• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

Ty4on

JwO2M8E.gif

Ty4on

Uh, can you elaborate on that one a little more? Because I'm not really seeing anything wrong with it, in fact that was the post that really made me feel Crab was Town so I'm kinda curious as to what you see in it.
Sure.
Pop-O-Matic seems pretty keen to be lynched. It's making me somewhat wary - I don't think the gamerunners would include a role that actively benefits from being lynched, because it subverts the normal course of play and makes for awkward dynamics (i.e., the one right now, where there is a player that is damaging town's cause but we can't confidently lynch him). Nevertheless, I can't really see any other reason why he continues in this course of action - why would a vanilla town want to be lynched so much? I'm not going to argue strongly for it, but I think I'd be happier if we avoided that one, at least for a little while.

For the time being, I ultimately just remain entirely unsatisfied with QuantumBro's joke, and I find it alarming that it was dropped so quickly. He mentioned that the scum were Apple-themed in apparent seriousness, then tried to pass it off as a joke much later when called out on it. Almost nobody has challenged something that, at least to me, didn't seem like much of a joke at all, which seems surprising - I'd have expected at least a few other people to do so and it makes me wonder whether scumteam are just hoping it drops from people's memories.

VOTE: QuantumBro

The first bit just feels like scum's "I have no strong feelings one way or the other". He's presenting a view (that we shouldn't lynch Pop), but softens it at every corner. This way of writing just always sticks out as scummy to me, not wanting to stand out too much. I've singled out the phrases I'm bothered by in the first paragraph here:
[...]somewhat wary - I don't think[...]Nevertheless,[...]I'm not going to argue [...]but I think[...]at least for a little while.

-------------------
The second paragraph, ehh. It can be a townie, but I don't wanna rule out it being a shitty made up reasoning for bussing a team mate D1 to get out of people's radar. I'm biased knowing it was most likely a joke, but it seems incredibly shallow considering the confidence he's showing. Compare that to the - presumed - lack of confidence he's showing in his town read of Pop. It doesn't help that unlike Bronx, Crab didn't comment right away on the joke.
I've yet to go through all of Quantum (sry...) and am obviously biased knowing the result, but from early on he seemed really scummy from all of the fluff and odd timing of his reads list. That joke seemed like the least scummy thing in context.

Since you were playing during D1 day end, did you (before Crab voted Quantum) have a good idea of where the lynch was going?
QuantumBro: pretty similar thing to Pop-O-Matic here. Why would you ever joke about additional information like that? Ever? In fact, yours is even worse than Pop-O-Matics for reasons I don't feel I can discuss until you die or I feel I am committed to lynching you, but in general: why hint at having information no town can have and in doing so implicitly suggest you are scum?
This is better. A bit weird he waited to vote for him.

acohrs

Me me me!

I still don't know why Flame is in the lead :S
Don't know why he shouldn't be lynched either

I voted for them because of his no-vote yesterday and their lack of reasoning for voting Haly after the mason confession from Haly and Cop. It feels like their voting for some biased reason that they're refusing to explain. Their refusal to explain their actions now makes me feel like they're scared to speak out in case of being caught out.

Flame, if you can speak out and give a good reason for your vote and idea then I will reconsider my vote. I'm waiting to hear your side Queen!

Ty4on

I voted for them because of his no-vote yesterday and their lack of reasoning for voting Haly after the mason confession from Haly and Cop. It feels like their voting for some biased reason that they're refusing to explain. Their refusal to explain their actions now makes me feel like they're scared to speak out in case of being caught out.

Flame, if you can speak out and give a good reason for your vote and idea then I will reconsider my vote. I'm waiting to hear your side Queen!

Flame seems really worried he's the top lynch target... Oh wait -_-

Is it still up in the air why LoC's shot didn't kill Haly BTW?

Ty4on

Townie:
-Bronx-Man
-CCS
-acohrs
-Sawneeks

Bronx is reaction to Quantum
CCS is general tone and reaction to being scum read by Quantum
acohrs is just tone
Sawneeks is tone compared to Pokemon. Feels more aggressive and suspicious and lately genuinely demotivated. Attacks have a sharper edge.

Ty4on

LoC is also kinda townie. I liked his reads on D1, felt like they had some thought behind them, and his claim is risky.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think it is pretty legitimate to be tentative on Day 1, and especially on a slow-moving Day 1 at that. I find it hard to be convinced of anything now, never mind then - there's perilously little material. I am confident in who I think is town, but most people are just a morass of minor postings.

Going to have a longer post in a mo with reads etc. I am currently totally undecided and haven't really paid this day as much attention as I should, so excuse me while I have a think.

Ty4on

I think it is pretty legitimate to be tentative on Day 1, and especially on a slow-moving Day 1 at that. I find it hard to be convinced of anything now, never mind then - there's perilously little material. I am confident in who I think is town, but most people are just a morass of minor postings.

Ty4on

Scum could've only chosen to target him it seems. Eh, a bit less likely then he also saved Haly, but maybe...

acohrs

I dunno. Could just be bored.

If Flame wasn't an option, who would you vote for and why?

Bronx-man, same reason as flame, didn't vote yesterday. The only difference is their reason I can slightly understand more than flame's. However, bronx has been very unforthcoming in their posts with any info. It feels like they post enough to still be in the game and not changed for another player but don't add contribute much to the conversation and happenings. This could mean they're scum or town, I honestly couldn't tell you with confidence, but inactivity strikes me as suspicious.

acohrs

The reason why I didn't vote is because I didn't even have a scum read up until Burbeting's reads came in and pushed me towards the direction of Kalor. But by time I read that, there's was already so many votes on Kalor that I felt adding onto them would give the impression that I was scum trying to turbo Kalor. Kalor was the only one I had even a suspicion of being scum. I didn't want to vote for someone else that I had no read on, so I decided not to vote.

As for the lack of posts, well shit I really don't know what to say other than this has been a slow-ass game so far. Though it's pretty bizarre how that call-out thing from yesterday never had any follow-up.

Yeah. Thought it was maybe a nightly ability scum had, but I guess not.

Nope.

That'd be pretty sick tbh.

Hey there everybody!

Vote: Haly

I could just jump on one of the other bandwagons and try and save myself, but I still feel like this is the right way to go. I thought I had already posted, but apparently not. Lynching me isn't going to do anything more then answer the singular question of my identity. Admittedly, I'm an easy lynch, but I would suggest you look at the people who are pushing for me (which will be nothing more then a wasted day).

These are Flame's and Bronx-Man's contribution this dayphase. They just seem to be bored and not willing to play or just want to not contribute...

Ty4on

Bronx-man, same reason as flame, didn't vote yesterday. The only difference is their reason I can slightly understand more than flame's. However, bronx has been very unforthcoming in their posts with any info. It feels like they post enough to still be in the game and not changed for another player but don't add contribute much to the conversation and happenings. This could mean they're scum or town, I honestly couldn't tell you with confidence, but inactivity strikes me as suspicious.

I seriously doubt Bronx is scum... -_-

Do you have a third person?

Ty4on

These are Flame's and Bronx-Man's contribution this dayphase. They just seem to be bored and not willing to play or just want to not contribute...

A list of players that don't seem bored and unwilling to play would be pretty short right now.

Ty4on

for now no, my whole thinkings this day phase are based on inactivity = casual scum/neutrals trying to hide. That's why I'd really like the guys to come out and challenge my thoughts but they don't seem to want to...

Or maybe all the '''''''''''''''''''''active''''''''''''''''''''' players are all scum leaving town with mostly inactive players hence the low activity. I'm thinking we have three left.

Do you have any town reads?
Almost an entire page worth of new posts????

200.gif

give me a sec
Sorry for all the triple posts making it look like something actually happened >_>

acohrs

Or maybe all the '''''''''''''''''''''active''''''''''''''''''''' players are all scum leaving town with mostly inactive players hence the low activity. I'm thinking we have three left.

Do you have any town reads?

Sorry for all the triple posts making it look like something actually happened >_>

Three? Didn't the others say 2? Granted nobody knows for sure

Ty4on

that's a fair point, what would you do as someone else who has just entered the game and trying to get their head around it?

I... don't really know. You be you I guess? Your play is pretty good right now. You're throwing out your thoughts and answering to people.

You could be completely right on Bronx and/or Flame and I'm just stupid, but one issue I always have as town is blind spots. I recommend seeing whom other people are suspicious of (especially reads from dead townies) to see if there's more than just smoke. Like Saw seems to be suspicious of Corn.

I also think it's a good idea to make town reads. If you suspect everybody you suspect nobody. It's also nice to have someone to throw ideas to and a discussion can be a great way of making a detailed read. Someone might be very good at pushing all the right townie buttons, but faking opinions in a discussion as scum is much harder.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I at least came in to explain myself, Flame made one post and dipped. Kinda unfair to compare me to him, tbh.

Coppanuva

Sorry for not contributing too much this past part of the phase. Been super busy with work stuff, I'm going to throw down a vote for right now, and may move it later. I really wish Flame had addressed some of my concerns, and I will vote for him if I have to prevent a tie, but for right now I want these numbers closer so we can see how everyone is leaning...

Vote: Cornburrito

Will read anyone's final arguments and may adjust my vote accordingly.

Sawneeks

Banned
The second paragraph, ehh. It can be a townie, but I don't wanna rule out it being a shitty made up reasoning for bussing a team mate D1 to get out of people's radar. I'm biased knowing it was most likely a joke, but it seems incredibly shallow considering the confidence he's showing. Compare that to the - presumed - lack of confidence he's showing in his town read of Pop. It doesn't help that unlike Bronx, Crab didn't comment right away on the joke.
I've yet to go through all of Quantum (sry...) and am obviously biased knowing the result, but from early on he seemed really scummy from all of the fluff and odd timing of his reads list. That joke seemed like the least scummy thing in context.

Since you were playing during D1 day end, did you (before Crab voted Quantum) have a good idea of where the lynch was going?

This is better. A bit weird he waited to vote for him.

I had this whole post responding to this but then it got deleted. >.>;

The short and sweet version is: I'm having trouble believing that Scum!Crab went and made himself the second vote on QB after ignoring him for most of Day 1. I do think Crab is acting differently than he did in Dangan by being far quieter than normal but considering almost everyone in this game isn't saying much I really don't know what to make of that one way or another. Not to mention his subsequent posts haven't really struck me as Scummy either.

Also, was that last question directed at me or Crab?

for now no, my whole thinkings this day phase are based on inactivity = casual scum/neutrals trying to hide. That's why I'd really like the guys to come out and challenge my thoughts but they don't seem to want to...

Scum aren't always quiet, sometimes they are as active and talkative as everyone else. Just because someone is quiet doesn't mean they are automatically Scum and just because someone is active doesn't mean they are automatically town.

What do you think of Kryptik and Corn by the way? I'd argue they are in the 'quiet' camp as well but you haven't mentioned them yet ( unless i missed it ).

You have nothing to apologize for, this is the most posts I haven woken up to all game. It's beautiful.

Ty4on

Three? Didn't the others say 2? Granted nobody knows for sure

Yeah, but I think they're lowballing it :p

Gafia games have been a bit town sided in the past. Until Season 5 there had only been 1 mafia victory in the 12 main season games played in season 1 through 4.
The format used in the Mafia championship has 17 players with 4 mafia and 0 neutrals and a fairly low amount of power roles. This might have more town roles to even things out a bit, but even with the extra neutral I don't think balance shifts much in mafia's favour. 3 mafia with 17 players just feels a bit one sided to me; the neutral can still be a miss kill (like they probably were N1). We've had some 15 player games with 3 mafia and 1 neutral, but they felt a bit town sided and lately games that used to be 20-24 players with 4 mafia in the early seasons have had 5 mafia in the last seasons.

acohrs

I at least came in to explain myself, Flame made one post and dipped. Kinda unfair to compare me to him, tbh.

fair enough man, I'm just throwing thoughts out and seeing what sticks or gets challenged. TBH I like getting challenged, helps me make a clearer vision of the game and the players.

now if flame_AC could come out and explain their vote for Haly in more detail that would be great too. Don't want to lynch a townie if it can be avoided by simple discussion.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
1 [m] Bronx-Man
Self-vote, probably joking. Votes Flame_AC, probably still just joking but at least leaves a vote relatively early in the day for a papertrail; not non-commital. First person to hit QuantumBro - difficult to read this. Could be a very early bus, but then, he rode it all the way to the end on a relatively powerful scum role. Inclined to read this as townie. Displays relatively good observation.

Understandably occupied with the exact mechanics of the callout, but causes him to be derailed from making actual read contributions for a while. Again, could be non-comittal scum... but then floats suspicion on Sawneeks, which is a big play for scum - Sawneeks is probably one of the most town-read players and pretty competent, so tough to attack. Most scum wouldn't bother - night kill material instead. But backs down so quickly on this it's not really concrete.

Calls LoC as 'dumb townie'. I don't want to be mean to LoC, but I also misread him as, uh, misfiring town. Obviously agreeing with someone's reads doesn't clear them, but it doesn't feel like Bronx is having to force his reads. And this is consistent pattern - Bronx calls Pop as making a bizarre play, a very natural read. Both somewhat obvious, but brownie points still.

Bit of WIFOM in the defense against Pop in #379 (why would I do X if I was scum?), but to be fair WIFOM isn't always illegitimate and the remarks are pretty much on the money. It would be a bold, bold gambit for scum to bus so hard so early. Noticeably no voting or commitment for D2 end.

There's a bit of bitching about the game format. I tend not to like comments like this - they're an easy way to win sympathy because people love complaining about game formats (everyone loves a moan), but at the same time it doesn't actually reveal anything concrete. There's also a general period of derailment around here - sidelined into Overwatch fluff and so on.

The defense for D2 end is, I think, weak - "didn't want to look like scum trying to turbo Kalor". I hate logic like this. There's way more town than there are scum. If a few townies don't seem town and get lynched, well, no great loss at the end of the day. But what differentiates town and scum is that scum have to force acting like town. Town just act like town naturally by virtue of being town. The second you start second-guessing how you appear to others as town, is the second you're playing badly and muddying the waters for everyone else. This isn't an intuitive lesson, though, and it dreails a lot of newer players, so benefit of the doubt here.

The contributions really tail off from here. Normally I'd worry about this as scum who, happy they've established their brand as an active player and definitely not hiding at all, slowly and subtley sink into the background. But... well, everyone active has done this in the game, I think because the slow pace is more than a little demoralizing. If I suspect anyone for this, then like half of town would have to be scum.

Verdict? I think new/inexperienced town, and reasonably confident in that. I'd like to see more positive contribution and a little more focus/slightly sharper edge to the comments. Get into arguments, push people, expose nerves. But I don't think the relatively passive play is indicative of scum here.

2 [m] Burbeting - GMT+2

Starts with a loose post - "I'd prod people if they were inactive, but they aren't, so I won't". Continues with see-sawing on Pop-O-Matic, and doesn't even conclude, finishes with "But would pop really try to emulate Blarg?". I don't know, Burb, if you have thoughts why not say them? #151 is telling people not to no lynch, which, fine is a true contribution... but it also a very obvious one, and we've now got through a number of posts with no real meat. #172 is more dodging and dancing - trying to establish a presence as a voice to be listened to by using then explaining OMGUS, throwing shade at kryptik... but without committing, just floating trailers in the water to see if anyone bites.

We don't get our first real stance until #192. It starts off by just criticizing people who put out super early leads. I mean, I agree - I also said this myself. But it continues Burbs trend of dropping generic advice (like his brief "hey guys No Lynching is bad" post) that doesn't contribute to the specifics of the game. And I think Burb knows this is beginning to stand out, because again, we get a (very) tentative float of QuantumBro, LoC, and Kryptik -- all of whom have been called out by others at this point.

Another empty advice post in #195 - "hey guys, post more". Also, there's a lot of double-posting here. Its a good way to boost post-count and appear more active than you really are. We have #192, #193, then #195, #196 - so that's 4 postsworth out of what could probably have been one! Good scumtrick that, one experienced scum pick up quite quickly, and Burb is experienced.

We get all the way to #214 before Burb actually places a vote/makes any post that has any real value to town as a whole. It's a fair vote, but also, at that point, a very safe one - Evilisk was indeed very quiet, but also very new, and unlikely to be able to defend well. And Burb splits posts again - the justification for Evilisk is in #215, immediately after the prior post.

And in #281, we get Burb late into the QuantumBro wagon - after Quantum has already taken the lead and with 27 minutes until day end - i.e., at a game-pace this slow,. very unlikely that lead would be altered either way (the day was extended by half an hour, but Burb didn't know that at the time). That's a vote screaming bus if I ever saw one - as scum, Burb would know QB was going to flip and it was unlikely to change as far as votes go, so great point to hit the wagon. And in #289, we get "At any case the pile-up is going to give us some interesting information going forward to D2."; or a lead-in to be able to say the next day "Well, I voted QB, we can conclude I wasn't scum from that D2 pile-up!".

#314 is back to the old fluff production - explaining Combine's role PM which frankly anyone ought to be able to do if they can read, and the ole generic "yay! scum are dead! i'm celebrating this, look how town I am!". #316, more obvious commentary. #323 more set-up commentary, and not useful at that. Burb's next post tries to look contentful - discusses why he thinks Haly and LoC are town - but it is recycled material; his defence of LoC is taken from e.g. Sawneeks' #369.

Burb's net attack is on Bronx. This is confusing, because... I mean, Bronx just reads town, I'm going to be blunt. He might be scum, but to me, he certainly isn't showing the tells for it, and I think Burb's argument just doesn't flow. But I think scumm will be very keen to try and lynch Bronx - as Haly and I have argued for, Bronx's call-out was probably a public-cop, which means he is (probably) confirmed town (and we'd find out as such if the public cop flips). Mafia will know Bronx is town if he is, and they'll probably suspect the call-out for what it is, and so they know they need to get rid of Bronx or they'll have a confirmed town floating around late-game, which is dangerous.

#409 fits the pattern which I'm hoping we're all beginning to notice by now - Burb creates posts that are, at face value, designed to look active/contributory, but under the surface, are simply not. So Burb decides to go through QB's votes in order - something I've already done. Starts with me, doesn't reall have a conclusion (just: "seems solid"). Clears Saw using essentially the same analysis as my post, while also using an off remark Saw made to try and buttress Burb's own position. Dodges around on Pop - the vote is "not very alignment indicative", and to the extent Burb reaches a position, it is "probably town", echoing my analysis. Has a whole paragraph analyzing his own vote - who does that? We don't need to hear your read on why you are town, that's... just scummy. He then goes to Kalor. This is not suspiscious in and of itself - I'd already gone with kalor - but it is suspiscious *because* I had already gone with Kalor. It is recycled material, and joining a wagon early on to help really get it rolling.

#426 is avoiding Sawneek's question. #463 is more "finding ways of posting without actually posting".

I hadn't really examined Burb as much as I should, but the more I look, the more I become convinced there's a scum here. I can't remember the GAF character limit, but this is pretty long now, so:

VOTE: Burbeting

and I'll continue with CCS shortly.

Ty4on

Scum aren't always quiet, sometimes they are as active and talkative as everyone else. Just because someone is quiet doesn't mean they are automatically Scum and just because someone is active doesn't mean they are automatically town.

What do you think of Kryptik and Corn by the way? I'd argue they are in the 'quiet' camp as well but you haven't mentioned them yet ( unless i missed it ).

I feel like adding that as scum in Danny Phantom we ended up playing quite inactively because it worked really well in our favor. We didn't stand out so townies attacked other townies and because the rest of town was quite inactive and that was exactly what we wanted. I avoided posting many times thinking it could boost activity. I think if you look back you can see me rarely posting after a drought, but instead replying to someone who had bumped the thread.

I'm suspicious of Kryptik as well. His opinions feel made up. Corn is null, but a lot less aggressive than I'm used it.

Sawneeks

Banned
also, brb. I want to get to that Flame look over I talked about before I have to head off to work in an hour.

You, sorry if that wasn't clear. Seems to me like thing were very much up in the air at the moment with maybe some momentum towards Pop.

No. I felt like it was hanging around 3 people ( QB, Flame, and Pop ) but there was this feeling of 'I'm not really sure where to go' that was in the thread, almost like people were waiting for someone to give them direction.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like adding that as scum in Danny Phantom we ended up playing quite inactively because it worked really well in our favor. We didn't stand out so townies attacked other townies and because the rest of town was quite inactive and that was exactly what we wanted. I avoided posting many times thinking it could boost activity. I think if you look back you can see me rarely posting after a drought, but instead replying to someone who had bumped the thread.

Just as a note in this - lurking scum is a valid tactic, but it depends who does it. If longstanding active players suddenly go quiet, everyone gets suspiscious. I think lurking scum only really works for newer players who don't have expectations set for them yet - normally newer players are a bit quieter because they have yet to get to grips entirely with the whole thing and nobody really gets the internal alarm bells ringing too loudly if they're not loud. If, say, I or Sawneeks was a bit quieter than we should be, y'all'd be reaching for the rope and frame faster than lickety split.

acohrs

I... don't really know. You be you I guess? Your play is pretty good right now. You're throwing out your thoughts and answering to people.

You could be completely right on Bronx and/or Flame and I'm just stupid, but one issue I always have as town is blind spots. I recommend seeing whom other people are suspicious of (especially reads from dead townies) to see if there's more than just smoke. Like Saw seems to be suspicious of Corn.

I also think it's a good idea to make town reads. If you suspect everybody you suspect nobody. It's also nice to have someone to throw ideas to and a discussion can be a great way of making a detailed read. Someone might be very good at pushing all the right townie buttons, but faking opinions in a discussion as scum is much harder.

Good point, I have a few mental ideas on who I think is town. Not sure if it's wise to share them though.

Yeah, but I think they're lowballing it :p

Gafia games have been a bit town sided in the past. Until Season 5 there had only been 1 mafia victory in the 12 main season games played in season 1 through 4.
The format used in the Mafia championship has 17 players with 4 mafia and 0 neutrals and a fairly low amount of power roles. This might have more town roles to even things out a bit, but even with the extra neutral I don't think balance shifts much in mafia's favour. 3 mafia with 17 players just feels a bit one sided to me; the neutral can still be a miss kill (like they probably were N1). We've had some 15 player games with 3 mafia and 1 neutral, but they felt a bit town sided and lately games that used to be 20-24 players with 4 mafia in the early seasons have had 5 mafia in the last seasons.

Ah OK, that's interesting. So, you think the gamerunner has put in an extra mafia member to make it fairer to the scum as per other habits in other games. Got to say that theory has more merit I feel that others in here. Plus prepare for the worst scenario, which is having more scum than less.

How about neutrals? With one gone, could it be likely that there's another?

That's a fair point. Corn seemingly voted for someone else with little to no explanation after being challenged himself. Kryptik, I honestly have nothing but agree on the 'quiet' camp.

I think that my plan is to keep my vote on Flame_AC for this day unless he explains more why he voted for a mason. Haly and Coppa are pretty certainly masons as they both came out for each other at the same time. If they weren't masons, the only way they could communicate without cheating is in this thread and nothing in their posts suggests that they were in collusion. Therefore, it just doesn't make sense to vote for Haly when he's a mason and it seems pretty official.

Bronx-Man

Banned
VOTE: Flame_AC

I spent all day going back and forth over this, but Flame looks the most suspicious to me right now. They were already prodded into making one post, and they still didn't explain why the hell they voted for a confirmed town mason. Flame needs to give answers NOW.

Sawneeks

Banned
Chronicles of Flame or something idk

Day 1

#104 - First post, votes for Bronx right after Bronx votes for himself. Feels like fluff.
#134 - Comments that he didn't realize Not was a player.
#206 - Comments on how he liked that it was pointed out the Reads Lists on Day 1 are useless. Then votes on Kryptik for the unneeded defense.
#271 - Feels like Kryptik lynch is a good option, feels better about the other lynch candidates.

Day End. Interesting that Flame did not like the Reads List players, one of which was QB, but goes for Kryptik instead and mentions how he 'feels better about the others'. Didn't want to bus a teammate?

Day 2

#340 - Mentions discussing the Call Out later, suggests maybe lynching Bronx on Day 3 to figure it out. Also talks about how he isn't sure where to go for Day 2, which I point out is ridiculous considering we lynched Scum, had a Vig claim, a Call Out, and a Neutral NK. CCS was the other who did this but he responded back, Flame never replied.
#386 - For some reason assumes a Bronx lynch? Also votes for Haly to 'see what happens'. I don't know what he really expected to happen and I don't think he ever said why.

Day End. Flame doesn't post much and, when he does post, they usually lack explanation. He also avoids questions at him or doesn't explain himself further at all.

Day 3

#500 - Goes back to the Haly vote. Admits he is an easy lynch and suggests looking at the people who are pushing for him. Says he could jump onto another bandwagon vote but feels Haly is the right way to go, although doesn't really explain why.

a tl;dr shouldn't even be necessary to be honest. Flame hardly posts anything at all and what he does post makes little sense and has a lack of explanation to them so it's hard to even get his thoughts on a topic. I don't like how he went straight for Kryptik out of the reads list players and didn't try and engage him at all, just decided that he was a worthy lynch candidate and left it at that. It's also been 2 Day phases now that he hasn't explained his Haly vote, instead just drops it and leaves.

Sawneeks

Banned
With Bronx we are now 1 vote away from Majority. Ending the Day Phase now would be a bad thing to do, we need to give Flame time to came back and possibly explain himself.

Burbeting

Banned
The voting tally seems to be one vote away from turbo. I don't think Flame is scum, so I at least urge nobody to turbo.

I'll look into new posts that've come since last time.

Ty4on

Just as a note in this - lurking scum is a valid tactic, but it depends who does it. If longstanding active players suddenly go quiet, everyone gets suspiscious. I think lurking scum only really works for newer players who don't have expectations set for them yet - normally newer players are a bit quieter because they have yet to get to grips entirely with the whole thing and nobody really gets the internal alarm bells ringing too loudly if they're not loud. If, say, I or Sawneeks was a bit quieter than we should be, y'all'd be reaching for the rope and frame faster than lickety split.
I had one of the highest post counts in Danny Phantom, but I was still kinda lurking because I didn't say much of anything. How about neutrals? With one gone, could it be likely that there's another?[/QUOTE]

There's kind of a Gafia tradition of having a neutral in every game. Two neutrals is usually because they're linked like one neutral that has to kill or lynch the other neutral while the other has a different goal or just has to stay alive.
Night Vale had a mechanic like this. You had the dragon who had to kill either three town players and one mafia player, or two mafia players and one town player without being detected and the detective who could scan at night for the dragon and won when the dragon was lynched by town.

Top Bottom