• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726X

So, is the nuclear option definitely going to be invoked, and will it be enough? Listening to NPR on the way to work this morning, it sounded like a sure thing...

A few days ago, it wasn't even certain that would be enough.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I imagine it's at least 50% joking around. But there's that sliver of hope right? Mindy Kaling seems pretty cool, and Booker being unmarried doesn't help his chances at a Presidential run--voters don't like anyone unmarried.

That works too. But that was pretty comedic. Wasn't Wall Street a lot more serious than Wolf of Wall Street?

Good point. It definitely had the gritty down pat whereas Wolf was more about the excesses.

Trump Tells Senators He'll 'Make A Deal' On Health Care: It's 'An Easy One'

President Donald Trump on Tuesday evening told senators that he will make a deal with lawmakers on health care despite the fact that House Republicans were forced to pull their bill to repeal Obamacare due to a lack of support for the legislation.

"I know that we’re all going to make a deal on health care. That’s such an easy one. So I have no doubt that that’s going to happen very quickly," Trump said at a reception at the White House for senators and their spouses. "I think it will, actually. I think it’s going to happen. Because we’ve all been promising, Democrat, Republican, we’ve all been promising that to the American people."

"We are going to be doing a great job. Hopefully it will start being bipartisan," the President added.

It's like the AHCA debacle never happened. It'll be so easy!

C8F1O4LWkAEBQat.jpg:large

What a sack of shit. I hope he goes to prison at the end of this.

That rhetoric may work for some of the base, but I can't imagine how out of it he sounds trying that lame shit on fucking senators. It really hasn't sunk in with me how stupid Trump is.

Constantly insulting Democrats and calling them losers than expecting them to fall in line is a weird negotiating tactic, that's for sure.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cross-posting from the OT, but Charlie Dent says the Senate needs to take over the investigation.

Perhaps Trump probably shouldn't have told him he was "destroying the GOP."

What is this from? This is incredibly ridiculous.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Senate Intel Committee May Interview Ex-UK Spy Christopher Steele

The Senate Intelligence Committee is in talks to interview Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence operative who compiled the dossier that alleges a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, three sources with direct knowledge told NBC News.

Steele, however, remains concerned about his safety and is not inclined to leave London. He is also concerned about how he might be treated by the Trump administration, according to the sources. The FBI was poised last fall to pay Steele, a former officer with the British Secret Intelligence Service, for information, but that deal fell through, sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/senate-...nterview-ex-uk-spy-christopher-steele-n739966

Senate getting work done.

DonShula

The Senate Intelligence Committee is in talks to interview Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence operative who compiled the dossier that alleges a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, three sources with direct knowledge told NBC News.

Steele, however, remains concerned about his safety and is not inclined to leave London. He is also concerned about how he might be treated by the Trump administration, according to the sources. The FBI was poised last fall to pay Steele, a former officer with the British Secret Intelligence Service, for information, but that deal fell through, sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/senate-...nterview-ex-uk-spy-christopher-steele-n739966

Was it the house or senate committee that said they'd be happy to meet Steele whenever, wherever? I remember someone saying publicly they'd go to him.

Edit: And they're "in talks" to meet, not confirmed to meet... is this a tactic to get someone else to roll over first?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Was it the house or senate committee that said they'd be happy to meet Steele whenever, wherever? I remember someone saying publicly they'd go to him.

Edit: And they're "in talks" to meet, not confirmed to meet... is this a tactic to get someone else to roll over first?

Might be Steele scared of his safety if he comes here. If he confirms what is in that dossier it will be a holy shit day.

I wonder if it is possible to interview him in London.

Russia isn't going to kill a highly visible British intelligence agent whose testimony will probably only be supplementary to everything he's already provided. Also he's not a primary source for all the dirt, he just collected it from other rapidly dying sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom