• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

acohrs

Which way is everyone else leaning? Based on comments from yesterday and today, as well as the votes already done today, I feel like the two lynch candidates are Kryptik and Saw. Saw and CCS will probably go for Kryptik, Kryptik is going for Saw, and admittedly in my comments I will probably go for Kryptik I guess bar any revelations or more info.

Ty/Splinter, I feel like you two are the only ones that are undecided. Are you both leaning more towards Kryptik, Saw, or other?

Which way is everyone else leaning? Based on comments from yesterday and today, as well as the votes already done today, I feel like the two lynch candidates are Kryptik and Saw. Saw and CCS will probably go for Kryptik, Kryptik is going for Saw, and admittedly in my comments I will probably go for Kryptik I guess bar any revelations or more info.

Ty/Splinter, I feel like you two are the only ones that are undecided. Are you both leaning more towards Kryptik, Saw, or other?

Isn't it quite concerning that CCS and Sawneeks have seemed to be in alignment in their discussion and voting for the past couple of days? CCS has said on several occasions that they believe Sawneeks 100% of the time. And looking back on previous posts, Sawneeks seems to take any argument against CCS and attempts to redirect attention away from him into someone else. Where it appears to be almost down to the line, I cannot believe that anyone can have such mutual trust in each other, considering the amount of mislynches that have occurred.

acohrs

Why do you feel that way?

Well, with you Ty, from what I've seen this game, you will consider everything and won't decide anything until the last minute seemingly. So, it makes it very hard to read which way you may go. However, you have on on more than one occasion expressed suspicion of Saw, so that is the way I assume that you will go.

Splinter has expressed suspicion of both Saw and Kryptik, however the more recent suspicion seems to have been of Kryptik. This is despite being quite suspicious of Saw yesterday. So, unclear which way they will go.

Unlike CCS, I'm not 100% sure on anyone despite posting my lynching order preference. Now I want to see how others are feeling to understand how and why peeps are leaning the way they are at this stage. Probably doing this as, at least for me, today has been the toughest for choosing a lynching target. Flame and Burb both seemed easy choices, today though...

hangoverdog.jpeg

acohrs

Slow news day huh? Fuck it, let's get some movement going!

Vote: Kryptikjoker

I've explained why already, best of a bad bunch of options. Now, who wants to go next?

*Splinter

Cool, I know I'm voting for Kryptik too, but do you wanna explain why you think it's so obvious?
See Sawneeks earlier post and my piggyback off of it. The main thing is their early game interactions, they remind me of my first game (where I was scum)

acohrs

VOTE TALLY:

sawneeks (1)
kryptikjoker 1193

kryptikjoker (2)
ccs 1201
acohrs 1206

Day 6 Ends:
pin_1482098400.png

4 votes for majority.

That's a pretty schweet xmas avatar there, make it yourself buddy?

Also, why are you the wrong one to lynch Kryptik? You're voting for Saw, why do you think we should vote for Saw instead of you? You got to give me something more than that to help me to believe you.

That's a pretty schweet xmas avatar there, make it yourself buddy?

Also, why are you the wrong one to lynch Kryptik? You're voting for Saw, why do you think we should vote for Saw instead of you? You got to give me something more than that to help me to believe you.

I've discussed it here and here.

Again I think it's quite concerning on previous occasions that CCS trusts Sawneeks 100%. If nothing else, I'll have to join Splinter to move this game forward.

VOTE: No Lynch

Ty4on

More data is always nice. Only gamble is if scum have another double kill?
Yeah. I don't like how "easy" this feels, but it was like that with Burb as well.

Nothing about Kryptik reads town to me. This no lynch just looks like an attempt to stay alive. I'm not sure who the next scum could be, but I feel like we can no lynch tomorrow instead and work with Kryptik's flip.

It's possible Kryptik is the poisoner, but was jailed by Bronx. We probably don't have any protection roles left and would die if someone was poisoned and there are two scum left.

Ty4on

CCS, Sawneeks and Acohrs, what do you think about this?

I have to say I'm little wary of people posting reads lists of everyone this early. I mean, we have just two pages worth of discussion, that's not enough material to really make reads of everyone. It just makes it look like the read-listers are doing fake contributions. Especially if the reads are not backed up by any reasoning, just... a list.

Feeling somewhat wary of QuantumBro, Castamere and Kryptikjoker due to it.

VOTE: Crab

What are your thought so far? You faded into obscurity more or less after putting out that vote to CornBurrito.

So you basically admit you are going to OMGUS vote Castamere at the end of the day if he still votes for you at the end of the day? That seems.... quite strange, to say the least.

It's 3am so I have to hit bed. But before I go, I just want to shout out to all of our more silent players to post, and contribute to the game. Only scum benefits from game that is not moving anywhere. By keeping the game silent, the scum easily can easily coast by.
These were posted right after eachother

Is it too obvious for three scum to post a random read list and then be called out by Burb or is it telling when Burb called them out, but then randomly threw his vote at Crab and shifted to focus on Evilisk.

*Splinter

Yeah. I don't like how "easy" this feels, but it was like that with Burb as well.

Nothing about Kryptik reads town to me. This no lynch just looks like an attempt to stay alive. I'm not sure who the next scum could be, but I feel like we can no lynch tomorrow instead and work with Kryptik's flip.

It's possible Kryptik is the poisoner, but was jailed by Bronx. We probably don't have any protection roles left and would die if someone was poisoned and there are two scum left.
If there is another double kill then I doubt there are two scum remaining. On the other hand if there are two scum and Kriptik is town then we'd lose today - that feels more likely than your suggestion.

acohrs

Is it too obvious for three scum to post a random read list and then be called out by Burb or is it telling when Burb called them out, but then randomly threw his vote at Crab and shifted to focus on Evilisk.

I think it's telling that Burb threw some in the direction of Kryptik but never acted on it. Maybe he was lynched before he could, but it does seem to suggest a reluctance. It's honestly the most suspicious thing that I can think about any remaining players in the game.

acohrs

VOTE: No lynch

I know this is probably delaying the inevitable, but if this is mylo then I'd like to see the next kill.

I've discussed it here and here.

Again I think it's quite concerning on previous occasions that CCS trusts Sawneeks 100%. If nothing else, I'll have to join Splinter to move this game forward.

VOTE: No Lynch

That's an interesting move, didn't think about that. If we don't lynch anyone today to avoid a supposed MYLO scenario, that's assuming there are 2 remaining scum players, who do we assume scum will kill tonight? I assume it will be Splinter because of LoC's PR claim at the beginning of the game, but that's just a guess. That brings us down to 5 people and a no lynch lose scenario, again assuming 2 scum in the game. This increases the odds of getting a scum, less total number of players but same number of scum means higher probability of choosing a scum to lynch. It's very risky but could be an idea.

Definitely has some merit that plan, what do the rest of you think?

Ty4on

I think it's telling that Burb threw some in the direction of Kryptik but never acted on it. Maybe he was lynched before he could, but it does seem to suggest a reluctance. It's honestly the most suspicious thing that I can think about any remaining players in the game.
What about Castamere? Do you think Kryptik and Castamere/Splinter could be scum?

acohrs

What about Castamere? Do you think Kryptik and Castamere/Splinter could be scum?

No because of Castamere's public claim, that in my mind clears Splinter. If Castamere/Splinter were scum then they played the riskiest move I've ever seen and it worked!

Burb might have thrown Kryptik into a trio to hide any link to them. It's more telling how Burb mentioned Kryptik a few times then did not act on it, when Burb was supicious of me, he voted for me to be lynched. That tells me that when Burb is actually suspicious, they were quick to action. The fact that he didn't act on his Kryptik suspicion is worrying

Ty4on

No because of Castamere's public claim, that in my mind clears Splinter. If Castamere/Splinter were scum then they played the riskiest move I've ever seen and it worked!

Burb might have thrown Kryptik into a trio to hide any link to them. It's more telling how Burb mentioned Kryptik a few times then did not act on it, when Burb was supicious of me, he voted for me to be lynched. That tells me that when Burb is actually suspicious, they were quick to action. The fact that he didn't act on his Kryptik suspicion is worrying
-I know I'm town
-CCS' clearing of Sawneeks and acohrs doesn't make much sense for scum
-Sawneeks and acohrs cleared by aforementioned player
-LoC vig claim
-Kryptik is scum

Where is that damn fourth chaos emerald scum!?

acohrs

-I know I'm town
-CCS' clearing of Sawneeks and acohrs doesn't make much sense for scum
-Sawneeks and acohrs cleared by aforementioned player
-LoC vig claim
-Kryptik is scum

Where is that damn fourth chaos emerald scum!?

That's only if there's a fourth person though, still could be only 3 scums. If it is 4, whoever it is must be very experienced that's what I think, probably not his first mafia game on GAF as they're not leaving many hints

Ty4on

What do you think about this no lynch suggestion Ty, can't decide myself if it's a great idea or madness
I don't think much of it:

I don't see how a no lynch will stop us lynching Kryptik if he is town and I think it's better to no lynch tomorrow if Kryptik flips scum and the game doesn't end.

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote: Kryptikjoker

Feel like I've made myself clear on the reasons why. This does put Kryptik at 3 votes btw, meaning one more vote hammers it.

Well, considering no one else seemed to pick up on the reads list at all and instead started to focus more on Evilisk, I would say it worked. However, I'm still unsure if I would say it's Kryptik-Splinter, Burb calling out LoC but not Kryptik over the reads list wouldn't make sense if all of them were Scum. Why just leave out 1 Scum member? I won't ignore the possibility but i think that the team is Kryptik-CCS/Acohrs instead of Kryptik-Splinter if there are two scum teammates left.

acohrs

If it's not Splinter I'm thinking CCS. Then a CCS-Sawneeks team is also a possibility.

Do you think it's because of CCS saying they've 100% in Saw? Do you think CCS made that claim of Saw and me to hide their affiliation to Saw? Would be a very risky move, no?

acohrs

Yes. My main theory is still that Kryptik is scum.

So the only reason that you haven't voted is to avoid turbo because of Saw's vote. Gotcha.

How does a Saw-CCS affiliation work though if Kryptik is scum, surely then it can be only one of them otherwise there would be 5 scum and they would have won by now

Ty4on

So the only reason that you haven't voted is to avoid turbo because of Saw's vote. Gotcha.

How does a Saw-CCS affiliation work though if Kryptik is scum, surely then it can be only one of them otherwise there would be 5 scum and they would have won by now
It doesn't, if Saw-CCS are scum then Kryptik can't be scum as well. It's just an alternate theory I'm playing with. It CCS is scum then Saw isn't cleared anymore.

acohrs

It doesn't, if Saw-CCS are scum then Kryptik can't be scum as well. It's just an alternate theory I'm playing with. It CCS is scum then Saw isn't cleared anymore.

Understood, must admit I can't see the Saw-CCS affiliation as it would be too obvious, at least for me. One of the two could be scum but I don't think both are. Could be Saw, she has the experience and the knowhow to avoid any real hints. Would fit the category.

Ty4on

Understood, must admit I can't see the Saw-CCS affiliation as it would be too obvious, at least for me. One of the two could be scum but I don't think both are. Could be Saw, she has the experience and the knowhow to avoid any real hints. Would fit the category.
If CCS is town and Saw is scum we can at least blame cabot or CCS :p

acohrs

Been thinking about the no lynch idea today. After thinking about it, I don't agree with it. Say we don't lynch today and mafia get the kill, the game will be 5 - 2. Tomorrow, it will be lylo. Let's say we are able to lynch one of the scums tomorrow and they get a mafia kill. On the following day it's 3 - 1 and still lylo. Both times it's lylo and it's considerably tilted towards scum winning.

Don't like that scenario at all, so not going to vote for no lynch today.

cabot

I kindly requested someone santa hat my avatar and a kind fellow did the work.

VOTE TALLY:

sawneeks (0)
kryptikjoker 1193 (1215)

kryptikjoker (3)
ccs 1201
acohrs 1206
sawneeks 1231

no lynch (2)
*splinter 1214
kryptikjoker 1215

Day 6 Ends:
pin_1482098400.png

4 votes for majority.

*Splinter

If Kriptik is town, Ty4on must be too. That would leave 1 or 2 of Saw/CCS/Acohrs. CCS "cleared" Saw and Acohrs, right? Sooo Kriptik can't be town?

Ty4on

Like this:
I thought Burb had lost access to scum chat, which would presumably be a town power role. Never mind

Kriptik makes sense as a partner. The most damning thing to me is the early game stuff with Burb throwing shade at several people (including Kriptik) and always preferring one of his other targets for a lynch. The most recent stuff could be read either way but it would certainly be a sensible time to bus.

Top Bottom