• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-12| Welcome To The Mad House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
BBC Radio1 are playing Lemonade in its entirety without any interruptions in a bit
are you allowed to just play an album full like that?
her power though

Majmun

BBC Radio1 are playing Lemonade in its entirety without any interruptions in a bit
are you allowed to just play an album full like that?
her power though

Reminds me when MTV aired Baby Boy non-stop for an hour back in the day.

Her POWER indeed.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
every bey tack in the top 40 (us itunes)
5 of the top 10 including 4 of the top 5

Majmun

bvCULt5.png

slay

Servbot24

Banned
Do you see literally anyone talking about 25? 1989? Meanwhile you still got peopld talking about ANTi and Self-Titled and now Lemonade.

I hear more about 1989 than Anti even today, and Anti came out just a couple months ago.

Beyonce and Taylor on top where sales meets quality

Adele continues to be Folgers. The dad bod of pop.

rhandino

Banned
Adele is like Minecraft. Sells a lot and keeps on selling, but no one talks about it.

Beyoncé is something like The Last of Us or Half-Life 2. Something special.

Rihanna is Call of Duty. Always a hit.

Britney is Tony Hawk's Pro skater. The decline is real.
I screamed.

Matt_

why are people comparing 1989 to anti and work?
1989 is a year and a half old in two days
anti is three months old and has had three singles and videos in that time, it should be more talked about

why are people comparing 1989 to anti and work?
1989 is a year and a half old in two days
anti is three months old and has had three singles and videos in that time, it should be more talked about

Yeah, I was going to say this. There is a reason why each album was talked about a lot in their respective times. So of course anti and Lemonade is going to be talked about the same way 25 and 1989 was.

Also seeing as both have similar fanbase (Taylor and Adele) it really doesn't surprise me that they have the privilege to sell over 1 million at a time.. Of course having a large white audience will do that.

Majmun

Itunes top 10 consists out of 7 Lemonade songs
The whole album is in the Top 30 singles
Album #1
Metacritic 94 score

The utter slayage after almost 20 years in the business.

Majmun

And both are similarly boring.

I still don't get how someone as basic at Taylor can be so successful. Adele at least has her voice.

The Flop

Banned
Itunes top 10 consists out of 7 Lemonade songs
The whole album is in the Top 30 singles
Album #1
Metacritic 94 score

The utter slayage after almost 20 years in the business.

My Body wasn't ready this album just keeps delivering with each listen.
sPGacKd.gif

The poor hews who don't have the coins to by the full album, just b/c of the visual aspect of it.
Anthem1.gif

They need to put in that work and give them to the queen.
Anthem6.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Yeah, I was going to say this. There is a reason why each album was talked about a lot in their respective times. So of course anti and Lemonade is going to be talked about the same way 25 and 1989 was.

Also seeing as both have similar fanbase (Taylor and Adele) it really doesn't surprise me that they have the privilege to sell over 1 million at a time.. Of course having a large white audience will do that.
What a way to make less of Taylor and Adele success to make it all about race >.<

the fact that Lemonade is about Beyonce and how much J*y-Z cheating on her hurt her and how much it took to heal but she's giving him a second chance because she believes in their love and she believes she can change him.

that ugly ass rat does NOT deserve someone like her.
post-68802-kim-kardashian-crying-gif-imgu-rCDj.gif

Floridian

Billboard top 10
1. Desiigner - Panda
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Drake ft Wizkid,Kyla - One Dance
4. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
5. Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
6. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
7. Meghan Trainor - NO
8. Zayn - Pillowtalk
9. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
10. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I

Rih is over!!!@!

The Flop

Banned
the fact that Lemonade is about Beyonce and how much J*y-Z cheating on her hurt her and how much it took to heal but she's giving him a second chance because she believes in their love and she believes she can change him.

that ugly ass rat does NOT deserve someone like her.
[M IG]http://img.pandawhale.com/post-68802-kim-kardashian-crying-gif-imgu-rCDj.gif[/IMG]

Can we not give the [R E D A C T E D]s (and their lack of talent) any publicity please.

Delete it fat.

The Flop

Banned
BB top 10
1. Desiigner - Panda
2. Lukas Graham - 7 Years
3. Drake ft Wizkid,Kyla - One Dance
4. Rihanna ft Drake - Work
5. Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
6. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
7. Meghan Trainor - NO
8. Zayn - Pillowtalk
9. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
10. G-Eazy ft Bebe Rehxa - Me, Myself & I

Rih is over!!!@!

Fucking Panda... But new Peak for Fifth Harmony! (Probably will be their highest, with the influx of other songs, still hoping for a top 5 peak :)

Yeah I don't mean it like they're as good or groundbreaking as those albums because they're nowhere near that. Just the two top women in the game putting out their most left field work to date around the same time.

As ubiquitous as Rihanna is it's interesting to me how Beyonce gets a specific type of treatment. She gets a certain level of respect that none of the other major pop acts seem to receive. It's like she's the only contemporary who declaratively decides to shift our culture and everyone's on board with it. A pop hater may still call Rihanna a "guilty pleasure" in 2016 but they'd openly profess admiration for Bey. There's a big difference there.

What a way to make less of Taylor and Adele success to make it all about race >.<

Let's not make it seem like having a huge audience that can appeal and relate to you is not a buff in all aspects. I'm not saying that them being white ultimately is what brings them higher numbers... But it's no secret that Beyoncé and Rihanna's brand isn't exactly welcoming to a lot of people. That's a fact and a reality. Take it how you want.

But they are all Queens so I'm not hating or even trying to take away from that. Beyonce is big enough to bend those rules because she is such a respected artist but there are still those things that she can't beat. I'm just happy she isn't an artist who is always looking for that validation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom