• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Do You Have a PS5 (or want one)?

Do you have a PS5 or still want one but haven't been able to get? Or not want one at all?

• I own a PS5. I got mine.

Votes: 351 66.0%
  • I want one, but I haven't been able to get one yet.

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • I'm not looking now, but I may get one in the next couple of years.

Votes: 94 17.7%
  • I don't want a PS5 at all. Bah!

Votes: 61 11.5%

• Total voters

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Exactly what happened to me. My GPU isn't faulty beyond the fact that it's a meager 1060 (lol) but even if the card prices weren't insane I would have had to upgrade everything else (mobo, new CPU etc) too. My system is nice and stable and plays most titles that demand a PC well enough (FPS, RTS) so just getting an Xbox as a complement to my existing PC was really attractive.

It's actually even better than I thought, last night I was playing Quake on Gamepass, with a mouse. I didn't expect this to happen but I'm finding 90% of my play time on Xbox now.

PS5, yeah I'll wait for the revision lol. The hardware is a gaudy monstrosity and I can wait on the exclusives it does have so far. In fact, I bought PS4 Pro when the PS5 was revealed. I made the decision back then to just get a Pro and wait for the next version.
My geforce 2070 s has suffered from overheating for many months (has been down locked) and had no money to get it done (would've cost 1/3 of the price of a GPU)

However I can get xbox series x with GPU for 30 bucks a month for 2 years,which is a lot cheaper than 120 euro for a repair (which doesn't guarantee it gets fixed).

It makes graphical glitches and looks like shit, and id rather pay 720 euro over 2 years, than pay 600 euro for a new GPU right here and now.

As someone already on Ggame pass ultimate it's a no brainer.

Humdinger

The most surprising thing is how many people have PS5s here. These things are so God damn elusive and yet over 59 people have them

112 now. [edit: 165 now] PS5's are pretty easy to get now. If you want one, you can have it. Most places.

GT7, ratchet and clank, ghost of tsushima and days gone have taken up a ton of my time lately.

Yeah, I've got that one loaded up. And also Horizon Forbidden West and Spider-Man Miles Morales. I'll get Ratchet and Clank, too. Might get Last of Us 2 at $20 (it's on sale).

Days Gone is a fun game. I liked that one.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Who doesn't want a PS5? Like seriously?
hand up matt leblanc GIF by CBS

Pejo

I have a PS5, was lucky enough that a friend snagged an extra at launch and sold it to me at cost. To this day, I've only played 2 games on it, Demon's Souls remake and Genshin Impact.

I haven't powered it on in nearly 2 months.

The_Mike

Why? I understand money being tight, etc but you don't WANT ONE? How come?

It's not surprising that I won't, as I don't find sonys exclusives interesting.

Truth be told, I'm not really interested in the Xbox either, but plan on getting one (SX) because my GPU is faulty and don't want to pay these prices for the GPUs.

The prices are still unaffected in my country, and for someone that doesn't have much fun money then xbox all access makes sense because I am having game pass ultimate anyway.
Tl: Dr - don't care about their exclusives so have no need for it when having a PC.
The same can be said about the series x, but as said with a defective GPU and the all access deal makes it more interesting for me. Plus there's often cross progression and buy between xbox and pc.
If I had a fully functional GPU I wouldn't be interested in neither.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Love my PS5 because it’s whisper quiet and backwards compatible.

Now, add PS1, PS2, and PS3 disc based compatibility and it’ll be the perfect PlayStation.
There is no way to play original Dark SOuls 2 on it. Onyl sotfs edition.
Once they fix that, it will be goty

MScarpa

Tl: Dr - don't care about their exclusives so have no need for it when having a PC.
The same can be said about the series x, but as said with a defective GPU and the all access deal makes it more interesting for me. Plus there's often cross progression and buy between xbox and pc.
If I had a fully functional GPU I wouldn't be interested in neither.
To each their own I guess. You must have a specific type of games you're into.

The_Mike

To each their own I guess. You must have a specific type of games you're into.
Quite the opposite actually.

Not being interested in heavy story driven third person games really narrows it down.

It's my personal subjective opinion though. Sony does make great games, no doubt about it.

PS5 is only a must have for me when FF16 comes out next Summer. Even though it will come out to PC, I don't want to wait for YoshiP's masterpiece. I also really want to play Demon's Souls and God of War sequel, but something tells me those will come to PC too. Being a patient gamer makes buying games super cheap!

The Stig

112 now. PS5's are pretty easy to get now. If you want one, you can have it. Most places.

Yeah, I've got that one loaded up. And also Horizon Forbidden West and Spider-Man Miles Morales. I'll get Ratchet and Clank, too. Might get Last of Us 2 at $20 (it's on sale).

Days Gone is a fun game. I liked that one.
oh yes, miles morales is great and the ps5 upgraded version of spiderman was superb too

lukilladog

Ok? Are all PS games coming to PC now? I thought it took awhile for them to show up, and even then, it isn't all PS games is it? Just seems silly to not own a PS5, along with a PC and Switch and Xbox.

I don´t even have time to play all the games on my PC, why would I bother?. You are projecting.

Ps.- Not to mention I totally despise console subscription modes, pay to access online gaming (which is fundamentally a monthly royalty on the fucking network chip you already paid for, and their draconian DRM systems).

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I may eventually get one, but I am not looking right now. There is no game on the PS5 exclusively that I want.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Was unable to find one for many months but got one in the spring at a GameStop out in a rural county.

SenkiDala

To be honest it has never been hard to get a PS5, at least here in France, I got 3, 2 on day one and 1 later when I needed another one for someone. Sure it is boring not to be able to simply find one in any store, like it was before, but I don't understand why people keep talking about it like it's a rare thing or something... I mean they already sold more than 20 millions of machines, it's a quite good amount.

xrnzaaas

Bought mine about 5 months after launch. I wish I bought it on day1 so I'd have a better time playing Valhalla or Cyberpunk (even with all of its bugs).

PeteBull

I chose option- not looking now but will buy in 2 years- just shame u didnt give option of- im waiting for pro version coz thats myself and im sure many ppl are doing. As soon as we got official specs info it was very clear we gonna get pro version that is at least 2x stronger after 3-4 years, so waiting for it was no brainer :)

Kuranghi

I decided to buy one the night before launch, heard Amazon UK would drop the stock at 9am, so I got up at 8am and I had to press F5 every 20 seconds from 8:30am to around 2pm (switched to an auto refresher addon after about 90 mins) when they came in stock and I got one. I tried to buy a 2nd one for my friend but they were already gone, mad luck.

supernova8

Banned
I wanted one around launch but the combination of silly scalper pricing (I refuse to follow stock tracker twitter accounts etc.) and the lack of must-have games (sure Ratchet is cool but not sufficiently so) has meant I just don't really care anymore. Besides, I got a Switch OLED last year and have been playing it quite a lot. Realized I like looking at pretty visuals but when it comes to actually playing games, I'll take fun/interesting gameplay over visuals any day.

If some sort of 4K Switch (ie just what I have but it plays all current and future Switch games in native 4K or close (1440p) via DLSS/upscaling or something, no other gimmicks thanks) happens to come out before PS5s are readily available on store shelves, I would probably get that instead. Maybe around 2024/2025 we'll see some woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah next-geeeeeeeeen games but even in 2023 it doesn't seem like there's very much on the .... horizon.

Therefore I went with "I'm not looking now, but I may get one in the next couple of years"

Last edited:

Dorago

I was excited when it first came out but the lack of availability has crushed that. I have never seen one on the store shelves and the hoops you still need to jump through to get one are abysmal. If there was a killer app none of this would matter but there is no game I'm excited about on the system. I don't like third person cinematic action games and even those are just getting remasters and multiplats right now. The only upcoming game I'm remotely interested in is FFXVI but the longer it takes to see any new footage the more I suspect it's vaporware and will NOT live up to the promise of the early trailers. I had a similar experience with the Switch BTW where it has a decent catalog of titles but there have been consistent hardware shortages in my are and once I stop being excited it's hard to get there again. Maybe this is just growing up?

I got 3 at launch. The longer this supply shortage goes, the more I think the 2 friends I got it for should be thanking me.
GameStop seems to be getting them pretty frequently now, but its a bundle with Horizon, a $70 gamestop gift card and maybe something else.

MScarpa

I don´t even have time to play all the games on my PC, why would I bother?. You are projecting.

Ps.- Not to mention I totally despise console subscription modes, pay to access online gaming (which is fundamentally a monthly royalty on the fucking network chip you already paid for, and their draconian DRM systems).
Ok, whatever makes you happy. No need to be rude.

Robb

Gold Member
I want one but I’m in no hurry to get one.

I’ll probably pick up the Ps5 Pro/Slim or whatever the next SKU they release is. Unless there’s some really neat special edition that releases before that.

BlackTron

My geforce 2070 s has suffered from overheating for many months (has been down locked) and had no money to get it done (would've cost 1/3 of the price of a GPU)

However I can get xbox series x with GPU for 30 bucks a month for 2 years,which is a lot cheaper than 120 euro for a repair (which doesn't guarantee it gets fixed).

It makes graphical glitches and looks like shit, and id rather pay 720 euro over 2 years, than pay 600 euro for a new GPU right here and now.

As someone already on Ggame pass ultimate it's a no brainer.
I did the Xbox All Access myself though I'll admit if I already had Gamepass it would not be quite as attractive to stack the subscription. But, still not bad. That sucks about your 2070.

I realized lately that Series X went way down and I even saw two used ones for $450 each from a real game store today. On ebay its even under 400 sometimes. I might get another for family soon at this rate.

DonF

I waited for the pro with the PS4, will wait for a refined model for the PS5 as well.

I got a PS4 day one, sold it to get a PS4 pro day one. Sold that PS4 pro at almost the same price that I got to get a PS5.
I plan to keep this trend. I take good care of my electronics.

Crayon

I got one the mornign it came out. Glad. I used my ps4 a good amount and it's basically a super ps4.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Honestly, anyone who REALLY wants one has one. I know, people here still say "I still can't find one", but are you REALLY trying? I don't think you have been trying that hard if you still don't have one after almost two years.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
with 4 pcs in my home (3070ti desktop, 3080ti desktop with ultrawide monitor, 3080ti Laptop and 3050/3070 gaming tablet) just cant see me using a ps5 any more.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Considering selling mine. I really enjoyed Demon Souls and Spiderman but I have barely touched the thing outside those 2 games and UFC 4. May rebuy the pro console if there’s more games I want.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Got mine through a freak occurrence at a Rent a Center. Costs a bit more than retail, but fuck it, a lot less than scalping prices.

Top Bottom