• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBart

man, Frog Fractions 2 is fucking nuts
tumblr_mfpq0zOu7H1r9zdybo1_500.gif

sheamus

Yes. You could be a sociopath.

that's a bit far bro. in no way have i ever stated that Phil fish deserved to be a victim of a crime. but when someone is as toxic and narcissistic as fish is. sympathy for that person becomes more and more difficult.

MattyG

Banned
I think the people that did this are the scummiest of all the scum, but Phil isn't helping. He keeps tweeting that "this is your audience" and "this is video games". No its not, it's a small, vocal, malicious minority that probably doesn't represent even 10% of the gaming community. Stop the fucking generalizations.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it strange, that this kind of stuff only happens to 'Infamous' indie developers.

I mean a few days ago there was this Quinn event and now its Fish, both are completely unpredictable personalities who always have/had some kind of weird zealous against everyone on the net citing odd reasons.

KoopaTheCasual

Zoë ʻGRANOSʼ Quinn ‏@TheQuinnspiracy

this isn't about me. this was never about me. this is about entitlement of people on the lives of the creators of the things they consume.
People are so quick to rebuke the term "entitlement" but I don't know what else to call this. The fcking language on the site is that of a fcking manbaby.

RE_Player

I hate the situation as much as the next person but I can't stand the hyperbolic comments some people I follow are spewing on Twitter. This is is a terrible situation but you have to keep a level head and not blame the entire gaming community or industry from these events.

In the grand scheme of things this is two small groups in the video game world that are at odds with one another. I hope the issue gets resolved but this is hardly a time to blame "the internet".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the people that did this are the scummiest of all the scum, but Phil isn't helping. He keeps tweeting that "this is your audience" and "this is video games". No its not, it's a small, vocal, malicious minority that probably doesn't represent even 10% of the gaming community. Stop the fucking generalizations.

To be fair considering the tweet attacks he generally gets and this it probably feels like the whole world is against him.

Yeah I'm totally done with Sess.

Same here, as soon as he tweeted that "do good" thing with Zoe's Patreon.
"The industry isn't corrupt at all. By the way I'm in a bar with Zoe right now, you should totally give her money!"

Oh well. Can't wait to see if anything comes of this, if/when the suspect(s?) are caught.

AHA-Lambda

Adam Sessler ‏@AdamSessler 4h

I'm sitting in a bar with Zoe watching these hack attempts going down live. Don't be fooled, this is a war on indie devs. Enable 2-step.

After all that has happened why is she hanging around with more games journalists?

I'm not trying to stir up stuff it just seems a strange move :/

Well, this is the was the end game result of /v/'s hateboner over "SJWs", huh? I'm so glad I stop going to that shithole months ago. Never change, GAF. No, scratch that, always strive to better yourself as gaming community.

Isn't it strange, that this kind of stuff only happens to 'Infamous' indie developers.

I mean a few days ago there was this Quinn event and now its Fish, both are completely unpredictable personalities who always have/had some kind of weird zealous against everyone on the net citing odd reasons.

Because being unreasonable on Twitter justifies having your bank information posted publicly. Come on man.

I'm sitting in a bar with Zoe watching these hack attempts going down live. Don't be fooled, this is a war on indie devs. Enable 2-step.

> Phil Fish, a guy who is pretty much universally disliked in certain circles, takes a stand on a topic that caused a shitstorm in the same circles
> some guy doxxes Phil Fish
> it's a war on indei devs

I hate the situation as much as the next person but I can't stand the hyperbolic comments some people I follow are spewing on Twitter. This is is a terrible situation but you have to keep a level head and not blame the entire gaming community or industry from these events.

In the grand scheme of things this is two small groups in the video game world that are at odds with one another. I hope the issue gets resolved but this is hardly a time to blame "the internet".

Yup, makes it very hard to sympathize with them, and honestly, everyone saying those hyperbolic statements are loosing all credibility in my eyes, so I guess this is a good way to filter them oug. I hate those generalizations, but that's just me.

Sessler been on that zero cred list for a long time now.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Online anonymity is a double edged sword. It allows for a great deal of abuse and deflection of any sort of accountability. But it also allows for true, unfiltered discussion.

Yes, if everyone was forced to use their real name all the time, it would prevent people's personal info from being revealed against their will. Wat.

Hato-kun

Eh, it was saying that stuff earlier this week. He has been tweeting really stupid shit non-stop for like a week or more.

I've really only seen him talk about Ferguson recently. It doesn't make it any better though. People suck and extremist gamers sucks.

Unfreakingbelievable. If I was Phil Fish I would be done with this industry forever.

Why not release the names addresses and bank accounts of ISIS members and do the world some good instead of ruining someone's life that makes video games?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
After all that has happened why is she hanging around with more games journalists?

I'm not trying to stir up stuff it just seems a strange move :/

Well, idiots on the internet shouldn't dictate how you live your life or who you hang out with. Then you let them win.

I... don't understand why they're sitting in a bar watching it happen, instead of at their home or workplaces, changing secure passwords and sending messages to their professional contacts (Valve, Sony, MS, etc) that secure keys that were provided to them may be in danger or leaked.

I assume they wouldn't do that over the bar's WiFi.

Is it a case of "they've decided to let it happen"? "Nothing more they can do"? "Scared to go home"? I'm not mocking at all, just confused.

Edit: Apparently the tweet may have been more than 4 hours old when it was posted. Assumed it had recently been copy-pasted.

Been on /v/ the last two days and today, even. Sessler Tweeted a photo of himself and Quinn at the bar browsing 4chan to berate them. Saying he was watching Zoe get hacked live... Whatever that means. /v/ went nuts and was trying to talk to Sessler and everything... But they were mostly making jokes about how Zoe was getting "hacked" right in front of Sessler's eyes.
No one on /v/ talked about or eluded to this hack. Their whole end-game was to raise 10K for their charity and run an ad or something.
This just appears to be bait from someone other than /v/ in order to discredit /v/.

No one calls it "/V/", no mods talk on /v/ like this. Hell, mods don't ever post. /v/ can barely have threads related to gaming without it devolving into nonsense.

There was no discussion on this on /v/. Could a group on /v/ have done this in secret? Yes, but they do not represent the majority of /v/'s opinions. Heck, go there now and look. Even they can't believe it.

This feels like a blatant attempt to ruin everything /v/ has tried to do these past few days. Whether or not what they've done these past few days is beneficial at all is another topic entirely...

Berate me if you must, but looking at this page and lurking on /v/ the past few days this just screams "bait" to me. Just go take a look over at /v/ for this though before you pass judgement. They're extremely confused.

Phil was hacked. Was it /v/? Perhaps or maybe it was someone else claiming to be /v/.

Just seems slightly convenient that they're able to hack Polytron, post all that information, but still leave Phil Fish access to his personal Twitter.
It's terrible this happened to Phil. No one deserves this information posted. But that whole website just screams "bait people into believing /v/ did this" to me. Maybe that was /v/'s goal, but it makes more sense that there's another party involved in this... idk. Maybe these hackers on /v/ really are that dumb. It just looks incredibly unlikely.

Just my $.02.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Oh, Sess. 2-Step doesn't' always work either. Anyone who has watched Season 2 of House of Cards know that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom