• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had one of those moments like Link does in Breath of the Wild where he remembers his memories. War flashbacks, really.

Yass, reminisce!

giphy.gif

I love how she really took the time to explain what she was about to do.

Ha assertiveness is inspiring.

rhandino

Banned
Israel reschedules election because it clashes with Britney Spears concert

Britney is performing in Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park for the first time ever on July 3 – so it's clearly a big deal.

So much so that the country's Labour Party, which was due to vote for its new leader on that day, has ended up changing the date.

A party spokesperson told the Times of Israel that, because of the concert, there had been ‘a difficulty in recruiting security guards' for the election.
Eeek! at the faded Princess of Pop disrupting the democratic process on the middle east.

May the Holy Spearit bless their souls, I guess.

IT0peAb.gif

The hot one from the 5thHarmony that left the group to pursue a solo career without any kind of talent beyond her looks and Instagram which means that she has a high chance to make it big

ugh if the future of pop rests on some x factor reject then I am ouT

also LOL at Selena Grossmez staying as an Instagram model. sad that is the only way to remain relevant isn't it?

aVDskRW.gif

The Flop

Banned
Little Mons†er;233416582 said:
ugh if the future of pop rests on some x factor reject then I am ouT

also LOL at Selena Grossmez staying as an Instagram model. sad that is the only way to remain relevant isn't it?

aVDskRW.gif

You better be ready to hit EJECT then. :p

While listening to Born This Way (the album) today, I noticed how almost every single chorus begins with an 'I' statement or something similar:

I'm gonna marry the night
I'm beautiful in my way
I'm gonna drink my tears tonight
I'm just a holy fool
I don't speak your language
I've had enough, this is my prayer
I wish I could dance on a single prayer
I won't cry for you
I'm a bad kid
I'm seeing all the signs from above
We can be strong x2
I can be the queen that's inside of me
I'm on the edge of glory

Only 3 out of the 17 songs don't follow the format. I suppose the motif works with the whole "self empowerment" angle but damn, talk about having a writing method. lol

While listening to Born This Way (the album) today, I noticed how almost every single chorus begins with an 'I' statement or something similar:

I'm gonna marry the night
I'm beautiful in my way
I'm gonna drink my tears tonight
I'm just a holy fool
I don't speak your language
I've had enough, this is my prayer
I wish I could dance on a single prayer
I won't cry for you
I'm a bad kid
I'm seeing all the signs from above
We can be strong x2
I can be the queen that's inside of me
I'm on the edge of glory

Only 3 out of the 17 songs don't follow the format. I suppose the motif works with the whole "self empowerment" angle but damn, talk about having a writing method. lol
I was listening to BTW today too and it's amazing how she went from that level of lyricism to joanne.

Sad really.

god I wish Lana would stop trying to do promo this era and just release new songs from Lust For Life already

you leak like a faucet anyway sis stop trying it and just bless me with your music!!
giphy.gif

Lol Born This Way is her sloppiest songwriting by far. Doesn't matter tho coz everything else is so *pristine*

Bye

Born This Way is amazing, lyrically too! If anything, ARTPOP is ha best in terms of lyrics. The complexity of those lyrics make a case for it. The fact that she got a top 5 hit with lyrics like;

i stand here waiting for you to bang the gong... one second I'm a Koons then suddenly the Koons is me

Joanne is basic lyrical trash.

giphy.gif

But ARTPOP's lyrics reign supreme

When will Madonna release a new album?

Stop adopting kids and go to work, bitch!

I only want another one when she - A, learns how to sing properly in the studio again, B, works closely with one producer for the entire record, and C, crafts her own sound like she used to, instead of trying to keep up with the lesser hews.

aVDskRW.gif

rhandino

Banned
I only want another one when she - A, learns how to sing properly in the studio again, B, works closely with one producer for the entire record, and C, crafts her own sound like she used to, instead of trying to keep up with the lesser hews.

aVDskRW.gif
I dont think this was a problem tbh

I mean, Rebel Heart has a LOT of good producers and other talent poured into it but for some reason instead of going forward they all went 'You know what? 2014-2015 was awesome! Lets just do that again' which coupled with the songs being more or less tributes to Madonna past glory... yeah.

No wonder people felt tired of it and wondered why she didnt trim the fat out of it.
Bitch, Im Madonna should have never seen the light of day tbqh

EDIT: Oh, but I agrih with the rest of your post.

Frodo

aVDskRW.gif

I agree with all 3 stances, but I'm willing to give stance B some leeway.

I hope she stops chasing trends. That clearly isn't working for her and it is past time she stops that. That being said, it is always an event when she does something, so just releasing an album would be fun.

Little Mons†er;233455489 said:
Throwing shadé at the ones who cancelled their sponsorship for ha revolutionary Like a Prayer video

Qween

aVDskRW.gif

And she still got to keep ha 5 million!

giphy.gif

I agree with all 3 stances, but I'm willing to give stance B some leeway.

I hope she stops chasing trends. That clearly isn't working for her and it is past time she stops that. That being said, it is always an event when she does something, so just releasing an album would be fun.

Yeah, the Rebel Heart era was pretty great, aside from the actual music.

rhandino

Banned
It's kind of amazing how Madonna was shunned and criticized to hell and back for the Like a Prayer vid and a few decades later she is performing it live during the SuperBowl.

[ i m p a c t ]

I know we like to be shady for laughs but the ageism surrounding Madonna talk around here is honestly gross. Why is she not allowed to work with contemporary producers again?

llehuty

I know we like to be shady for laughs but the ageism surrounding Madonna talk around here is honestly gross. Why is she not allowed to work with contemporary producers again?
Erm, I think people has a proble with current producers working WITH ANYONE. Imagine Madonna ft Chainsmokers *shudders*.

Vazduh

The thing is, I think most of us respect her work, but she used to be a trailblazer, and now it feels like she's just not interested in finding fresh producers and fresh sound. Like, she has the resources to do anything, why not search for the up-and-coming producers who would probably kill to work with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom