• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Politico said:
GOP already eyeing next chance to revive Obamacare repeal
Senate Republicans are discussing whether to use their next budget reconciliation measure to target the health law.

Because reasons.

Barzul

Man Puerto Rico really needs federal dollars. What the hell is Trump's admin doing. Hundreds could die if something isn't done here.

Diablos

Because reasons.
McCain might be dead by then. They’re circling him like vultures. It’s kind of sick. The worst I ever said about the man before we knew of his condition was making fun of him over what I presumed was a senior moment during the Comey testimony. I felt bad enough over that. These Republicans might as well tell McCain they’re pissing on his grave in advance. Scum.

Man Puerto Rico really needs federal dollars. What the hell is Trump's admin doing. Hundreds could die if something isn't done here.

Two options:

1.) Trump legit has no idea that Puerto Rico is part of the US
2.) The population of Puerto Rico is primarily "not-white"

This is really his Katrina but nobody is reporting it as such.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

He should be happy, he gets political theater instead of hard political work now!

He's a blue dog running in Georgia who kept getting redistricted out of his district in even more Republican territory, the last time of which he still managed to hold on for another term. I'm sorry he's not a top candidate for Our Revolution but them's the breaks. You want a 50-state strategy, this is what you need to come to grips with. That being said he still voted for the stimulus bill and DADT repeal so it's not like he's only as good as a Republican.

Someone who was running deferred to Barrow and the only other candidate in the race is reporting 0 money. Furthermore like I said SOS of all positions should be thought of as nonpartisan, even if Republicans have been quite activist and partisan in their holding of them.

This is something about 15 years of habit is going to make hard to break: one will find candidates running in tougher districts that do not fit any Democrat Unicorn mold, but it's better that they vote with the party 70% of the time rather than the 5% their opponent will.

I wonder how quickly that guy can put a gun together.

All the touted intellectuals in the Republican Party invariably turn out to be fucking morons who got lucky.

Everyone looks like a moron when they're screwed as badly as the Hill GOP are. If only they'd pull a McCain and just vote like they feel...

Who the fuck cares what Kelly thinks?

Oh and he's totally not watching CNN

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So uh, here's a few interesting maps. That's pretty unnerving actually

DKm9EbuWsAAQ5OY.jpg

DKm9Ea3W0AAdPbg.jpg

Apparently the former east Germany region, with pretty shockingly clean delineation, swung hard right during the election

McCain might be dead by then. They're circling him like vultures. It's kind of sick. The worst I ever said about the man before we knew of his condition was making fun of him over what I presumed was a senior moment during the Comey testimony. I felt bad enough over that. These Republicans might as well tell McCain they're pissing on his grave in advance. Scum.

This last attempt isn't even going to get 49 votes (if they even vote at all), so future attempts can fail without McCain.

chadskin

At least six of President Trump’s closest advisers occasionally used private email addresses to discuss White House matters, current and former officials said on Monday.

The disclosures came a day after news surfaced that Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and adviser, used a private email account to send or receive about 100 work-related emails during the administration’s first seven months. But Mr. Kushner was not alone. Stephen K. Bannon, the former chief White House strategist, and Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, also occasionally used private email addresses. Other advisers, including Gary D. Cohn and Stephen Miller, sent or received at least a few emails on personal accounts, officials said.
https://nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/private-email-trump-kushner-bannon.html

Special Email Counsel now!

So uh, here's a few interesting maps. That's pretty unnerving actually

Apparently the former east Germany region, with pretty shockingly clean delineation, swung hard right during the election

Why shocking? East Germany had less interaction with the outside world and less immigration. Should we be surprised that an influx of brown people has engendered a move toward right-wing populism racism in the country's historically poorer, more insular half?

Every day my seventh graders panic about nuclear war and try to show me dank Kim Jong-Un memes. Sometimes I mistake them for GAF members - mostly because of the clunky syntax and innumerable grammatical errors.

I've never taught kids this young before.

I probably won't again.

Pixieking

Banned
So how long is the Kushner and co emails story in the news? Bets?

A week? A few days? Gone by tomorrow?

Gone by Thursday. It'll get shunted off by Healthcare talk, 'bama Primary, NFL.

The fucking sexism of it all. This looks to be larger than anything Hillary could've done, simply because it's across multiple officials within the administration.

Also, god damn that photo of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones is powerful. Trump's simultaneously moved race relations forward and back, simply because so many people are taking the knee now.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Ah shit, the entire Cowboys team is gettin' fired tonight

That's really awesome of them! I've definitely gotta see video of it

Edit: Oh, apparently they didn't kneel during the anthem. Nevermind my spoiler tag.

47-21 is actually pretty dreadful for Republican approval of a Republican bill. Yeah, they want repeal in the abstract, but the problem is that it is basically impossible to craft a bill to the right of Obamacare that is not absolutely terrible.

Diablos

Big Ben, thanks for some exciting football over the years but you can retire after this season bro. It’s always been difficult to seperate the fact that you’re a great football player but also a shitty human being. I’m tired of it.

pigeon

Banned
Ah shit, the entire Cowboys team is gettin' fired tonight

Jerry Jones kneeled with them.

Which doesn't even make sense to me!

I'm very confused as to how this protest went from being against police brutality to being for...the right to...kneel?

kirblar

I'm very confused as to how this protest went from being against police brutality to being for...the right to...kneel?
Trump accidentally reframed this into a free speech issue. This is fine.

I still can't believe Rick Santorum was able to convince Lindsey Graham in capitol barbershop that his idea (which upset BOTH moderates with medicaid cuts and conservatives with block grants) was good.

Graham has turned out to be the biggest fucking chump in DC.

It's morphed into a protest about the right to protest. Not quite the original motive but still a good one. People really don't get protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom