• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Lincoln's method was a bit messy for my tastes. Also, he didn't even stick around to get the reconstruction amendments passed let alone enforced. No follow through. Sad!

Donald J. Trump ballroom at Mar-a-Lago ahead of the annual Lincoln Day Dinner for PBC GOP. ICYMI, the cover of the program:
This is like the "Coretta Scott King would support Sessions" thing all over again

Yeah, the guy who issued the Emancipation Proclamation would definitely want to "Make America Great Again"

iQ6bsRJ.jpg
This is amazing
This is not surprising

Surfinn

Lol Pence speaking right now:

"The president said everything is going to be ok. He tweeted it this morning!"

Pence is even more of a lapdog than fucking Ryan

Sibylus

Banned
Lol Pence speaking right now:

"The president said everything is going to be ok. He tweeted it this morning!"

Pence is even more of a lapdog than fucking Ryan

When you get taken to the top of the world on the back of a madman, you don't get off until you can see stable footing.

Gluck.

royalan

Pence is the confusing one for me.

He's been quiet this entire time. Why come out now, after Republicans' monumental failure this week, and give this boot-licking Trump speech and slam Obamacare right after the American people, Republican and Democrat alike, just made it clear that they didn't want that garbage the GOP was pushing?

I thought Pence was trying to distance himself. Why come out now and tie himself to everything Trump has done since the inauguration?

The man's evil, but I didn't think he was an idiot...

Pence is the confusing one for me.

He's been quiet this entire time. Why come out now, after Republicans' monumental failure this week, and give this boot-licking Trump speech and slam Obamacare right after the American people, Republican and Democrat alike, just made it clear that they didn't want that garbage the GOP was pushing?

I thought Pence was trying to distance himself. Why come out now and tie himself to everything Trump has done since the inauguration?

The man's evil, but I didn't think he was an idiot...

He's still the vice president, he's still on the boat. The important thing is that Trump has made it clear Pence is not in his inner circle (see: the Flynn fiasco), and Trump hasn't given him any type of assignment or "thing to do." He's seemingly the least consequential VP since Quayle. Yes it's early but I feel confident saying that. If Trump was smart he'd let Pence handle House negotiations and deal making. Make Pence the point man. The entire republican House body likes the guy, why not use that to your advantage. But nope...Trump would rather fuck everything up himself.

End of the day Trump having Pence doing little to nothing is good for him, assuming Trump is removed from office at some point.

Trouble

Banned
Has MSNBC been secretly taken over by foreigners? Who are all these people?

E: The foreigner remark was aimed at the British guy last hour, not Yasmin who is American.

It was interesting seeing someone on Real Time last night warning the public about a false flag in the near future. Nothing specific, but just trying to tell everyone it might be a planned attack on ourselves. Amazing how twisted trump has us. Sad part is, when the next attack does happen, I might be skeptical myself.

Oh yeah, speaking of the Medicaid expansion discussion from yesterday, the Kansas State Senate voted for the bill that passed the House to expand Medicaid. I don't think they have enough votes for a veto override though.

Owzers

It was interesting seeing someone on Real Time last night warning the public about a false flag in the near future. Nothing specific, but just trying to tell everyone it might be a planned attack on ourselves. Amazing how twisted trump has us. Sad part is, when the next attack does happen, I might be skeptical myself.
There's no reason to believe anything that comes from Trump until Cruz's father is in jail.

Kusagari

lmfao at blaming Reince for this failing.

They'll never get rid of him simply so he can be the pin cushion blamed for anything.

FyreWulff

Yeah, that makes no sense to get rid of Reince over this. That wasn't part of his job. Bannon is either trying to consolidate his power or the GOP is officially distancing themselves from Trump if he goes.

Trumpettes don't understand that the RNC/DNC leaders don't have any real power over the actual sitting Congressmen, they're more just an EVP that oversees the machinery of the party.

tuxfool

Banned
Trumpettes don't understand that the RNC/DNC leaders don't have any real power over the actual sitting Congressmen, they're more just an EVP that oversees the machinery of the party.

I'd say most people don't understand what RNC/DNC leaders actually do.

Trumps playing golf AGAIN today. Republicans think he's going to do anything with tax reform? That's a laugh. That's way harder than Health care and their entire plan relied on the AHCA passing. Now they have three weeks to try to turn something around.

I saw that moderate Republicans were thinking of going across the aisle? Fuck that. Let them squirm. Any victory, Trump will just use it to bolster himself. I want them to continuously fail for their 8 years of bullshit obstruction.

If House Dems try to get Trump's taxes again soon, I really wanna see what the vote count will be If Trump fucks up with the tax cuts and the budget.

Slizeezyc

Oh yeah, speaking of the Medicaid expansion discussion from yesterday, the Kansas State Senate voted for the bill that passed the House to expand Medicaid. I don't think they have enough votes for a veto override though.

Wait, Kansas isn't so far gone red anymore that they actually tried to push through a Medicaid expansion?

Where is Kansas on the bankrupt scale these days anyway? Above or below Oklahoma?

kirblar

Wait, Kansas isn't so far gone red anymore that they actually tried to push through a Medicaid expansion?

Where is Kansas on the bankrupt scale these days anyway? Above or below Oklahoma?
Kansas is pushing their legislators left out of necessity because their executive is an insane ideologue.

It's the bankruptiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom