• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll - How and where you planning to buy and play Outerworlds?

Where you planning to play Outerworlds?

• XBOX ONE X via Game pass

• Windows store PC via Game pass

• PS4 for full 60$

• EPIC store for full 60$

• I will wait and buy it on sale.

• I will not Betray Lord Gabe. I will wait for Steam version

• Xbox one X but for full 60$ coz i can and i will.

• Windows store PC for full 60$ coz fuck subscription.

• Base Xbox one via Game pass ( Yes we do exist and still play on Fat Xbox one)

• Base Xbox one for full 60$ (coz i dunno what I'm doing and why im doing.. sigh)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kyubajin

Game looks very nice but with my ever increasing backlog, this one's a wait for sale type of business for me.

Lukin1978

Xbox one s via game pass I'm too cheap to buy an x and wouldn't buy one this close to launch of new system.

Windows Store no gamepass since it's not available in my country. Basically because I like achievements and also fuck Epic Store.

Vlightray

I feel very unsure about this game. It has had moments where it looked good and others not so much.
So I reckon wait this one out.

near

Gold Member
Epic Game Store for me. I could get it on PS4, but I'd rather play this on PC. I don't have an Xbox One. I'm also not a fan of the gaming subscription model, but I will use Xbox Game Pass in the future on PC (if it's stable) and only for games I want to try or I'm uncertain about.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
The game looks nice and looks difderent enough for me to want to try it.

^ Thats what I said about Rage 2 and got bored of it pretty quickly. So am not going to buy the game, just play it on GamePass on my One X or PC.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If it's on PC gamepass? Not even a debate. It'd be worth just paying for the month. Otherwise I'll wait for the Steam version.

Ombala

Pretty easy w8 for me, I'm not 100% sure it's that's amazing yet and it's not from a studio I trust without a doubt.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
With gamepass it is an easy X choice for me. If it ends up not my type it will be easy to fill that window with a backlog game.

quickwhips

haven't bought and x yet because new consoels on horizon and will probably buy switch for my son and i to play. So I will be playing on my OG xbox one with game pass.

Fbh

Will wait for impression.
If impressions are amazing I might consider buying a month or two of gamepass to play it.

Otherwise I'll wait for a Steam or, hopefully, GOG release

Humdinger

I said PS4 for $60, although I might wait for a sale. I don't play games on PC or own an Xbox, so that's really my only option, which is fine with me.

Last edited:

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
PC Game pass is the best option for me - That way I don't taint my PC with the Epic Store, and it's for free! (please don't destroy my youthful innocence with absolutely true and valid explanations as to why it isn't free)

LOLCats

Banned
Where is the “I dont even know what this game is” poll option.

Edit: looked it up. No mod support and no 3rd person. Ya.... that will be a hard no thank you.

Last edited:

splattered

Xbox one x. I have ultimate game pass for 3 years but only plan to use it for games I dont plan on buying. Anything else I would normally buy I will continue to do so. Though at the end of this generation I have finally shifted mostly to digital instead of physical.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Game pass for PC probably. I don’t (or very, very rarely) replay games. Buying a month if Gamepass or another download sub is a cheap and convenient way to “one and done” games.

Pallas

Buying it for the Xbox One X, physical edition preferred. If I’m buying it full price or not will depend, I haven’t planned to preordered it yet.

Mista

Banned
Since I already upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate then surely game pass. And like all other games, if I like it, I’ll buy it just for the support.

johntown

Banned
I voted to give gaben my money. I might wait for a sale but it really depends on how well the game is received. If it is received well then I will buy it as soon as it releases on steam. If not then I will be waiting for it to go on sale.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I'll wait for it to come out on Steam, and even then when I don't have any current games I'm playing. Basically back burner even after a year.

I'm curious if this game will become a big game in the modding community.

i never heard of this game.
or is it that weird overwatch game from e3

No, it's the Obsidian Sci-fi RPG game that looks like it's taken a little from Borderlands and looks to be pretty quirky. I'm super excited to play it but will need to wait a year for the Steam version. All the bugs should be worked out and the modding community should be in full swing by then too. While I'm waiting for a modable version I can play the game via Gamepass on PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom