• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seung Min Kim‏Verified account
@seungminkim
Follow
More Seung Min Kim Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Thad Cochran is in Mississippi recovering from urological issue but NOT hospitalized, spox says. He missed Monday vote

Wilsongt

Was just in the gas station and two of the people working there were having a politica argument. One was pro Trump and the other was not. I think I got a Bingo listening to the pro Trump individual.

Kusagari

Imagine Trump if Moore did somehow lose. He'd do another flip flop and go back to saying people should have voted Strange like he told them to.

Was just in the gas station and two of the people working there were having a politica argument. One was pro Trump and the other was not. I think I got a Bingo listening to the pro Trump individual.
Only so much you can talk about at this point if you're still with Trump.

The Florida GOP is also one of the few places in the country that has been able to take advantage of ticket splitting to their benefit, though as we saw tonight, that can only get you so far.

lol OF COURSE 3 of the 4 Hillary seats held by Republicans in the Florida state senate aren't up in 2018. Absolutely no way Democrats can take back this chamber next year.

R districts up next year:

Hillary+10.3% (39)
Trump+19.6 (27)
Trump+11.6 (25)
Trump+14.6 (23)
Trump+18.1 (21)
Trump+19.5 (17)
Trump+3.9 (9)
Trump+22.8 (7)
Trump+48.4 (5)
Trump+32.6 (1)

You go after SD29, SD9, and then...?????? That would bring you to 18 of 20.
The even ones are up next year, not the odds.

Ernest

Banned
jesus

Jzoj218.png
Fox News and proliferation of conservative talk radio since '99.

I refuse to believe Thad Cochran is a real person. Also do they really have the votes with him included? Doesn’t seem likely.

Edit: looks like everyone’s favorite turtle might be in jeopardy

Chichikov

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT

Some concern that Trump might be stepping away from Big Six tax plan. WH official tells me that's not true, but that briefings within... 1/

2/ ... West Wing have not always been as thorough as they could have been.

A clown show.

I refuse to believe Thad Cochran is a real person. Also do they really have the votes with him included? Doesn’t seem likely.

Edit: looks like everyone’s favorite turtle might be in jeopardy

Cockring's probably not going to stick around for much longer after the things he had to do to win his primary against McDaniel. His voter base in that race wasn't quite as bipartisan as Murkowski currently works with, but he still needed a lot of Dems (I was almost one if I didn't have work on E-Day) to push him over the edge. I don't think that's a tenable situation at all, and he runs the risk of losing that primary eventually because playing to that bipartisan base will piss off the crazies even more.

There is absolutely no other explanation for that tweet besides his thinking Scalise is a Senator.

I don’t actually think he’s always believed that, more that he’s terribly confused this morning. Which is worse.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Puerto Rico is a mess. But I will say the Federal government has done a better job in the US Virgin Islands. FEMA is here and we've received adequate supplies and help. Some things could improve like the arrival of supplies like tarpaulins but overall the federal response has been good here. I know none of that is thanks to Trump but someone working up there is doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Hopfrog

I know people like to joke about how politicians lie all of the time, but that is not really true. Sure, they do obfuscate and outright lie occasionally, but most will often tell you what they want to do and then try to do it.

So it is interesting to have a president who lies constantly and seems to live in another reality.

Oh, did I say interesting? I meant terrifying.

NeoXChaos

Cockring's probably not going to stick around for much longer after the things he had to do to win his primary against McDaniel. His voter base in that race wasn't quite as bipartisan as Murkowski currently works with, but he still needed a lot of Dems (I was almost one if I didn't have work on E-Day) to push him over the edge. I don't think that's a tenable situation at all, and he runs the risk of losing that primary eventually because playing to that bipartisan base will piss off the crazies even more.

you think he runs again? I assumed he was going to retire.

NeoXChaos

I think he'll retire. He'll be 85 and there will definitely be a primary challenger to deal with.

why is McDaniel challenging Wicker when he can just wait to see if Cochran retires? unless he thinks he can't win a R primary in an open race, beat Cochran again if he runs or Wicker is easier.

Maxim726X

I find it amazing that the GOP spent all this valuable time on repealing Obamacare instead of focusing on tax reform before 9/30.

So... Won't any major reform need 60 votes? And since it's almost guaranteed that this new bill will have huge tax concessions to corporations and the rich, will it get any Democratic support at all?

Can someone help me figure this out I've been staring at it forever

Nope, got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom