• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The furthest left they'll probably go is centrist Republican. It'd probably need to get way worse for a Dem to have a shot.
Brownback was only reelected by 3 points and his predecessor was a popular two term Democrat who was pretty progressive. It's definitely a potential 2018 pickup, especially with midterm backlash.

The furthest left they'll probably go is centrist Republican. It'd probably need to get way worse for a Dem to have a shot.

Brownback's re-election was pretty bad compared to his first win. I'd say it's still out of reach unless the GOP puts up somebody with baggage (like how we got LA).

Brownback was only reelected by 3 points and his predecessor was a popular two term Democrat who was pretty progressive. It's definitely a potential 2018 pickup, especially with midterm backlash.
Brownback was uniquely terrible making an open seat race a harder slog, but there's no reason Democrats shouldn't try anyway, especially if the GOP nominee ends up being another nutter.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Flynn strikes me as somebody who got WAY in over his head in the last couple of years instead of somebody like Manafort who has wanted to sell this nation out for decades. I also suspect Flynn cares more about his legacy, which will always be tainted anyway but it could be a lot worse if convicted for treason or sedition.

I could totally see him singing like a bird.

Lol yup. He might as well have said "it's definitely about Russia".

Well, could have been about Turkey.

N3DbmDO.png

Ogodei

I've said before, but I believe Reince getting removed/leaving is the 'canary in the coal mine' for the GOP turning on Trump.

The only canary is Trump's approval among GOP voters dropping below 60% or so. The establishment turning on him will slow his agenda, but they'll only turn on him once it's safe to do so.

Freedom Caucus types are safe from a primary threat, but others might not be.

Surfinn

Flynn strikes me as somebody who got WAY in over his head in the last couple of years instead of somebody like Manafort who has wanted to sell this nation out for decades. I also suspect Flynn cares more about his legacy, which will always be tainted anyway but it could be a lot worse if convicted for treason or sedition.

N3DbmDO.png
Oops yeah I was thinking about it wrong.

Wilsongt

That Trump approval even with Ossoff winning most of the second round matchups seems weird. Who are the pro-Trump Ossoff voters here?

Plus that approval for AHCA is well above average, idgi

Bitches better get out and vote.

SC-5 is a loss, though. Nothing but scum up there elected Mulvaney in.
MT-AL could potentially be competitive for us too.

The idea though is that these are seats that shouldn't be competitive. Coming close is almost like winning. (Winning is the preferred outcome though. Obviously.)

This is seemingly before the failed Healcare vote as well, right?

Also how likely is Rob Quist winning Montana at large?
I actually hadn't looked yet even though I'm very excited about Quist, but it looks like the one poll out from a few days ago has him winning 48.4-40.5, with the libertarian candidate polling at a surprisingly high 11.1

https://surveys.google.com/reporting/survey?org=personal&survey=4efgc36mb5zoiex4h3f3zpn5ni

I feel like winning this seat would be a huge victory for the Bernie side.

He said something yesterday, or are you just talking about the events of yesterday generally?
white people who don't want to admit they were wrong. Those numbers will quietly fall off the worse he does as people "don't remember" who they supported.
Well I mean those approval numbers are higher than his actual voting results from November so I just don't get it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Has obama said anything after yesterday?
He said something yesterday, or are you just talking about the events of yesterday generally?
That Trump approval even with Ossoff winning most of the second round matchups seems weird. Who are the pro-Trump Ossoff voters here?

Plus that approval for AHCA is well above average, idgi
white people who don't want to admit they were wrong. Those numbers will quietly fall off the worse he does as people "don't remember" who they supported.

jtb

Banned
GA-6 is a suburban white district, no? Makes sense that the small subset of wealthy college educated white voters would be the target audience for AHCA; they're basically Paul Ryan's only base.

GA-6 is a suburban white district, no? Makes sense that the small subset of wealthy college educated white voters would be the target audience for AHCA; they're basically Paul Ryan's only base.
I get that, I just don't get why if Trump's approval is much higher than average and they like the AHCA what Ossoff offers to them that their usual Republican doesn't.

N3DbmDO.png

Wooooooooooooooooow.

I actually hadn't looked yet even though I'm very excited about Quist, but it looks like the one poll out from a few days ago has him winning 48.4-40.5, with the libertarian candidate polling at a surprisingly high 11.1

https://surveys.google.com/reporting/survey?org=personal&survey=4efgc36mb5zoiex4h3f3zpn5ni

I feel like winning this seat would be a huge victory for the Bernie side.

Well I mean those approval numbers are higher than his actual voting results from November so I just don't get it.

I think the answer is Opinion Savvy isn't the best poll, because polling individual congressional districts are hard and we'll just have to see.

Ogodei

This is seemingly before the failed Healcare vote as well, right?

Also how likely is Rob Quist winning Montana at large?

I have no idea on polling but theoretically it should be easy as long as Quist remembers that Montana voters do vote for Democrats at times, they're not particularly progressive.

But the guy he beat is the one who lost the statewide governor's election, when Trump was on the ticket and handily beat Clinton in the state. Giaforte will have less of a boost and Dems are more motivated right now.

N3DbmDO.png

Important detail. The Meeting Woosley described to the WSJ took place in September of 2016. The meeting that Nunes was at took place in January of 2017. That doesn't mean that it still isn't worth of scrutiny, but the facts matter here.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Important detail. The Meeting Woosley described to the WSJ took place in April of 2016. The meeting that Nunes was at took place in January of 2017. That doesn't mean that it still isn't worth of scrutiny, but the facts matter here.
September 19th, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom