• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular gaming franchises you don't give a f*ck about

For me it's:

- Castlevania
- Super Smash Bros

how bout dat GIF

Last edited:

nkarafo

Too many to list.

On top of my head:

Anything Ubisoft.
Anything Activision-Blizzard.
Anything Bethesda developed.
Anything Naughty Dog.
Gears of War
Metal Gear
Pokemon
Final Fantasy
Sonic (modern)
Halo
Mass Effect
God of War

So i only care for a few ones like Metroid, Mario Kart, Castlevania, GTA and Dark Souls.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
{insert milked boring franchise} {insert sequel #>2}

{insert next gen update/ remastered milked franchise} {insert sequel #>2}

Last edited:

Metnut

Halo
Gears of War
Forza
Grand Turismo
Pokémon
Anything Ubisoft
Call of Duty
Animal Crossing
Battlefield
Diablo

All of these games/series blow IMO.

ssringo

Nearly all of the first party console franchises. Other than Metroid I can't think of any I care about or look forward to.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Call of Duty. I loved the campaings of the first one, it's expansion, and the sequel, but modern ones kinda suck imo.

SSfox

Halo, COD, BF, Fifa, and stuffs like that.

Basically most FPS shooters, games based on IP or movies... cause they all trash beside Batman Arkham and insomniac Spiderman games, sport games, i also don't give a fuck about all Cars games except Gran Turismo. Same for All Nintendo games beside canon Zelda games.

All Nintendo franchises, God of war, Gears, Gran Turismo (Forza just better and takes up that space for me), FIFA, Mortal Kombat, resident evil, and Final Fantasy. There are probably more.

Last edited:

cireza

Almost all of them, with the exception of Sonic, Halo and Final Fantasy. Souls games as well.

These are series where I buy most of the games, and that are popular. Also bought the three Hitman games, so I guess I care now. Otherwise, I tend to buy pretty niche games.

Last edited:

kyussman

Too many to list tbh....I've no interest in Nintendo so that's a whole lot right there with Mario,Zelda etc....Fifa and all sports games,Halo,Gears.MGS,like I said I could go on.
I was going to put Final Fantasy too but I've been thinking about trying FFVII Remake(never played one before)....just not sure if I'll enjoy it.
I'm not some contrarian though there are plenty of big popular franchises I enjoy like Assassin's Creed,Uncharted,Far Cry etc.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Any Japanese RPG anime. Only ones I played were Zeldas on NES and Phantasy Star 2 and 4 during Genesis. Looking back, they are pretty cringey though the visuals were slick for console games.

Dabbled with some 360 demos like FF13. So anytime there's mention of FF, DQ, MH, Ni No Kuri, even Pokemon since it seems RPG-ish, that's a no go.

Once you play Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 on PC around 1992(?) there's no going back to JRPGs.

Last edited:
CoD, BF, R6 and any of these generic military shooters.
Anything Soulslike.
Anything Nintendo does.
Anything Kojima.
Anything sports or driving.
Anything Rockstar.
Fortnite LoL, WoW.

OrtizTwelve

I like most games but overall I would say it's just Assasins Creed I don't care much for, some Call of Duty, and EA Sports.

Basically anything that is on a yearly release schedule is almost for me guaranteed mediocrity.

Mr. Nobody

Naughty Dog Post Last of Us
Final Fantasy
Anything From Software
Anything JRPG
Navel gazing games (Kojima)
EA Sports Games
Battle Royale
Woke Garbage
Anything Yearly produced

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I guess every Sony exclusive, since I went through last gen without a PS4 and don’t regret it.

Anything online doesn’t interest me one bit, even if those are the most played games in the world.

To mention a few: Assassin’s Creed, Halo, Uncharted, TLOU, God of War, Call of Duty, GTA, Red Dead, The Witcher, realistic racing games, Tales, most FPS, Fallout.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Any Online Only game that require constant internet conection to play such as sea of thieves, for honor, predator hunting ground, gt sports etc

Oh and that Daikatamari Nintendo game or whatever its called that always topped Japan chart

Last edited:

elenapska

Pokemon,
Mario,
Pikmin,
Luigi Mansion,
Minecraft,
Final Fantasy,
any open-world game that requires 100 hours,
Nintengo games (with some exceptions)
Fifa,
Roblox,
Any fighting, sport game (american football, soccer, baseball)

slayerjman

Neo Member
More than I care to name honestly. The one franchise that sticks out to me the most though is Assassin's Creed. In theory a series I should love but find incredibly dull.

Top Bottom