• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

cabot

giphy.gif

Burbeting has been ejected from the game!

Greetings! Welcome to #popMAFIA!

You are Bjork.

#AllIsFullOfLove. You're a weird summer flower, except you haunt Iceland. Theres an honesty about you that very few other pop stars have and you possess a starry eyed nature that can sell TVs pretty well.

Just remember: you shouldn't let the poets lie to you.

For inspiration, your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are an Ordinary Villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate the SCUM team.

cabot

Oh, right.
Sorry, was looking at #popBETAMODE

The real Dark Souls Bjork Pop Burbeting starts here:

Standing in the crowd, cabot watches as the President leaves, the inauguration finished. Cheers and boos follow him and the crowd starts to disperse.

He turns to his cameraman.

"Where's LP? We should be covering this."

His cameraman shrugs, phone in his hand. "Can't reach anyone. Maybe they cut off their phone lines too? Oh wait," his phone vibrates and he opens an email.

"Says here that the newsroom is closed and people at home are just seeing more infomercials. LP is going to do whatever it takes to get the power back on. Last seen heading towards the sketchy part of town."

"Our studio is already in a sketchy part of town," grouses cabot. "Props to LP, he's a braver man than me."

"Also way better looking."

"Shut it, Karl."

"I told you, my name's not-"

A woman bumps into the cameraman, interrupting him.

"Sorry," the woman mutters. She moves away but cabot takes a step towards her.

"Wait, Miley Cyrus? I'd know that voice anywhere." The woman is wearing a tuque that covers her signature hair, and a long trench coat conceals the rest of her.

Cyrus shakes her head. "How could you possibly-"

"Huge Hannah Montana fan."

She frowns. "Yikes. I really don't want to speak to the media right now. How about just an autograph?"

cabot shakes his head. "It's okay, off the record, the camera isn't even on. Put it away, Karl."

"It's-"

"Thoughts on the proceedings here?"

"Don't care, I just need to get out of here," Cyrus replies.

"Does that explain the disguise?"

"Yeah, have you seen the security?" Her coat opens a bit, revealing a hint of white before she closes it.

cabot is taken back. "Is that-"

"Off the record right? Yeah, I'm eloping with Liam," she says. "Don't tell anyone."

"Are you kidding? A scoop like that could save our station!"

Cyrus frowns. "Wow, you guys must be really desperate."

cabot's cameraman nods. "You have no idea."

cabot hands Cyrus his business card. "I'm not expecting anything, but if you give us a wedding exclusive we'd be forever grateful."

"We'll see," says Cyrus, pocketing the card and then disappearing into the crowd.

cabot watches her go.

"That was a stroke of luck, eh, Karl?"

"For the last time-"

AHEM,

BURBETING has been ejected from the game!

You are Miley Cyrus.

You were briefly in the pop realm, but you felt it was beneath you so you bailed on your name, image and style and went a bit more #hardedge.

Unfortunately, it was all a little too tryhard, and now not a lot of people care about you. Your most memorable event is featuring in the lyrics of the tremendous Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds song ‘Higgs Boson Blues’. Tough break, kid.

For inspiration , your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with SCUM.

You are a Goon. Each night, you can choose to kill a target. The command is KILL: <name>

Your SCUM team mates are somewhere in this damn game.

The SCUM chat is no longer available to your sweet ass.

You win when your team equal or outnumber all other players.

Day 6 begins:
bla_1481925600.png

cabot

DAY 6 BEGINS

It started, as they all do, with one.

In this case, it was Joe Jonas. One day, he just got in his car and drove.

Along the way, he looked over at the car next to him. Twilight star Taylor Lautner looked back at him.

A horn sounded, but too late: their lingering gaze had distracted Joe into rear-ending the car in front of him. They pull over and the other driver gets out.

"John Mayer?"

"Joe Jonas?"

"You wrecked my car. We're taking yours."

Taylor Lautner had picked up a hitchhiking Jake Gyllenhaal (he was getting in form for his next movie). The two cars continued down the highway.

A helicopter could be heard above them. Jake sticks his head out the window. "Is that Conor Kennedy in the cockpit?" The pilot waves as the chopper dips precariously.

The convoy stops at a Denny's for food. A fancy motorcyle is parked out front.

"Nice ride," comments Taylor.

A man wearing a leather jacket walks up. "Thanks," says Harry Styles. "Are you guys headed north?"

"Yep," replies John. "Ride with us?"

"Sure."

The restaurant is packed, with room only at the bar. Before you wonder why Denny's has a bar, consider it a narrative convenience. Otherwise, how else could they have a beer with Calvin Harris and invite him along on their road trip? They couldn't, that's how.

Days later, the group reaches the gate of an enormous mansion.

Tom Hiddleston is leaning against the gate nonchalantly. "Took you guys long enough."

"Why aren't you inside already?" asks Calvin.

"She changed the codes."

"Oh. Well now what? We can't turn back now," says Joe.

Suddenly a black 4x4 pulls up, its windows tinted and its speakers blasting rap music. A window descends.

"I can get you guys in," says Drake. "Just don't mention this to anyone. Especially the paparazzi."

Bronx-Man has been ejected from the game!

You are Taylor Swift.

You are the queen of pop. There&#8217;s no beating around the bush. What you want you generally get. You have lots of A-List boyfriends, you create a bunch of great songs that sell, and you have a huge legion of fans that supply you with amazing gifs all day every day. Lead your #bandofbrothers in the fight against the heretic. Slay, QUEEN!.

For inspiration, your Spotify page is mostly empty and not worth linking to, but who cares? That was your decision!

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are a Jailkeeper. During the night, you can target a player. They will be roleblocked, but also protected from any other activity during the night.

You also have the endorsement of President Obama, which surely counts for something.

You win when you eliminate the SCUM team.

Day 6 ends:
pin_1482098400.png

4 players for majority.

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP Bronx. ;__;

I'll get to it in a bit since live mafia starts soon ( and I'm seeing star wars ) , but I'm feeling confident it's Kryptik.

CCS

Banned
RIP Bronx.

Thanks for the cute dogs!

One immediate observation is that, if we have two scum left, theres pretty good odds there's a power role of some description still in play for scum.

*Splinter

Just noticed this in Burb's role pm:

The SCUM chat is no longer available to your sweet ass.

Guessing we can confirm a townie by mass claiming (or at least force a thunderdome.

Maybe save that for tomorrow though?

Sawneeks

Banned
After going over Burb's posts I noticed a couple things, some of which were already pointed out by Ty the last Day Phase here, but he had this habit of always bringing up Kryptik/CCS/Acohrs and saying how they felt 'scummy' but never did much with it.

Day 1 he scum reads the OMGUS voters ( Evilisk and Kryptik at the time ) but ends up going for Evilisk instead.

On Day 2 I asked him what he felt about Kryptik and his reads list, since he brought up in a previous post that he never liked LoC's reads list or QB's but just didn't mention Kryptik, and this was his response. He just sort of...waves the question away, saying that he doesn't like it but doesn't think multiple scum would do the same thing and that 'everyone was quiet' so it wasn't a big deal. Scum trying to wave away the pressure from their teammate and just push the suspicion off?

Burb never really liked Evilisk/Acohrs very much. It's in Ty's post, but he voted for him on Day 1 while calling Kryptik scummy and then consistently called out Acohrs afterwards for a couple different things, mostly a hold-over from Evilisk's Day 1 and then what Burb called a 'bad vote' which he grabbed on to for a while. He would also end up using Acohrs, and CornBro in this case, as sort of 'scapegoats' for staying away from kryptik, claiming the other two were scummier and that kryptik was 'a little better'.

Sort of defends kryptik here kind of out-of-nowhere even though he still 'didn't feel great about him'.

He's got a reads list here . CCS, Acohrs, Kryptik, and myself are his scum leans/reads with Kryptik being his vote. I noted it the last Day Phase but he just sort of plops his vote here and doesn't do much with it despite claiming he Town Read Flame very strongly and never tries to turn away the vote from going that direction. The only time he ever brings up his vote again is here, where he makes a snide comment about scum watching everything happen ( how ironic ) and that Kryptik didn't do anything to sway his opinion. Note, Kryptik never talked to Burb here and Burb never tried to talk to Kryptik, despite both posting a couple times inbetween Burb's list and that post.

He also Town Reads LoC ( now splinter ) for his claim in the reads list above but thinks his silence is worrying but doesn't do much. He also still Town Read him the previous Day Phase but noted his town read of Ty was sudden and strange and his silence was odd.

Really complained a lot the last Day Phase where he calls out CCS/Acohrs vote for him, calling them scum, how could they do this, etc. etc. I don't really see much here? It looks like he was trying to play the empathy card but that's really about it.

Ends up first voting for Kryptik the last Day Phase and then flips over to CCS ( presumably in response to the post above here ). But even when he votes for CCS he tries to downplay it.

Tries to play up to Ty for some reason. Would be a weird thing to do if Ty was Scum, but Burb doesn't really 'read' Ty all that much in the game other than the reads list.

Conclusion:

So, a couple things here after going over everything. He kept trying to stay away from Kryptik for much of the early part of the game, actively going for other targets despite Scum Reading him multiple times. The one time he does vote for Kryptik, it's on a Day where the focus was turned elsewhere and there was really no attention on Kryptik at the time. It would have been the perfect time to vote for your Scum buddy; there was no worry of vote flipping and Burb never actively tried to push the vote that way despite town reading the other candidate, Flame, during that Day Phase. Also minor things, like defending him out-of-nowhere despite a scum lean.

He kept using the same terms for CCS and Acohrs, they were both 'just sort of off' and never really elaborated on that fact until CCS made his weird claim and when he just suddenly flipped over to Burb. If Kryptik isn't Scum, or is Scum and the game doesn't end, then I would look to this group for the other scum buddy. I'll explain why in a sec. Slightly putting CCS over Acohrs just based on interactions alone because it was CCS 'hidden info' that got him to switch a Town Lean of Burb over to a Scum Read of Burb, which is a incredibly significant change based on info he apparently can't ever talk about.

Burb always just cleared LoC/Splinter for his claim alone despite mentioning a couple times that their silence was worrying and that Splinter's sudden town read of Ty was odd. I only hesitate to say this is Scum clearing Scum because Burb did bring up LoC's reads list on Day 2 as a point of possible scuminess, but completely ignored Kryptik's. If Kryptik is Scum then I don't think Splinter is ( Ty brought it up and I agree with him, having 3 Scum Members all doing Reads List on Day 1 seems incredibly odd ) but if Kryptik is Town it's possible that Burb was focusing on getting 'heat' on his scum mate and forgot about the other post, but this doesn't explain his other actions so I doubt this is the case.

Burb did engage with Ty/Not, but it was never really to a point where he constantly read him one way or the other. They would discuss things here and there, and he did Town Read Ty in his list, but it wasn't much else than that. I did point out his comment the last Day Phase where he sort of 'kisses up' to Ty and that seems like he was trying to get one last out and it reads odd if Ty was his Scum buddy.

So based on Burb's interactions and my reads list the last Day Phase, right now I'm feeling:

Kryptik > CCS/Acohrs >>> Splinter >>>> Ty

and I would like to hear from everybody. Reads, who you want to vote for, etc. etc.

Sawneeks

Banned
You analyzed who I chose as "unknown" on my day 1 read list, but didn't analyze who I put on my "Scum" or "Borderline Scum" list: QB and Burbeting. QB was revealed as scum, and as Tracker. Burbeting is still an unknown, but we know there are several roles out there: one shot vig (claimed by LoC/Splinter), jailer (Bronx), and at least a poisoner. Other roles revealed were developer (Crab), masons (Haly, Coppanuva), and power consumer (combine42). Is there a doctor in the house?

Do kinda want some elaboration on this. I'm having trouble figuring out what the first half of this post has to do with the last half. :x

Just noticed this in Burb's role pm:

Guessing we can confirm a townie by mass claiming (or at least force a thunderdome.

Maybe save that for tomorrow though?

I would like you to clarify this though. What did you think that part meant because I have no idea what you're trying to get at here.

Sawneeks

Banned
Then the turbo from Flame to Corn happened (which surprised the hell out of me).

We're dealing with experienced scum.

VOTE: Burbeting

Well, then this is where we are then as town. Astray. Obviously, the status of the current game is on accuracy and there's the issue if town mislynches then it's a loss. I, as you Ty, am extremely interested to hear Bronx's opinion.

Why are you voting if you wanna hear what Bronx has to say?

More as an affirmation as to my reads than anything else.

I also don't like this very much. Wants to hear from Bronx but votes anyway, comes back when Ty points that out and says it's 'just an affirmation of his reads' and that's why he voted even in the face of a possible Scum Turbo. We didn't know Burb was Scum at that time so it could have been possible for Scum to Turbo if Burb was Town, this just kinda reads to me like he knew the vote wouldn't get hammered so just threw it down anyway and got the reason when pressed.

Sawneeks

Banned
oh, i do give rogue one 4.5 doggos out of 5. it's a very very good movie, you guys should go see it. c:

anyway, need to get some zzzzz. will be back tomorrow to reply to things since this game is active when i'm asleep.

night guys n_n

CCS

Banned
oh, i do give rogue one 4.5 doggos out of 5. it's a very very good movie, you guys should go see it. c:

anyway, need to get some zzzzz. will be back tomorrow to reply to things since this game is active when i'm asleep.

night guys n_n

I definitely want to, thank you for the recommendation!

I think I'm leaning Kryptik as well, although it's nowhere near as strong read as my one of Burb.

acohrs

Also, need to go back and have a think. My only certain scum reads were Burb and Flame, need to have sitdown and a relook at my list to decide who to lynch now.

acohrs

Here's my read list:

Townie:
Sawneeks
Splinter

Lean Townie:
Kryptikjoker

Dunno:
CCS
Ty4on

Player List:

3 [m] CCS: townie, all round cool dude with great taste in people, will go down to the Winchester after this game and grab pints with him (don't drink alcohol so will get a pint of coke and some pork scratchings!)

13 [m] kryptikjoker: null, got nothing against kryptik, could be scum or townie, don't know due to their low posting, but nothing very suspicious there.

14 [m] Lord of Castamere/Splinter: worst townie vigilante ever, wasting his one shot on the mason and then claiming which forced them to reveal their PR and get killed. But still obviously townie

15 [m] Ty4on: Null, could be scum, could be town, throwing a lot of questions around and questions everyone despite himself saying that you should formulate a list of peeps that you think belong to each group and stick to it. This constant second guessing worries me as their opinion changes depending on which the way is currently blowing.

17 [f] Sawneeks: lean townie, helpful and asks questions that others aren't. Didn't find the poisoning line of inquiry weird as Ty4on said as nobody else picked up on it which seems more suspicious to me than someone saying stuff in order to enlighten the group.

So, there my original reads over the past few days with the dearly departed taken off the list. Few changes in opinions since then though:

Splinter: based on my read of LoC, still going Townie. Nothing Splinter has done has changed or undone my view on LoC.

CCS: Solid dude and lovable rogue! Has dog, +100 friendship points. Still don't understand the 100% trust thing though.

Ty4on: Still got a null read on ty4on, pops up and asks lots of questions. Very helpful but inconsistent. Could be townie or scum.

Kryptikjoker: originally thought townie then null, leaning more towards null. No read of kryptik, comes up posts and then goes underground again. Could be sign of scum or bored townie, warrants further observation.

sawneeks: some questions over the poisoning stuff but generally very helpful and consistent in their opinion. Leaning towards town despite some suspicions.

Guess if I have to vote right now, it would go:

Kryptik>Ty4on>Saw>CCS>Splinter

Man all this deduction stuff is hard work...

giphy.gif

Ty4on

Do you wanna vote Burb with me Splinter?

I want Saw lynched, but I'm not seeing that vote winning and Burb is still suspicious.

I'm not sure about Burb yet... At this point I wouldn't mind clearing up Flame and taking a closer look at Burb (or Sawneeks) tomorrow.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (4)
Sawneeks .688 .788
Bronx-Man .700
kryptikjoker .722
acohrs .817
Sawneeks .829

Burbeting (3)
Crab .692
CCS .799
Ty4on .889

kryptikjoker (1)
Burbeting .770

acohrs (1)
Flame_AC .711
Ty4on .724 .750

Sawneeks (1)
Ty4on .750 .889
*Splinter .876
They were probably in bussing mode, but hmm. I wanted Splinter to vote so the vote would tie and we could have maybe gotten someone to switch.

I find Burbs vote interesting. It looks like (to me) a scum is already on Corn so he doesn't want to vote for Corn as well, but I gotta read his reasonings first.

----------------
Burb being a goon makes me think they may have two members remaning, but I can't quite rule out just one.
I just feel like if there were only Burb and Kryptik left on the scum team that they'd be behaving differently. And that's not because I'm town reading Kryptik.

----------------
With Kryptik being the one pretty much everybody wants to lynch today we could try to find the towniest things about him. If we don't find any then just move on and identify possible team mates.

Do kinda want some elaboration on this. I'm having trouble figuring out what the first half of this post has to do with the last half. :x

I would like you to clarify this though. What did you think that part meant because I have no idea what you're trying to get at here.

The first half of the post was discussing my prior read lists and the outcome. Then I tried to transition into discussing potential PR roles that were left. It had been clearer in my head, but it came out poorly.

Also, I'm glad that we got lynched another scum! I'm also surprised that we missed some votes. Bronx, Splinter, and Ty4on didn't vote, despite some participation in the discussion. So there's what, potentially 2 more scum? I'll have to look back, but I don't think much has changed from my read list yesterday.

Town:
Bronx-Man

Scum:
Burbeting

Lean Town:
Ty4on
acohrs

Lean Scum:
Sawneeks
CCS

Unknown:
*Splinter

Although I've made the conclusion previously that she's town, I'm thinking more and more than Sawneeks + CCS may be our scum team. Burb and Sawneeks are experienced players and it was mentioned that Sawneeks plays the same every game, good explanations and helpful, but in games where she's scum, it works in her favor. And I believe her vote against Burbeting was bussing yesterday. I had made my vote quite early. So today, I believe Sawneeks is in the spotlight.

acohrs

Also that Bjork gif at the top of the page is giving me the willies everytime I load this page. Can someone please make a ton of comments so I don't have to look at it anymore!

cabot

Also that Bjork gif at the top of the page is giving me the willies everytime I load this page. Can someone please make a ton of comments so I don't have to look at it anymore!

Why does anyone not want to look at bjork?

Modkill territory if you ask me.

*Splinter

I thought Burb had lost access to scum chat, which would presumably be a town power role. Never mind

Kriptik makes sense as a partner. The most damning thing to me is the early game stuff with Burb throwing shade at several people (including Kriptik) and always preferring one of his other targets for a lynch. The most recent stuff could be read either way but it would certainly be a sensible time to bus.

Ty4on

He kept using the same terms for CCS and Acohrs, they were both 'just sort of off' and never really elaborated on that fact until CCS made his weird claim and when he just suddenly flipped over to Burb. If Kryptik isn't Scum, or is Scum and the game doesn't end, then I would look to this group for the other scum buddy. I'll explain why in a sec. Slightly putting CCS over Acohrs just based on interactions alone because it was CCS 'hidden info' that got him to switch a Town Lean of Burb over to a Scum Read of Burb, which is a incredibly significant change based on info he apparently can't ever talk about.
I gotta correct you. Look at the day where we lynched Flame, CCS kinda started to tunnel on Burb there before he claimed.

Sawneeks

Banned
Is that your wee fella??

She is my wee lass. I have 2 Boston Terriers but she's the more photogenic one. c:

I definitely want to, thank you for the recommendation!

I think I'm leaning Kryptik as well, although it's nowhere near as strong read as my one of Burb.

How do you feel about everyone else? Town leans, scum leans, etc.

They were probably in bussing mode, but hmm. I wanted Splinter to vote so the vote would tie and we could have maybe gotten someone to switch.

I find Burbs vote interesting. It looks like (to me) a scum is already on Corn so he doesn't want to vote for Corn as well, but I gotta read his reasonings first.

----------------
Burb being a goon makes me think they may have two members remaning, but I can't quite rule out just one.
I just feel like if there were only Burb and Kryptik left on the scum team that they'd be behaving differently. And that's not because I'm town reading Kryptik.

----------------
With Kryptik being the one pretty much everybody wants to lynch today we could try to find the towniest things about him. If we don't find any then just move on and identify possible team mates.

I'm assuming you meant to say Flame there instead of Corn? Corn was already dead by that time. :x

And his reasons for not voting Flame just consisted of 'his vote is too easy' on Day 3 and 'I strongly Town Read him' on Day 4. He also had a Town Read of him in his reads list that was basically 'scum wouldn't vote for a claimed mason'.

if that's what a bjork is i think i'll pass

I thought Burb had lost access to scum chat, which would presumably be a town power role. Never mind

Kriptik makes sense as a partner. The most damning thing to me is the early game stuff with Burb throwing shade at several people (including Kriptik) and always preferring one of his other targets for a lynch. The most recent stuff could be read either way but it would certainly be a sensible time to bus.

What are your reads on everyone else? Think we got 1 Scum left or 2?

Sawneeks

Banned
I gotta correct you. Look at the day where we lynched Flame, CCS kinda started to tunnel on Burb there before he claimed.

Which post are you talking about? The only one I could find before the claim where he talked about Burb was this one and he basically said he could go 'either way on it'. Burb does his reads list and suddenly he replaces Flame and LoC as CCS lynch target and Top Scum. Unless you were referring to the '50/50 Burb' post?

He did say on Day 3 in a reads list that Burb was 'probably town' so he did go from that to a 'well i don't know'. And he never did mention Burb on Day 3 after Crab made his post, only ever brought it up again on Day 4.

Ty4on

Here Saw. This was before he claimed to have extra knowledge. He just said you and Acohrs were 100% town which I guess is a soft claim, but I didn't interpret it as one.

I definitely think we should lynch Burbeting tonight. He's overtaken Flame in my suspicious list and is the only scum read I have much confidence in.

CCS

Banned
Reads:

Town:
Bronx (RIP)
Acorhs (Reasoning hasn't changed)
Saw (See above)
Me (Obviously)

Null:
Splinter
Ty

If there's a scum left after Kryptik (assuming he is one), it's one of these two. Not really sure which though. I was never entirely sure about whether I thought LoC's early claim was bad scum play or weird town play, and Splinter hasn't really pushed me either way on this.

Ty is a strange one. Replaced a player who was so inactive they were impossible to read, and most of what he's said would have me lean town. However, his voting pattern is a bit strange and doesn't always seem to match up with what he's saying.

Lean scum:
Kryptik

Reasoning mostly follows from reading Saw's points and agreeing with them.

Scum:
Burb (RIP)

Ty4on

Why did you list Bronx as town, CCS?

I noticed Kryptik did the same and even threw some weird shade at him.
The first half of the post was discussing my prior read lists and the outcome. Then I tried to transition into discussing potential PR roles that were left. It had been clearer in my head, but it came out poorly.

Also, I'm glad that we got lynched another scum! I'm also surprised that we missed some votes. Bronx, Splinter, and Ty4on didn't vote, despite some participation in the discussion. So there's what, potentially 2 more scum? I'll have to look back, but I don't think much has changed from my read list yesterday.

Town:
Bronx-Man

Scum:
Burbeting

Lean Town:
Ty4on
acohrs

Lean Scum:
Sawneeks
CCS

Unknown:
*Splinter

Why did you list Bronx as town, CCS?

I noticed Kryptik did the same and even threw some weird shade at him.

It's not shade, I was calling out a fact of yesterday's voting. Bronx had said he felt blind sided after he was sure that Flame was scum and it wasn't true, then revealed his PR of Jailer. He then did not vote.

Ty4on

This comes as a continuation and reads like you think Bronx could be a possible scum.

What was the original meaning?

Discuss the events that transported yesterday. Objectively, those 3 did not vote. And I was trying to deduce how many more scum were in play. Did we ever get a final number as to how many scum are in play? I recall there being discussion that ~25% of the field may be scum.

Ty4on

Discuss the events that transported yesterday. Objectively, those 3 did not vote. And I was trying to deduce how many more scum were in play. Did we ever get a final number as to how many scum are in play? I recall there being discussion that ~25% of the field may be scum.
No, it's not open information in a closed game so all we can do is guess from flips and claims.

Top Bottom