• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyle

Sadly i could see them pushing it up the furthest its been since the early 80s in light of this year's events.

Where's it at now?

Two and a half minutes to midnight, the closest it's been since 1953, and it was last updated January 25th. http://thebulletin.org/timeline

They normally only update it once per year, but I feel like this year will be different. This statement from the press release is particularly ominous/telling given everything that's happened since,

It is two and a half minutes to midnight, the Clock is ticking, global danger looms. Wise public officials should act immediately, guiding humanity away from the brink. If they do not, wise citizens must step forward and lead the way.

Teggy

That assumes people will come around on their own, is the thing. It's a fact of life (see what I did there? :p )... Sorry. It's a fact of life that critical thinking skills aren't what they used to be, which isn't necessarily the person involved's fault, but is a serious problem that affects everyone.

Well, no, I mean them never figuring it out is a distinct possibility. Which is also why you shouldn't waste your precious time on them.

A more likely scenario is they get called out on it by their friends and get embarrassed.

In regards to other things - Trump could basically send the stock market dropping with an idiotic comment like that.

"New leadership!" cries someone who's been in the House for almost fifteen years and also hails from liberal Gomorrah California.

I wish these fools would just drop the "for the good of the party" shtick and admit their grievances basically amount to, "But it's my turn!"

"New leadership!" cries someone who's been in the House for almost fifteen years and also hails from liberal Gomorrah California.

I wish these fools would just drop the "for the good of the party" shtick and admit their grievances basically amount to, "But it's my turn!"

And they never have replacement suggestions.

Just let's get rid of Pelosi.... and then whatever we'll see

Teggy

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
·
Oct 4
3% of Americans own 50% of the guns. 78% of Americans don't own a gun.

Why don't the 78% of Americans form a National Gun Control Association? Think how much money could be raised with some small per person dues.

Trump is a coward in heart; if he tries to start a war and the backlash is extremely bad he'll do whatever to get himself out of the whole he dug.

One of the biggest problems the administration has is communication. He does things without talking to the people he needs to and make decisions they have no idea about. He doesn't really set strategies and give directions on what to communicate. The whole administration barely communicate with itself.

Everyone in the administration is going to have a very hard time of effectively communicating the justification of the war, the strategy, and the goals. Trump himself won't take responsibility.

Trump is a coward in heart; if he tries to start a war and the backlash is extremely bad he'll do whatever to get himself out of the hole he dug.

You're talking about a guy that blamed an entire island for getting hit with a natural disaster.

If it goes poorly (and it will), he will blame everyone and everything.

And they never have replacement suggestions.

Just let's get rid of Pelosi.... and then whatever we'll see

Almost fifteen years and still got the gorls pressedT.

Slay, San Francisco queen.

"Stop the 'yaaaas queen' shit!" say the totally-not-homophobic "liberals" who absolve white people of their racism but always seem to criticize minorities (i.e., Tim Ryan's constituency).

Kinda missed this, still insane:

Alan Rappeport‏Verified account @arappeport 11h11 hours ago
More
Ivana Trump tells CBS that POTUS offered her the ambassadorship to Czech Republic. Trump said, "'Ivana, if you want it, I give it to you.’”

Ogodei

Kinda missed this, still insane:

Meh, as far as ambassadorships go this is pretty par for the course. Says more about how fucked our standards for ambassadors are.

Edit: Sanchez is a more important person to listen to if she's talking about replacing Pelosi. She's got some decent positions in the hierarchy compared to Ryan, Moulton, or that woman from New York who is always ragging on her.

aTTckr

GAF, I need help.

My mom is not a Trumpster at all, and yet she still buys into the Fake News phenomenon. I just had a decently-sized fight with her about this where such classic gems as "not everyone agrees with you on what is a fact" and "but Trump calls CNN Fake News, so who decides what is real news?" were thrown out.

Let me give a bit of context: my mom is one of those people that thinks, if you have an opinion, that's the end of the discussion.

How do I deal with this?

Honestly these situatuons produce kind of a dilemma, but the desire to uphold family bonds is a reason why Trump (or Front National or AFD) can get elected. The people who vote for these candidates or parties are so abhorrent and morally rotten to their core, that if you keep up communications with them (even if they are your parents or close relatives!) you are part of the problem. These people should be shunned by any decent person and only allowed back (if at all) into civil society if they publicly ask for forgiveness and promise wholeheartedly that they will never do such a thing again. This defending of truly evil people has to stop if we want avoid candidates likes Trump again.

There is a reason why a disgusting, evil party that achieved around 40% of the vote once upon a time and lead to the death of millions never got over the 5% hurdle until its members were again accepted by society in recent years...

@realDonaldTrump
Ralph Northam,who is running for Governor of Virginia,is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities. Vote Ed Gillespie!

Just gave $10 to Northam.

Naughty Northam

Amnesty Ralph

Meh, as far as ambassadorships go this is pretty par for the course. Says more about how fucked our standards for ambassadors are.

Edit: Sanchez is a more important person to listen to if she's talking about replacing Pelosi. She's got some decent positions in the hierarchy compared to Ryan, Moulton, or that woman from New York who is always ragging on her.

She offered no one.

Just said Pelosi needs to go

Ogodei

I actually heard that MS-13 radio ad on the drive home today. Why the fuck they're airing that in NoVA i'm not sure (though the radio station seems to be based out of Tyson's, so would reach into redder areas west and south of the beltway)

Who is Ms-13

Is that's Kingdom Hearts thing

Nomura would name a heartless or soulnaught or whatever Ms. 13.

MS-13 is a large scale South/Central American gang. I helped a victim of theirs get Asylum in the US while I was in law school. If Sanctuary Cities didn't exist, I have zero doubts she'd be dead by now.

I think we get another firing or resignation tomorrow. Not just because it happens every Friday, but because it seems like half the cabinet actively hates the President right now.

Northam wins VA by 12%!

Fat Stuff deletes support tweets again! Sad!

Today has been very.... eye opening... on many fronts.

Yeah, alot of shit entered the light that we "knew" but didn't KNEW knew.

So, I remember back to the DoD was taken off Kaspersky back in June and the recommendation for the rest of the federal government to be off it. Now we know why.

Also, FUCK YEAH at all the alt-right scumbags getting exposed, along with the Mercer brood, all when their scumbag buddies are trying to fund GOP candidates, AND connections to GamerGate.

Some of it is great news, some of it was ugly, some of it was terrifying, but we know more, and that's a good thing.

Zolo

I always find it funny how all the people that stan for Trump in his tweets are always accounts like 'Trumpism' or something.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Is it just me or did the world get immediately worse once the hurricanes passed and Trump re-entered the news? I went from existential sadness to existential dread in the span of a few days.

2. Or are things actually heating up, getting worse, getting more dangerous? The Tillerson thing, North Korea, Puerto Rico, Vegas, Kelly, the Senate Intelligence hearing, the Mueller Case heating up, the Facebook stuff coming to light... I dunno. I think the squeeze is on Trump tighter than ever before. Feel like the next few weeks are going to be a real test of humanity.

People talk about leaking the Pee Pee tape but at this point would it even matter? At this point, I see the same people saying "fake news", "Soros made the tape", "Libtard conspiracy", etc. if that leaks. These people are only further polarizing and jumping down the rabbit hole. I don't think they will ever recognize or acknowledge any perceived slight. Instead they are only going to continue digging their nails into the ground.

I think we get another firing or resignation tomorrow. Not just because it happens every Friday, but because it seems like half the cabinet actively hates the President right now.
I dislike and don't agree with Trump's staff on issues. Keep in mind Kelly and Tillerson saw no issues with Trump's initial immigration bans. With all of that said, I will respect that they are the only reasons the country is currently staying afloat.

Pixieking

Banned
People talk about leaking the Pee Pee tape but at this point would it even matter? At this point, I see the same people saying "fake news", "Soros made the tape", "Libtard conspiracy", etc. if that leaks. These people are only further polarizing and jumping down the rabbit hole. I don't think they will ever recognize or acknowledge any perceived slight. Instead they are only going to continue digging their nails into the ground.

If the pee-tape is real, I fully expect it to shift that fetish into the mainstream, 50 Shades-style. Because that's far more likely than it embarassing/bringing-down Trump, or embarassing Trump supporters.

the pee pee tape is just so weirdly trumpian and specific that it would instantly confirm everything in that dossier to be true.

i see it more as a conformation than anything else.

If the tape is real, like two people in the world have access to it. We’d sooner see everything else in the dossier confirmed, at which point the tape would just seem quaint.

I dislike and don't agree with Trump's staff on issues. Keep in mind Kelly and Tillerson saw no issues with Trump's initial immigration bans. With all of that said, I will respect that they are the only reasons the country is currently staying afloat.

T-Rex is up to his eyeballs in shifty behavior with Russians. I still say his ass is a fellow Russian agent that either operates independantly of Fat Stuff or is there to keep tabs on him and keep him "on task" as it were. That's what makes all these whispers about "suicide pacts" and "holding against the chaos" so...unfamiliar for a better word. That shouldn't make sense coming from such disparate people.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The pee pee tape would be emasculating so it would probably matter.
He is not getting peed on in the alleged tape. He is commanding the hookers to pee on a bed that the Obama’s slept in.

I don’t see how a racist / sexist power trip is emasculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom