• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C7_TYQ6u_U4_AACeez.jpg

Well it's a real relief to know the giant stupid fucking wall is at least gonna be pretty on our side.

So when he said that he wanted a Big Beautiful Wall he wasn't just being serious, he was being literal?

Holmes

There's an entry-level accounting assistant job that was just posted and 3 years of accounting experience is required like... isn't that the kind of position you would get said experience in?

Tall4Life

There's an entry-level accounting assistant job that was just posted and 3 years of accounting experience is required like... isn't that the kind of position you would get said experience in?

Welcome to trying to find a job once you just start your career. My older brother had the same trouble as a chemical engineer; he freshly graduated college and oops all of the jobs were like "Must have 5 years of experience", including entry-level jobs.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
From the Fox News story:

The Department of Homeland Security began soliciting bids for the wall, adding that they will accept plans for both concrete and non-concrete walls.

I wonder is this non-concrete as in steel/brick/clay, or non-concrete as in virtual/imaginary/abstract?

Wilsongt

Don't you know that you need 10 years of experience even to work at WalMart.

bgbball31

Yup, welcome to my world. I have a math bachelors and minors in chemistry and biology. Basically every job listing I've found says I need x years of experience. My options (if I don't do well on the MCAT I'm taking this year) seems to be go back to school or be jobless.

Tommy DJ

C7_TYQ6u_U4_AACeez.jpg

Well it's a real relief to know the giant stupid fucking wall is at least gonna be pretty on our side.

Wouldn't this confirm that the wall isn't going to be entirely concrete? Isn't concrete difficult to cut through by default?

Its like the wall gets wimpier day by day.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Isn't that kind of a positive sign though? I mean I obviously know nothing about the demographics of your area but isnt having non-"standard Democratic" demos turn out?
Yeah I live in the bay area but it kinda sucks when there's no one else like me. Though I'm at the outreach meeting so I can hopefully convince others to show up and help out.

Tall4Life

One kind of funny thing I noticed -- Samsung is now airing an ad about the Gear VR "taking" you to other places. They show a bunch of different events/locations. One shot is the 2017 inauguration, but then it's immediately followed by shots of the Women's March in 3 different cities on different continents. I don't know if I'm reading in to this too much but I laughed

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

We lost three Senate seats because of Ebola.

It was the dumbest shit in the world.

I mean, just look at people here on GAF freak out about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912686

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918007

Some tried to explain the facts, but it's like people wanted to ignore facts and reason to believe the apocalypse was upon us. And just like with the Comey letter, the mainstream media was happy to hype it up despite the facts saying it was nothing.

Though it is worth noting that ISIS and Boko Haram were major factors of that approval low too, and that low tied his 2011 low during the grand bargain sequester.

Trump youth at it's finest. Health care is a priviledge for those who work and can afford it. If you need assistance from the government, you don't deserve it.

Young guys think they are invincible because they never get sick. Why should they have to give money to help sick people? Less beer and weed money for them to use each month.

He must think he's gonna be young forever and won't have to rely on younger, healthier people.

C7_TYQ6u_U4_AACeez.jpg

"Aesthetics" are part of the official Request for Proposal document:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...5538f383ec3ed9cac3c9e21d6f1&tab=core&_cview=1

The Dept. of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) intends on issuing a solicitation in electronic format on or after March 8, 2017 for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico. Detailed requirements will be included in the RFP, but for planning we anticipate procuring concrete wall structures, nominally 30 feet tall, that will meet requirements for aesthetics, anti-climbing, and resistance to tampering or damage.

These people live with such huge blinders on it's ridiculous. I can't tell if they're deliberately ignoring the number of countries with successful universal healthcare systems or if they're just incredibly stupid and think nobody has ever tried it before.

They think those countries live in poverty, have a 100% tax rate and are terrible places to live. In their reality, places like Sweden and Canada are terrible places to live where everyone is miserable waiting three years to get a simple check up.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
yep one of the only republicans briefed by Comey leading into tomorrow's public hearing and grassley suddenly wants to talk H1B visas the night before? Asking the president to call him directly on twitter?
Edit: If not you, your homeland security secretary. H1Bs that important on a Sunday night. Oh also I have a former staffer friendly in the department you or the secretary can talk to me I will give you her name.
Edit 2: this looks sketch as fuck :/
jBJtttJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom