• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was the woman on the lawn chair.
Heitkamp has nothing on Klobuchar

800px-Mn-sen-2012-2.png

Teggy

Trump is finally saying something about PR but it's taking him forever to get it out. He's also insulting their economy at the same time because I'm sure he couldn't resist.

What is this shit?

Trump finally tweeted something about Puerto Rico............ :/

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

Texas & Florida are doing great but Puerto Rico, which was already suffering from broken infrastructure & massive debt, is in deep trouble..

...It's old electrical grid, which was in terrible shape, was devastated. Much of the Island was destroyed, with billions of dollars....

...owed to Wall Street and the banks which, sadly, must be dealt with. Food, water and medical are top priorities - and doing well. #FEMA

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Then I look forward to Colin Kaepernick getting picked up by a team any minute now, I guess.
That would be hilarious if the end result was kaep getting picked up. lol
Donald “Reverse Midas” Trump strikes again.

“Get that son of a nice lady on the field, you’re hired!”

Wilsongt

Trump is finally saying something about PR but it’s taking him forever to get it out. He’s also insulting their economy at the same time because I’m sure he couldn’t resist.

What is this shit?

That... is up there with levels of shit he tends to post. A country that is part of the fucking US got hit by a massive storm, and the President of the United States is going to sit there and shit on them about how terrible their infrastructure is and how much debt they are in.

What a beta cuck.

Pixieking

Banned
No doubt now that Puerto Rico and the US VI is Trump's Katrina. Those tweets just shine a light on how silent he's been on the issue up til now. It won't be reported on like Bush/Katrina immediately, but I think it'll be something he won't be able to hide from, and will taint his image more than the "Both Sides" comment from a few weeks ago.

On the plus side, this'll push PR statehood further into the news, and might make something more likely to happen on that front.

Edit:

Many have been openly wondering when help will arrive, whether from local officials or from the federal government. The first thing some villagers ask when they see outsiders: ”Are you FEMA?"

Sound familiar?

Why Puerto Rico is a big moment for Trump — and a fraught one

Trump administration facing pressure to speed up recovery efforts in Puerto Rico

Trump's really been on a twitter rage these past few days.

By the pricking of my thumb, something Russian this way comes. As for Mueller's investigation, if it were done, 'twere well it were done quickly.

In sooth, I know not why Republicans are so evil.

Cassidy seems proud that 15 governors support his bill. I'm guessing he doesn't realize that means that 35 governors don't support it.

Of the top of my head it's like 5 deeply Republican Governors too. It's mostly states which didn't seek the Medicaid expansion and are getting more Medicaid money under Graham-Casshitty that approve of it. Or ones who just really didn't like Obama because reasons.

DTC

cassidy looks like a zombie creep lmao

also i love how bernie received massive applause when he said graham-cassidy had 20% approval and that the american people wanted to approve on obamacare not repeal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have to admit--Bernie is doing a good job of staying focused here.

jtb

Banned
I think Bernie's best issue is probably healthcare, even moreso than Wall Street. He's really the Dems best messenger on the issue; he understands how to distill the issue down to a moral framework of right and wrong.

I have to admit--Bernie is doing a good job of staying focused here.

I never doubted it; I've been very impressed with how much of a team player he's been on the ACA repeal front.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Bernie's best issue is probably healthcare, even moreso than Wall Street. He's really the Dems best messenger on the issue; he understands how to distill the issue down to a moral framework of right and wrong.

He's the best messenger on everything except for maybe social justice stuff. Which obviously is important. But it's very clear that Bernie a) has a good message and b) has charisma, which puts him far ahead of everyone else in the party except for maybe Obama.

I was not on the Bernie train last year but I would be next time.

He's the best messenger on everything except for maybe social justice stuff. Which obviously is important. But it's very clear that Bernie a) has a good message and b) has charisma, which puts him far ahead of everyone else in the party except for maybe Obama.

I was not on the Bernie train last year but I would be next time.

samesies.

Kusagari

Cassidy is one of those people who always try to explain things like they're talking to children.

Comes off as extremely condescending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom