• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it highly unlikely they find anything concrete to pin on Trump and company related to Russia. None of it really required collusion to pull off, which means you're really looking for evidence of quid pro between Trump and Russia. The only thing that gives me hope is just how stupid all these people are, someone could have screwed up.

I think the only hope we have is that Trump has gotten away with everything his entire life, and he's been rewarded greatly for it, even became president, i dont think its a stretch to say that his arrogance could leave him vulnerable.

I have zero confidence in Republicans to do anything about it even if they actually did a proper investigation though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tom price on tapper state of the union just seems kinda evil. We'll make Medicaid better by spending less on it.

At this point, I see no difference between Ryan, Mulvaney, and Price when it comes to levels of evil.

Tomi Lahren learning the age old Republican lesson. If you're not a rich white man, you're just a another mascot that can be thrown under the bus at a moment's notice.

Vixdean

I'd like to see some of Paul Ryan's college essays or early opinion articles. If he's been dreaming about killing the poor for 30 years, I bet it's gotten into some of his written work. Something like "The best way to address poverty is to revoke all government assistance and force them to compete for scraps. The cream rise while the weak die.".

When was she thrown under the bus?

“I’m pro-choice and here’s why,” Lahren said during the show’s “Political View” segment, “I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.

“I can say, you know what, I am for limited government so stay out of my guns and you can stay out of my body as well,” she continued.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tomi-lahren-pro-choice_us_58cde0e3e4b00705db4ffb27

royalan

If Tomi Lahren gets hated by both sides of the aisle she deserves it.

She has made a career of making a caricature of the left and attacking that. She's spread lies and incited hate against every "liberal issue" under the sun. Oh, but now you want cover for the one issue that means something to you?

Do you want a cookie or something? #GirlBye

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd like to see some of Paul Ryan's college essays or early opinion articles. If he's been dreaming about killing the poor for 30 years, I bet it's gotten into some of his written work. Something like "The best way to address poverty is to revoke all government assistance and force them to compete for scraps. The cream rise while the weak die.".

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen this yet. Perhaps they're waiting for him to decide to run for a bigger office?

The only complement I can give Lahren is that atleast she understands that being a Republican means wanting less government and she displays that by being pro choice.

Thats about it tho.

Tall4Life

Two """""""""liberals""""""""""" told me today that when they're older, they're going to become conservative so they can get more money. One of them also said that we should keep the poor in America as they are because the poor are necessary for the rest of us to do better, or something.

They're not white either. My god.

Two """""""""liberals""""""""""" told me today that when they're older, they're going to become conservative so they can get more money. One of them also said that we should keep the poor in America as they are because the poor are necessary for the rest of us to do better, or something.

Are you surprised? Look at any OT thread which involves discussing some form of taxes or health insurance. People can quickly do 180s when their personal income is involved.

kess

Ecotic

The run up to the 2014 midterms was awful. You had Isis become a household name, the Ebola outbreak, and the annexation of Crimea earlier in the year. The failed Obamacare rollout was still fresh also.

sphagnum

Banned

This is the basic logic of capitalism. You need poverty to scare workers into compliance.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Obamacare website failure doomed the dems. It was everywhere and it WAS a demonstration of how government just "fucks everything up all the time LOL". This was after the GOP shut down the government. That was EXTREMELY unpopular. It was just a huge mess.

KingK

The run up to the 2014 midterms was awful. You had Isis become a household name, the Ebola outbreak, and the annexation of Crimea earlier in the year. The failed Obamacare rollout was still fresh also.
The scaremongering in the media over ISIL and Ebola leading up to the midterm election was a fucking joke. The day after the election, the Ebola coverage was pretty much dropped completely and republicans stopped bringing it up. It was so damn infuriating.

The greatest quote of all time came from Ben Carson about Ebola.

CARSON: Well, again I say you always have to guard for the worst case scenario. So, you know, someone comes up to a lab worker. He knows he's got the urine. “How would you like to have a million dollars?” A little transaction there. I mean, somebody's going to say “That's crazy. That can never happen.” Such things have been known to happen. We have to guard against worst case scenarios.

pigeon

Banned
This is the basic logic of capitalism. You need poverty to scare workers into compliance.

In fairness you rarely hear people explicitly say that we have to starve unproductive workers to demonstrate the consequences, even though that is the principle behind it.

Also I'm starting to think we really should just propose single payer right now.

I'm interested in the idea that Ben Carson is still a genius and is just using his genius to scam white evangelicals by putting on an act.

It's still possible for one of the best neurosurgeons in the world to be this stupid, but the idea of Carson just being really dedicated to the scam is intriguing.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I forget if I asked before here; is there any proof Carson was actually a practicing neurosurgeon? Neurosurgeons make a lot of money, and this guy seems more like a scammer.

edit: Wow, so he was world renowned. Wtf lol.

sphagnum

Banned
In fairness you rarely hear people explicitly say that we have to starve unproductive workers to demonstrate the consequences, even though that is the principle behind it.

Also I'm starting to think we really should just propose single payer right now.

Didn't Rick Santorum flat out say that we need poor people a couple years back?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand people who say that. Did y'all not go to college? You don't know anyone who could do math but was a moron? Or some superb creative writer who was also CERTAIN Apple programmed her iPhone to explode so she'd have to buy a new one? Smart people or talented people do stupid shit all the time. Is it just because people say, "This isn't brain surgery" that people think that? Should people say "this isn't options pricing" so people are more respectful of traders? :D

dramatis

I was in a polisci class with a dude who actually thought Reagan was the greatest president

That was the extent of the stupid I encountered, so I was pretty sheltered

Diablos

Given the likely reality of the SCOTUS being right wing for another generation (hang in there, liberals and Kennedy), I think single payer is out of the question. Best we can do is ACA unless Dems can transform themselves at the state level in the next 10 years and amend the constitution.

Plinko

I needed a break from master's degree work so I perused Fox News' twitter account for a bit.

Never again.

Trouble

Banned
I don't understand people who say that. Did y'all not go to college? You don't know anyone who could do math but was a moron? Or some superb creative writer who was also CERTAIN Apple programmed her iPhone to explode so she'd have to buy a new one? Smart people or talented people do stupid shit all the time. Is it just because people say, "This isn't brain surgery" that people think that? Should people say "this isn't options pricing" so people are more respectful of traders? :D

If you crave validation you could go with "This isn't vidya game forum moderation." Might get more traction.

broz0rs

I was in a polisci class with a dude who actually thought Reagan was the greatest president

That was the extent of the stupid I encountered, so I was pretty sheltered

I had a realization that trickle down economics is a complete fraud when I took accounting classes in college and understood corporate financial statements. Rich people who loves trickle down are just greedy motherfuckers, plain and simple.

sphagnum

Banned

"traders" sounds like "traitors" to me

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I usually just say "This isn't rocket surgery!"

C7_TYQ6u_U4_AACeez.jpg

Well it's a real relief to know the giant stupid fucking wall is at least gonna be pretty on our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom