• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PORTLANDIA: Fred Armisen & Carrie Brownstein present Actually Funny Sketch Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Never been to Portland, but I live in Vancouver (BC) so close enough. My roommate turned me on to this show. Good stuff.

Seattleite here. Loving Portlandia, even though some of the sketches have been terrible and way too long. My wife and I play on adult dodgeball and kickball teams, so the hide and seek sketch really hit home with us. Brilliant.

After all the Mayor's anti-Seattle comments a couple episodes ago, we need a Portland vs. Seattle sketch.

leroidys

I watched the first 3 episodes and found it really painful. Almost everything is terrible. Some Sketches are funny for about 20% of it. I couldn't believe each episode is only 20 minuets, feels like 3 hours.

ZephyrFate said:
God, I love our income tax. And our lack of a sales tax.
Both are pretty retarded. But as I live in Washington, there's not much I can say about our lack of an income tax but huge sales tax. It's really stupid of the state government to not charge sales tax to Oregon residents because it causes a lot of fraud along the border but whatever.

allegate said:
Both are pretty retarded. But as I live in Washington, there's not much I can say about our lack of an income tax but huge sales tax. It's really stupid of the state government to not charge sales tax to Oregon residents because it causes a lot of fraud along the border but whatever.
hey man i can't get illegal fireworks in oregon so I have to go to your boring state to get them so thank you

big ander

Friday's was the worst ep yet. I don't know what I was supposed to be laughing at in the Sparkle Pony stuff. Seeing James Mercer was cool. The Q&A and acupuncture sketches were good, not great.

Acid08

Banned
Recent episode wasn't the best but still ok. The rest have been incredible though.

Carrie Brownstein is ridiculously cute.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i still remember carrie from excuse 17 so this show makes me feel old as hell

ZKPj0.jpg

Bread

Banned
I've been watching this every Friday, and holy shit it's hilarious. The "Cacao" sketch had me dying, and they always have good guest stars in it.

Jasoco

Banned
This show is so good it makes me wish it wasnt such a short season. 6 episodes? Bah. And next season will have 10, but it won't start for a long time. Double bah. I want more! Especially Kyle McGlaughlin.

Fixed gear bikes are OVER!

big ander

Bread said:
I've been watching this every Friday, and holy shit it's hilarious. The "Cacao" sketch had me dying, and they always have good guest stars in it.
First part of this post had me confused and thinking there were more episodes. :S
I've rewatched some of the sketches, still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom