but has been actively working against Trump?

Fuck it, I need a time machine to see how this is all viewed in 30-40 years

Just in time for another Republican to get into this shit

jtb

Banned
please tell me that politico story about Ds confirming Gorsuch to save the filibuster is just a false flag trial balloon to shoot down this idiotic idea before it even fucking happens

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Fuck it, I need a time machine to see how this is all viewed in 30-40 years

I have a feeling this period is going to be very tough for historians to research.

It is hard enough to follow here and now, and that's with a general idea of which sources are credible and which aren't. How will someone decades from now piece it all together?

jtb

Banned
C7kNokOXUAE6TF6.jpg:large

this is from the Freedom Caucus folks

(https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/844721400954925056)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Best case scenario: AHCA passes the House, every democrat votes against it, and then the bill gets destroyed in the Senate.

Ads for 2018 campaign are basically written at that point. "Joe Republican voted to take away your (fill in important health care here)."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
STOP MAKING DEALS. ENOUGH.

Democrats CANNOT go down this road again. Ugh.

I feel like our elected officials are just too nice. Like Ginsburg being best pals with Scalia (who was a human shitstain who loathed the existence of various minority groups but I'm sure was good company other than that), I think they get too cozy with people in certain settings but forget that such deals will actively fuck over massive amounts of people.

Fuck. These. People. The GOP is a hostile entity that deserves nothing but derision, and in a lot of cases, prison.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
McConnell actually strikes me as the type of person that keeps his word. He's a shithead but he thinks he is a member of the most exclusive club in the world and that he's an old school dealer. He liked Biden for example...and not Reid.

I'm not saying it's a "good" deal, but again 'bustering is for optics. If anyone thinks they won't go nuclear just for SC nominations, you cray.

Holmes

Best case scenario: AHCA passes the House, every democrat votes against it, and then the bill gets destroyed in the Senate.

Ads for 2018 campaign are basically written at that point. "Joe Republican voted to take away your (fill in important health care here)."
Why is it passing the House best case scenario when those ads can still be made regardless of passage? The bill dying in the House would be a total defeat and embarrassment for Tump. I want that.

Maxim726X

McConnell actually strikes me as the type of person that keeps his word. He's a shithead but he thinks he is a member of the most exclusive club in the world and that he's an old school dealer. He liked Biden for example...and not Reid.

I'm not saying it's a "good" deal, but again 'bustering is for optics. Ifanyone thinks they won't go nuclear just for SC nominations, you cray.

... Right. So they'll just do it during the next confirmation. McConnell is completely spineless, what more do we need to see at this point?

He's already caved at the prospect of even using the nuclear option because Trump leaned on him.

kirblar

I'm not saying it's a "good" deal, but again 'bustering is for optics. If anyone thinks they won't go nuclear just for SC nominations, you cray.
McConnell doesn't want to nuke it, and Trump's approval #s are low enough that we should just filibuster and force a fight they don't want.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
That argument is defensible, but, it's also clearly not what the Dem base or unattached lefties want at all, so the Dems should really think about that.

They are just chronically bad at politiking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom