• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal opens over northen Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertM

thomaser said:
The Langoliers, based on a story by Stephen King. Freaked me right out when I was 12 or so and saw it on the tv.
Vinci said:
Stephen King's Langoliers.
Oh shit, thanks a lot!

It was bugging me when I was watching Lost and was thinking that there was something similar to it, now I remember.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
RobertM said:
Oh shit, thanks a lot!

It was bugging me when I was watching Lost and was thinking that there was something similar to it, now I remember.

Best part of the movie for me is the airport they filmed it at (bangor, Maine) is the one I fly in and out of all the time. As a little kid, that fact scared the crap out of me.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Vinrau said:
Nope its a black hole

2lnha37.jpg

holy shit lol

Manager

Anticitizen One said:
So what did this end up being since its not the news? Was it some kind of projection?

http://www.tv2nyhetene.no/utenriks/-det-var-en-mislykket-rakettutskytning-fra-ubaat-3052536.html

rakett_melding_772300n.jpg

More and more pointing on a failed submarine rocket shooting, they're having many tests in that area right now. Might be a Bulava rocket, which are known for having problems atm. Not really sure how it could stay up that long though.

Similar phenomena from November in the same area which was a rocket:
http://www.yr.no/nyheter/1.6847340

pyros

Well, looks like it's time for the truth

NeoGaf - NATO Extraterrestrial Organization: Global Allied Force

you guys have been in training all this while, video games is serious business

Higgy

Was just shown on NBC News with Brian Williams. Showed the video and said "It's being reported as a failed missle launch, to a comet, to other types of objects." NBC wouldn't take the last step and say a "portal". :lol

deadbeef

I saw this thread this morning on GAF as I was still in bed, and realized that if a portal really opened up that this is how I would probably hear about it. I would wake up to a 50 page thread on GAF or something.

I wonder what came through the portal? :lol

Zeliard

d0g_bear said:
oh my god: the front page of CNN reads "OBAMA HEADS TO NORWAY TO PICK UP NOBEL PRIZE" He'll be there tomorrow.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Hey, inter-dimensional beings, back off.

Gallbaro

Banned
jonremedy said:
Just like they deny parking their aircraft carrier only one nautical mile away from our oil platforms...

kuznetsovNansen.jpg

Back: Russian carrier Admiral Kuznetsov
Front: Norwegian frigate Fridtjof Nansen
Really, what the hell is the point of parking a carrier one mile from a target and 100 yards from a ship with much bigger guns?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wasn't about to read through 10 pages, but the reason there is a spiral in the photos is because they are time lapse. So it must have had wavering speed or brightness as it opened and/or closed.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Who is it that makes the Next Generation GIFs? I really want him too tie this into Picard looking at the main viewer.

MNC

Dice said:
I wasn't about to read through 10 pages, but the reason there is a spiral in the photos is because they are time lapse. So it must have had wavering speed or brightness as it opened and/or closed.
Seen the video? It has a spiral as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom