• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Dua Lipa came on Beats 1 today and I was lightly wigged. Who is ha.

sx8NP0s.gif

Mau ®

I've been Dua Lipa free all this time. Guess I'll check out her album.

I mean, I know she was up and coming and shit within the pop sphere but I never cared about it.

botty

Banned
A benefit concert?

gerl has the BEST handlers

She deserves all her success tbh, I can't knock the hustle of a flawless PR team

Not to downplay the fact that it's also just fucking brave to go back there as a total F-U to the terrorist scum, slay mama

Stan talent.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;238759350 said:
I've been Dua Lipa free all this time. Guess I'll check out her album.

I mean, I know she was up and coming and shit within the pop sphere but I never cared about it.

She has a nice voice and she can do some catchy tracks. The Miguel track is kinda pedestrian but still not terrible so I guess she has potential to put out a decent album.
Stan talent.
TBH I use her last album.

Vazduh

From ONTD:

Iggy Azalea recently debuted her new single "Switch" with Brazilian singer Anitta. They performed it on Jimmy Fallon, and Anitta only walked in to sing her (few) lines and left the stage. Being the batshit crazy exceptionally dedicated fans that they are, Brazilians were upset Anitta didn't have much to do for the performance, so they started flooding Iggy's comment section on IG complaining about it.

Iggy ended up deleting all her pictures with Anitta, which obviously hasn't stopped the brazilians since they're still commenting on a bunch of other pictures of her.

Anitta, on the other hand, said there are no hard feelings whatsoever, calling Iggy a very generous and helpful person.

So basically, Iggy just obliterated her chances with the only fanbase that actively supported her. If the Brazilians don't want you anymore, you're done.

Also, those leaked tracks from Digital Distortion (posted on Josepvinaixa) kinda suck.

DANVR18.gif

Vazra

Little Mons†er;238790505 said:
Poor Iggy

From one of the best timeless songs of Fancy to Switch...

Now THAT is what you call a FAD!

DANVR18.gif

The funny thing is that people only know Charli XCX part of the song and not a single word of Iggy stuff. The "First things first I'm the realest" maybe because an extremely short lived meme happened but thats about it.

Mill0

Neo Member
Iggy keeps flopping everywhere, her team must be arranging a latin america tour as flopping acts normally do.
Since she has beef with Britney and Anitta, she can definitely count Brazil OUT of her plans for that extra coin (good luck booking that stage you speak of tea).
---
Unknown rapper gunning for that late night blunt crowd. Bawp.
https://youtu.be/Tg9sEZNkjDU

jSAevuz.gif

The funny thing is that people only know Charli XCX part of the song and not a single word of Iggy stuff. The "First things first I'm the realest" maybe because an extremely short lived meme happened but thats about it.

i think the whole I-G-G-Y thing is quite memorable tbh, I remember everyone back at school chanting that (disgustingly) and also ha "who dat, who dat?"

who dat indeed iggy

1y4tIuWCABzUc.gif

DOWN

Banned
the Charli stuff was memorable but anecdotally in my college classes that summer, people did know a bunch of the Iggy lines lines like the "can't shop at no department" and "who dat" and "in here with some change to throw" whenever the song got discussed so I feel like that was Iggy's catchiest moment as well. That song is fantastically paced and laid out for both artists on it imo

WonderzL

Banned
From ONTD:

So basically, Iggy just obliterated her chances with the only fanbase that actively supported her. If the Brazilians don't want you anymore, you're done.

Also, those leaked tracks from Digital Distortion (posted on Josepvinaixa) kinda suck.

DANVR18.gif

MEANWHILE go give some youtube coins to anitta

the Charli stuff was memorable but anecdotally in my college classes that summer, people did know a bunch of the Iggy lines lines like the "can't shop at no department" and "who dat" and "in here with some change to throw" whenever the song got discussed so I feel like that was Iggy's catchiest moment as well. That song is fantastically paced and laid out for both artists on it imo

agreed. I hate Iggy but that music is iconic

Vazra

Listening to Iggy new album and wishing I had alcohol to properly write a review for it. So far the best thing I can say is that like the first album I like some of the production.

DOWN

Banned
WOW the way the teenage dream singles shit on the HITLESS singles
I mean, that album is interesting in that the producers and Katy were open about just basically trying to gather as many super singles as they could on the album. Usually albums have some sort of unifying theme or mood or thought concept just based on what the singer is feeling or writing about lately. But that album was Katy saying "lemme go break records" so it is just full of smashes that most pop stars would have killed for. And damn did Katy become a dominating star on the radio in that era.

Vazra

Yeah. If it were that good, the label wouldn't have postponed it to infinity and back.

There are the factors of her singles flopping and the label trying to see what might work for her in the end which will continue on endless delays until they give up and output a shit album anyway without much promo besides whatever promo Iggy herself decides to make. At this point the label should just drop the album and work on the deal they have as quickly and move on.

Meowster

I'm honored to be able to offer words of enthusiasm, encouragement, and strength, in support of Pride and all of my friends in the LBGTQ community. I've always said that music is a language that has no barriers, and it's also true that love is an emotion that has no barriers. I've been fortunate to be surrounded by so many beautiful people from the LGBTQ community throughout my entire career... from talented performers, musicians, producers and songwriters, to colleagues who have contributed significantly to my success, and last but not least, to so many of my loyal fans who have stood by me, in the name of love.

All of you have made such a positive impact on my life, and I hope and pray that our world will continue to better understand that acceptance and tolerance are virtues that we can never have enough of. For now, I join each and every one of you in this year's celebration of Pride, sending you all my love and wishing you peace and happiness today, tomorrow... and well beyond.
Britney and Céline.

cry.gif

rhandino

Banned
It's their chance now since Camila's single kinda flopped.
"Kinda flopped" is a bit of a understatement.

At this point I only want that the Hews new effort to smash only to see how CaCa team is going to spin THAT one.

I am ready for this real life version of Perfect Blue.

DOWN

Banned
Britney and Céline.

cry.gif
I love Britney and she was cute as heck on stage in Vegas but when she tries to smile, her face being frozen from her upper lip to her forehead is a little unnerving. Her smile is like this dead, wide Botox strain.

Nonetheless, it's nice seeing all the letters today. Alene Gomez and some others did them too.

Mill0

Neo Member
New Lorde song

200.gif

She's a clear example of an artist that took far too long between albums (a Nelly Furtado tea)
It's a shame cause I really enjoyed her first album, but so far; only Homemade Dynamite caught my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom