• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

'Why are you afraid of the press and why do you keep calling press fake news' - Reporter
'You must read fake news' - Trump
ayyyyyyyyy

don't forget, "company... country"

I'm dumbfounded everytime he does one of these things and stands next to another countries leader. The contrast in intelligence, policy knowledge, preparedness...its fucking depressing as an American. :/

It was especially on display when contrasted against Trudeau.

I thought it was the opposite: we Dems sort of naturally pack ourselves into cities, so an objectively fairer system would still slightly advantage Republicans.
I think this is true but the counterargument is that there's just currently more Democrats so a fair system would advantage them. That said, this is why list PR is the highest form of elections.

Wilsongt

Ryan has literally been jerking off to fucking over poor people since in college.

“So Medicaid,” Ryan told Lowry, “sending it back to the states, capping its growth rate. We’ve been dreaming of this since I’ve been around — since you and I were drinking at a keg. . . . I’ve been thinking about this stuff for a long time. We’re on the cusp of doing something we’ve long believed in.”

Ryan is 47 years old, which means that, if he started “drinking at a keg” early in his college career, he’s fantasized about all the poor people who could be stripped of health care for nearly three decades.

Ryan has literally been jerking off to fucking over poor people since in college.

"No one should be forced to pay for something they don't want to man. If you're young and alive why should you have to think about getting sick and paying for all those old sick people. Like, whatever. I'm healthy. If I break my arm doing a keg stand that's my fault. I'll just go to the ER and have my parents pay."

I can totally picture it.

Maxim726X

Wait- What did he say that contradicted the presser earlier today?

Did he not change those votes like he indicated?

Does Paul Ryan realize how evil he sounds when he says those things? Is he sincere or is this some form of dog whistling?

I really don't think he does... Just shows how corruptible libertarianism really is, when you boil it down to its core.

Wait- What did he say that contradicted the presser earlier today?

Did he not change those votes like he indicated?

I really don't think he does... Just shows how corruptible libertarianism really is, when you boil it down to its core.

This morning, he said most were 'no's coming into the meeting. This was confirmed by someone else at the table.

Now he claims they were all 'no's.

Blader

Unlike the DNC race, Perriello and Northam seem very different from each other, at least in campaign style. Northam seems very similar to Kaine while Perriello seems very similar to Obama.

Obama and Kaine are not really different at all. A major reason why Obama did not choose Kaine as his running mate in 2008 was because he thought they were too similar! :lol

I assume he's referring to CIA listening in on Merkel's phone.

I just want to say how awful of a Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is. Dude constantly needs his beauty sleep. Imagine if Hillary Clinton were to do that as SoS.

Fired U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Said to Have Been Investigating HHS Secretary Tom Price

Former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, who was removed from his post by the Trump administration last week, was overseeing an investigation into stock trades made by the president’s health secretary, according to a person familiar with the office.

Tom Price, head of the Department of Health and Human Services, came under scrutiny during his confirmation hearings for investments he made while serving in Congress. The Georgia lawmaker traded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shares in health-related companies, even as he voted on and sponsored legislation affecting the industry.

Price testified at the time that his trades were lawful and transparent. Democrats accused him of potentially using his office to enrich himself. One lawmaker called for an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, citing concerns Price could have violated the STOCK Act, a 2012 law signed by President Obama that clarified that members of Congress cannot use nonpublic information for profit and requires them to promptly disclose their trades.

The investigation of Price’s trades by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, which hasn’t been previously disclosed, was underway at the time of Bharara’s dismissal, said the person.

Oh.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/842775869823377409

Trump is such a petty ass loser. Dude is all talk. He comes across as weak when actually meets with world leaders.

This has been obvious since he met with the Mexican president as a candidate and made zero mention of the wall. The dude is a weak coward. Talks enormous shit in front of screaming fans and then when he meets with the actual players he zips the fuck up and doesn't know what he's doing. That his supporters still laud him as a "tough guy" is what blows my mind the most. He's so obviously not.

This incompetence isn't new to the Service under Trump.

Seeing what they got up to under Obama and now, i wonder if it's just mostly luck that we haven't had an assassination attempt since Reagan.

so you're saying we're due

Considering all the attorneys were fired, I am just goinf to say, while this is fucked up, it's not that big of a scandal.

It's just a pretty great lucky break for Price. Seeing as Bharara oversaw cases in Manhattan, I think we will find out that a lot of people connected to Trump got a lucky break that day.

A cynical person who has questions about the morality of this Administration would say that all of the other attorneys fired that day were a smokescreen to cover Bharara's removal and that Bharara's refusal to resign was a tactical move on his part to keep that from happening.

sphagnum

Banned
I know the reason is basically "Trump and his friends are morons" but I really don't understand why their #1 goal isn't helping out the WWC and securing their votes for 2018/2020. Seems like his support is going to drop off a cliff if we get a few months in and we don't see any actual policies in place to help areas like Appalachia and the rust belt.

Maybe they all live in /pol/ delusion land where immigration and Muslims are the #1 issue and nothing else matters.

Fascists logically shouldn't want to cut government spending either, but then again their top priority is race above all else.

This has been obvious since he met with the Mexican president as a candidate and made zero mention of the wall. The dude is a weak coward. Talks enormous shit in front of screaming fans and then when he meets with the actual players he zips the fuck up and doesn't know what he's doing. That his supporters still laud him as a "tough guy" is what blows my mind the most. He's so obviously not.

so you're saying we're due

Remember when he said he was going to refuse taking those 'illegals' from Australia?

I'm struggling to think of an example of where he got the better of another world leader.

studyguy

Convinced that we've been battered so severely at this point that we no longer recognize the gravity of our president wholesale accusing past presidents or foreign groups of wild espionage conspiracy theories or somehow. More concerned with arguing how he said something as opposed to the very fact that the claims were made at all.

I know the reason is basically "Trump and his friends are morons" but I really don't understand why their #1 goal isn't helping out the WWC and securing their votes for 2018/2020. Seems like his support is going to drop off a cliff if we get a few months in and we don't see any actual policies in place to help areas like Appalachia and the rust belt.

Maybe they all live in /pol/ delusion land where immigration and Muslims are the #1 issue and nothing else matters.

It's more that taking care of poor white people, without also taking care of poor minorities is really hard to do constitutionally. So they'd rather fuck over the poor white people at the same time, rather than not fuck over poor minorities.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This incompetence isn't new to the Service under Trump.

Seeing what they got up to under Obama and now, i wonder if it's just mostly luck that we haven't had an assassination attempt since Reagan.
It's true, I wasn't implying otherwise. Although it might be a safe assumption that they're stretched thin across multiple locations and covering his whole family, and there were those mysterious firings among Secret Service staff early in the administration.

Wasn't there an attempt on GWB? Something in Europe, a guy threw a dud grenade that fell very short, IIRC. Not that notable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom